Hull-Daisetta at Tenaha/Tenaha Rolls/Comments

Cats01

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the Cats, but I knew that Tenaha was going to be to much for us! Maybe next year when we play them at home! The only way in my opinion for the Cats to compete at a state level with the likes of Tenaha is for the school board to stop trying to save a few bucks and get real coaches to come to H-D! Money talks and when you pay the bottom of the barrell money to coachs (Slack) this will always be the end result. Havent had a top coach in H-D since Copeland left in 99'. Sure, we will probably win District and go to the playoffs like always, then lose in the first round, likes always. But again...until the school board unasses some cash this will always be.  Of course, my opinion............

tenaha 48 HD 22 tenaha has the best running back i have ever seen #5. the game was alot closer than the score i know everyone says that but let me backit up with stats. 1st downs HD 16  Tenaha 18, total yards HD 358  Tenaha 427, rushing 41 times for 234 yds Tenaha 33 times for 337 yds, passing 7 of 15 with 1 int 2tds for 124yds Tenaha 6 of 12 with 1 int for 90 yds,penaltys HD 10 for 80 yds  Tenaha 10 for 70yds. big play killed us. way to give it your all

Love the Cats, but I knew that Tenaha was going to be to much for us! Maybe next year when we play them at home! The only way in my opinion for the Cats to compete at a state level with the likes of Tenaha is for the school board to stop trying to save a fewber for  bucks and get real coaches to come to H-D! Money talks and when you pay the bottom of the barrell money to coachs (Slack) this will always be the end result. Havent had a top coach in H-D since Copeland left in 99'. Sure, we will probably win District and go to the playoffs like always, then lose in the first round, likes always. But again...until the school board unasses some cash this will always be.   Of course, my opinion............

this has got to be the stupidst thing said on the computer network. thanks alot now we are all a little bit dumber for reading this post.

Good post Mr. Reality. Pretty dead on with your review of this one being closer than the score indicated. HD scored on their opening drive, then Tenaha does the same, locking the score at 7-7. HD fumbled their next possesion and Tenaha capitalized immediately, making the score 15-7 Tigers. HD drove down to the Tenaha 3yrd line before a holding penalty backed them out and they had to settle for a field goal, setting the 1st quarter scoring at 15-10. Tenaha scored on their next drive after HD dropped a sure interception, making the score 21-10. The closing moments of 2nd quarter saw HD complete a pass good pass, then spike the ball, stopping the clock with a spike with 3 seconds remaining, just enough time for a hail mary. What a bad turn of events the turned out to be, as McClure picked off the fling and proceeded to take it up the sideline 80+ yards for a TD with zero's on the clock. The halftime score was 28-10, Tenaha on top of HD. The Tigers played on a short field all night with HD choosing not to kick deep to triple-threat McClure. All of their possesions began at the 40+yd line.

The second half was more of the same, with Tenaha spreading the formation and utilizing their crazy amount of team speed and athleticism their squad had. HD would have nice sustained drives, only to come up a little short or end in turnover. HD's stud RB Aaron Cook was taken out of the game with 5min left in the third quarter nursing a minor leg/ankle injury to prevent further damage. HD began substituting it's regulars at this juncture with the scrore 34-16. Tenaha tacked on two more TD's (with all their starters in) and HD added a nice TD drive as well. #5 Marlon McClure is the real deal! Last year he was TSWA 1st Team All-State at DB and WR and has offers from Texas Tech and U of H among others. That dude is just sick, probably the most explosive small ball player I've seen in years. I was blown away with Tremain Thomas of EC when I first saw him two years ago, and this kid is even more blessed than Thomas, just with less size. Hats off to the Tenaha Tigers, they are a team to be reckoned with, and should advance deep in the playoffs just as last year without major injury. The Bobcats fought hard and played with heart the entire game, they just didnt' have the wheels to keep up with those speed demons.

Love the Cats, but I knew that Tenaha was going to be to much for us! Maybe next year when we play them at home! The only way in my opinion for the Cats to compete at a state level with the likes of Tenaha is for the school board to stop trying to save a fewber for  bucks and get real coaches to come to H-D! Money talks and when you pay the bottom of the barrell money to coachs (Slack) this will always be the end result. Havent had a top coach in H-D since Copeland left in 99'. Sure, we will probably win District and go to the playoffs like always, then lose in the first round, likes always. But again...until the school board unasses some cash this will always be.   Of course, my opinion............

this has got to be the stupidst thing said on the computer network. thanks alot now we are all a little bit dumber for reading this post.

:D

dis haz gots tobe the stupiedest computter talks i ever did have been heard.... we all be dumberer for weading dis postes!! Gow Babkatz !!! lol  redneck hick!!lol

MR. HICK BITCH everyone from HD knows who i am so do you dont hide

dis haz gots tobe the stupiedest computter talks i ever did have been heard.... we all be dumberer for weading dis postes!! Gow Babkatz !!! lol  redneck hick!!lol

Guest tigersvoice

Say what?

MR. HICK censored everyone from HD knows who i am so do you dont hide

sorry buddy i have no idea who you are........ nor do i care.... if you cant handle your emotions and or my opinion about this football team or any other PLEASE refrain from commenting to any of my post. Save yourself the embarrasment. And why would i reveal who i am?  What would be the logic in that? I do respect your compassion for H-D but not for threatening me on a forum. Thats just pathetic.

Go Cats!!!

whats the difference in me threatening and you downing our school system and downing slack and his coaching staff. I GEUSS THIS IS WHERE IT ALL LIES -IMO- they are the best set i have seen in my time and can tell you a lot of the town fills the same way. and as for as your earlyer post about competing  at a  state level you cant coach talent. a player like the #5 from tenaha will make any one look good. and me being out of touch with this team i dont think so. i am man enough to say sorry for threatening youit was unclassy like your post were also.

I am impressed with HD's coaching staff. They have a good mix of youth and enthusiasm and vetran leadership and toughness. I don't care if Vince Lombardi himself was coaching the Bobcats last night, Tenaha still wins that game. The score may have been closer, but the outcome would have been the same. The kids played hard, and left it all on the field. When you play a team with 6 or 7 kids who are faster than your fastest player, that tends to sway things. They spread you out in crazy formations, put their athletes on the field and create running lanes. Great job by Tenaha's coaching staff on utilizing the talent they have. Our coaching staff did fine with what they were facing and the kids played hard and a different bounce here or turnover there and who knows what would have happened. We will continue to improve throughout the season, and when playoff time comes we will be more prepared to face a team with the talent of tenaha.

Without a doubt, Tenaha is one of the most explosive teams I have ever seen !!! Who let Michael Vick out of prison ? #5 McClure sure did look like a carbon copy of Vick when he ran the ball. The Bottom line is H-D will grow and mature as a ball team because of this tough Tenaha game. We will absolutely crush everyone in district and gain momentum for the playoffs. Cook, Scottie Gilmore, Elliott and Dickerson will step up and lead the Cats deep into the playoffs. There will be no more losses for the Cats this regular season. Also Tenaha would have beaten any team in Liberty County except Dayton.

whats the difference in me threatening and you downing our school system and downing slack and his coaching staff. I GEUSS THIS IS WHERE IT ALL LIES -IMO- they are the best set i have seen in my time and can tell you a lot of the town fills the same way. and as for as your earlyer post about competing  at a  state level you cant coach talent. a player like the #5 from tenaha will make any one look good. and me being out of touch with this team i dont think so. i am man enough to say sorry for threatening youit was unclassy like your post were also.

Apology accepted...... and sorry but I still disagree. I am not attacking ANYONE on a personal level. Forum member or Coach...... When a team loses... you blame the Coaching staff and I personally see flaws...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami