District 20 4A Looks Weak This Year

Guest Nederland Bulldogs

20 - 4A is not a weak district just because lumberton is the best team.

Lol, gotta love these raiders fans.  They share one distict championship with two teams, and FINALLY make the playoffs.......and they are to best team.  Thats funny.  I'm sure you will take your statement back after BH gets the best of you this week.

Dayton that always dominated 19-4A and always had trouble beating 20-4A third place team is now a jugernault... How times have changed. 

20-4A was strontg now they are average.  But let's get one thing straight.  Last season Dayton came in 1-3, Lumberton was unproven, Ned lost there QB, PNG was supposed to be trash, the assumed district champion, Central, was already looking very weak.  Then it happenned. Alll the playoff teams made it out of the first round. Lumberton Beat Lamarque, and Dayton went to State.  All of a sudden the district was strong. You cannot judge the district in the first week.  It looked bad last year too! 

Dayton that always dominated 19-4A and always had trouble beating 20-4A third place team is now a jugernault... How times have changed. 

20-4A was strontg now they are average.  But let's get one thing straight.  Last season Dayton came in 1-3, Lumberton was unproven, Ned lost there QB, PNG was supposed to be trash, the assumed district champion, Central, was already looking very weak.  Then it happenned. Alll the playoff teams made it out of the first round. Lumberton Beat Lamarque, and Dayton went to State.  All of a sudden the district was strong. You cannot judge the district in the first week.  It looked bad last year too! 

You're right, in fact I believe a Nederland poster started a very similar thread very early last year.

You're right, in fact I believe a Nederland poster started a very similar thread very early last year.

Vidor will be the surprise team this season.

Don't throw in the towels yet.  Nederland lost to a talented football team Friday nite and may not see a better one for a while, they definately won't see a better secondary.  They have some weapons with the QB and receivers (one all-state for sure).  Also will be getting some key players back soon and get everyone in the right spots.  Wait a few weeks before you start shoveling the dirt.

I don't know, that's just the way I see it.  If Nederland can get a reasonable defense they'll be ok.  I cant wait to see the numbers this receiver and QB put up.  I saw at least two plays that had excellent coverage but this guy comes up with the ball.  There are others like him but it's a short list.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder