* PN-G vs. Barbers Hill/19-14 PN-G WINS/COMMENTS*

It really does not matter how many fans were there, does it? Most people from PNG knew that if they did not show up early than they would not have a seat due to the small stands. Everyone in the state knows that everywhere we go we bring an overflowing crowd that most stadiums cannot handle. So don't insult everyone's intelligence. I will promise you this neither crowd that was there had a influence on the game because this was the quietest football game I have ever been to. A really dead crowd from both sides. BHFAN, you are right we intercepted a ball right after we fumbled it near your goalline. If you consider 200 total yards (with 45 yards on the last drive when we were in the prevent) being good than I hope you never have coaching in your future. We had over 200 yards rushing and over 100 yards passing with about 4 dropped passes that would have been big plays. With a young defense ya'll should have had a lot more success. Bottom line for both teams it was the first game and mistakes were made by both sides and both teams have some improving to do. We definately need to work on special teams and ya'll have some things to work on. Hopefully by the start of district both teams will be much better. I'm not concerned with our team because we have a good running game with a good QB who can throw the ball and when we start catching the ball better it will take a little pressure off of the running game. The defensive line was stacked up tight and we still was busting through the line. BH has a good running back and he will have a good season if he gets more touches. We had a lot of missed oppurtunities that could have made the score a little different but all I care about is the W for our young team. Good luck next week!!

On this note I'm done! Good post! Goodluck to the Indians next week! don't know much about Crosby this year,but it should be another tight game. Yalls QB's and running backs did a good job! I think if PNG opens up the pass a little more that yall's RB's should have a huge year!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both teams have a great tradition and will do well this year. Hope that BH makes the playoffs and makes a run so hang in there bc you have a great kids and Coaches.

Guest KHS 89

Okay, now I see who KHS 89 pulls for, makes more sense on the other thread he posted last night. 

Penny, I pull for Nederland all year until they play PN-G.  I have family that have attended NHS and will be attending Nederland next year.  My post regarding NHS being 0-3 was just an observation that I can not remember when Nederland lost three games in a row.  I hope more than anyone that both teams will be at their best when Mid-County Madness happens this year. 

The first remarks I made about the Barbers Hill home crowd were not meant to be a digg on Barbers Hill nor their fans.  I simply have never been to a BH home game and was curious as to if what I saw last night was typical for a seasonal home opener.  There did appear to be many "reserved" blue seats that were empty. I didn't know asking a question would brand me as an "un classy" poster. 

And what does being a moderator have to do with anything?  Are you one of those guys that think a mod should be neutral to all games all the time?  Not so.

As far as the crowd goes, BH MAY have had more fans (as they should), as the stands could be deceiving, but like I said, count the tickets.

And we could go on and on about how BH did actually have 1 sustained drive or not, but when you look at all the gifts BH got (like the snap 2 miles over the punter's head that was called dead because of another BH penalty) and the fumbled punt that gave them another TD, BH had plenty of opportunities to win the game, but they were just flat out-played.

And lastly, your interpretation of what you saw vs. mine, does not mean that I deem you a "no class" person.  I'm sure you're just as classy as the next guy, and since this is America, you have every right...to be wrong. 1.gif

Cool KH, I do think Nederland will be at it's best in about 3-4 weeks when we get healthy.  0-3 doesn't mean a hill of beans in the Nederland psyche, I think the 1-4 example where they wound up winning a playoff game is a good example.  The Ned offense will be explosive this year, because the line appears to be much improved.  Still very early.

Well I figured there would be a couple of no class posters! too bad one of them is a Moderator. And to answer both of you geniuses, YES I was at the same game you were obviously not wearing purple shaded sunglasses! PNG had no where near the fans BH brought to the game! Remember your side holds 1000 and BH side holds 4000 that means that even though there were empty spaces we still could have more. There was only a hand full of PNG fans on the BH side, so don't thing yall took up our stands!!

You can paint the game anyway you wish, The fact is you lost one fumble due to a BH hit which means it was forced and then advanced some 30 to 40 yards and caped off by a 20 yard pass!!! The other was a gift to BH by a dropped punt. Did you two forget when BH was driving and threw an interception when it was 1st and goal?????? Again COULDA SHOULDA WOULDA you can't predict the outcome of a game by twisting it the way you think it would have happened. It comes down to execution and a little luck, PNG catches a double tipped pass in the endzone from his back to win the game.

So AGAIN Congrats PNG and coaches for a well earned victory on the road it was a pleasure watching the game.

WOW!  so having an opinion that differs from yours constitutes as "no class".  hmmm....  I guess in the end, however you choose to paint the picture.... We left Barbers Hill with a win.

Best of luck to Barbers Hill for the rest of 2008.  We look forward to showing you what a real home crowd and stadium looks like next year when you travel to the Reservation.

Differing opinions are great that is what the board is all about! Not congradulating the other team while making up crap to make you look more superior is where the NO CLASS comes from 8) Even taking shots at our crowd--- NO CLASS ;D I would have hate to seen the EXCUSES if you would have lost :o 

Oh and if everytime PNG had the ball the quarterback fell down BH would have won 14-0 ;D ;D

Hang in there BHFAN. It's all good :) They WON, We LOST, It STINKS. At least we finally got to watch some High School football. No doubt we had more fans at this one and they will next year at there house. They had more points and it is what it is. They also had nicer band uniforms. Are ours still on lay-a-way or something?  :P

Congrats! PNG.  Ya'll played well.  I think your offense will be very good as the season goes forward.  I thought both teams played with class.  Met some PNG fans before the game, they were all very nice people.  Take care of Crosby and Good luck with your season.

I think BH will get better, remember they are very young...I think we only have 7 SR on the team.  Our "D" is new, and will take a while to smooth out some of the rough edges.  Plus at one point in the game we had 3 defensive starters setting the bench with injuries.  Ponder has a pulled groin, so who knows how that will work out.  Stephen Wright is still not 100% after his back injury, so all in all I wasn't that upset with our play.  I think we will get better with every game.  Our offense needs some work, but it will come around.  Keep your head up Eagles, just work on improving every week.

Actually, BH34, according to the Aug 20th Varisty Roster, there's 43 boys on the team, 28 Srs, 11 Jrs and 4 Sophomores.  Perhaps there's 7 returning varsity players that are seniors?  And with those numbers in mind, next years team will be another "young" team, with only about 15 returning varsity players.

Congrats to both teams for a game well played.  Good luck on the season!

Prayers go out to everyone affected by H-Gustav - be safe!

Actually, BH34, according to the Aug 20th Varisty Roster, there's 43 boys on the team, 28 Srs, 11 Jrs and 4 Sophomores.  Perhaps there's 7 returning varsity players that are seniors?  And with those numbers in mind, next years team will be another "young" team, with only about 15 returning varsity players.

Congrats to both teams for a game well played.  Good luck on the season!

Prayers go out to everyone affected by H-Gustav - be safe!

Thanks for the correction, I guess the info I recieved was incorrect.  I know we do have at least one freshmen and several sophmores on the team. 

I cant see many ways that Nederland doesnt make the playoffs it will be hard for that to happen Ill venture to say that Nederland QB is the best in the area by seasons end Stat wise anyways

Is Cody Green in the area.

how on earth do yall think that ned qb will be the best in the area he can only throw to one side

I cant see many ways that Nederland doesnt make the playoffs it will be hard for that to happen Ill venture to say that Nederland QB is the best in the area by seasons end Stat wise anyways

Is Cody Green in the area.

how on earth do yall think that ned qb will be the best in the area he can only throw to one side

That one side is really good though.

Hang in there BHFAN. It's all good :) They WON, We LOST, It STINKS. At least we finally got to watch some High School football. No doubt we had more fans at this one and they will next year at there house. They had more points and it is what it is. They also had nicer band uniforms. Are ours still on lay-a-way or something?  :P

it sucks that we lost, but the past is the past and we cannot change that, all we can do is look the future and get better.

and no our uniforms are not on lay-a-way. we asked Dr. Poole if we could wear our band shirt and jeans, with our band shoes since it was so hot. you try wearing a 100% polyester uniform, gloves and a band hat with like 2 other layers of clothing. but i can assure you that we will be wearing our uniforms at Lumberton just to make you happy. but the bh band won halftime, i couldn't tell you how many people on png's band were out of step, in the little marching they did, there were so many. and on the field you could barely hear their band they needed to play out more, likes us. but i am not saying we didn't have our problems, i pretty sure a few freshman missed their spots a few times. :P

it sucks that we lost, but the past is the past and we cannot change that, all we can do is look the future and get better.

and no our uniforms are not on lay-a-way. we asked Dr. Poole if we could wear our band shirt and jeans, with our band shoes since it was so hot. you try wearing a 100% polyester uniform, gloves and a band hat with like 2 other layers of clothing. but i can assure you that we will be wearing our uniforms at Lumberton just to make you happy. but the bh band won halftime, i couldn't tell you how many people on png's band were out of step, in the little marching they did, there were so many. and on the field you could barely hear their band they needed to play out more, likes us. but i am not saying we didn't have our problems, i pretty sure a few freshman missed their spots a few times. :P

Hey don't wear them for me.....wear them for you. It looks kind of tacky with the tee shirts and jeans. If ball players can wear uni's and PNG can wear a headress then I'm thinking BH band can show off their uniforms. ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami