Hurricane Gustav Makes Landfall

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

COOP,i worked close with F E M A for 18 years and all the classes i had been to on these storms it was said the storms look for strong sterring currents and   lowest BMP is this changed are is that still the same    sorry for the spelling

I usually look for areas of low pressure. Storms take the path of least resistance. A cool front or high pressure over Texas could repel it. That's the extent of my meteorology.

Man we are in trouble..  With all the hot air the Lumberton blows it will increase strength and come straight for us!

Hamshire Fannet might just take care of all that hot air!

I got a feeling we might be getting some nice northerly winds early next week while Ray Nagin gets a second crack at Hurricane evacuation planning.

Doesn't sound like they are going to let him throw a city wide hurricane party in the super dome.

I've read where they will be bussing and using trains to get every one out.

Seems like their new governor is on top of things.

Man we are in trouble..  With all the hot air the Lumberton blows it will increase strength and come straight for us!

I got a feeling we might be getting some nice northerly winds early next week while Ray Nagin gets a second crack at Hurricane evacuation planning.

Doesn't sound like they are going to let him throw a city wide hurricane party in the super dome.

Heck, he's only got to evacuate 6 people! Go Nagin!

Heck, he's only got to evacuate 6 people! Go Nagin!

:D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder