future recruits

Looks like it's a Q' mark right now ... but there are always a few diamonds in the rough that don't get the Sr. year Feb signing date nod (for whatever reason - wrong HS position, etc) that turn out to be more than outstanding college players.  I can't wait until 2010 to find out who those were.

Guest abovetherim

Looks like it's a Q' mark right now ... but there are always a few diamonds in the rough that don't get the Sr. year Feb signing date nod (for whatever reason - wrong HS position, etc) that turn out to be more than outstanding college players.  I can't wait until 2010 to find out who those were.

I agree with smith but I'll go on record and say at least 20 players will be signed from SE Texas. I'm talking JuCo kids and HS guys combined.

I'm not a coach, but have followed recruiting at the FBS level for a long time.  Aside from a good QB, Lamar needs to go after as many big, quality defensive and offensive linemen that they can get.  Every year.  Yes, the skill positions are important, but wide receivers and defensive backs with speed are readily available.  And speed at the obvious positions is important.  But, those "big uglies", the guys in the trenches, are the players LU needs to concentrate on.  Just my humble opinion.

I'm not a coach, but have followed recruiting at the FBS level for a long time.  Aside from a good QB, Lamar needs to go after as many big, quality defensive and offensive linemen that they can get.  Every year.  Yes, the skill positions are important, but wide receivers and defensive backs with speed are readily available.  And speed at the obvious positions is important.  But, those "big uglies", the guys in the trenches, are the players LU needs to concentrate on.  Just my humble opinion.

I like your humble opinion.  If you look at some of these HS rosters, there may be a hand full of big guys,that's able to go to college, to recruit.  Many schools are having to play undersized kids in trench positions. 

We need to recruit for the "big uglies" heavily.  But also, keep in mind that some of the undersized linemen will blossom the summer between HS and college.  I've seen that happen.  A kid overlooked by big schools at first look, is now starting in the Big 12, Mizzou.

Just my opinion.

Guest coachacola

Since Coach Woordard was a defensive lineman and he also coached lineman, I bet he does understand the importance of those positions. 

Waiting until 2010 for their first real game is going to be painful.  Hopefully Roc and Tidwell will take the basketball teams to a new level so the wait won't be so bad.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder