players promoting themselves

• 1 year later...

I suggest using one of the recruiting agencies. For about 2 grand, they'll help you put a recruiting video together and get it in front of hundreds of college recruiters.

We did this for our daughter and she has received several offers to play BB from schools throughout the midwest.

What sport? If it's football, what ever you do don't spend hard earned money and "recruiting services".It doesn't take all that

If it is football though, Make a highlight tape and maybe even a game or two,send it Attention to the recruiting coach or position coach,add in there stats,awards,testing(40,shuttle,bench etc.) and a transcript would speed things along, get a number to reach the coach,call them and let them know you'll be sending them the film and check back with them,it may take time but you got to be devoted,gettings on rivals and scout and etc. can help,but spending alotta $ isn't neccessary

Go to college camps. You not only get to showcase your talent,the coaches get to know you as a person.If it comes down to a player that has been to their camp and some one who hasn't and the talent is pretty close they will give the offer to the player that has been to their camp because they know first hand what kind of person that player is.

We had the same problem with my oldest daughter.  It wasn't that the coach didn't try, she just didnt' really have the connections.  My daughter wrote a letter stating her qualifications (which were many) and the reason why she wanted to continue her career. Making sure it's obvious in the letter that the athlete loves the sport and is extremely dedicated (even obsessed).  She mailed the letter to every college coach she could get an address for.  She ended up getting several offers, played college volleyball and her team won 2nd in nation.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83