J'Covan update, Part 2

HoopInsider posted a month or so ago that J'Covan Brown was considering heading to play pro ball in Europe....

Jimmy Hicks of RCS Sports adds:

After watching Brandon Jennings sign for a nice wad of cash and get even more cheese with a sneaker deal, you can’t tell me that J’Covan Brown hasn’t atleast been thinking about possibly exploring a professional career overseas (if the proper opportunity presents itself).  Dozens of whispers have been floating abroad questioning if / when Brown will get academically approved through the NCAA Clearinghouse. Well, one thing’s for certain, Brown is proving he has enough talent to produce very impressive numbers against players who have years of NBA and Major D1 experience.  Brown is the starting pg for Team Black in the Nike Pro City Summer Basketball League, coached by Ricky Johnson (brother of Rashard Lewis) who also roamed the sidelines with the Rashard Lewis Southeast Texas Elite this past summer.  Last week Brown scored 27pts in a duel against PSP All Stars (feat. fellow amateur celebrity Tack Minor, who netted a game high 34pts).  I’m wishing and hoping that Brown indeed received the required written approval / release from the University of Texas compliance officer which enables him to participate in this NCAA approved league which is also populated by professional players currently under contract.

HoopInsider posted a month or so ago that J'Covan Brown was considering heading to play pro ball in Europe....

After watching Brandon Jennings sign for a nice wad of cash and get even more cheese with a sneaker deal, you can’t tell me that J’Covan Brown hasn’t atleast been thinking about possibly exploring a professional career overseas (if the proper opportunity presents itself).  Dozens of whispers have been floating abroad questioning if / when Brown will get academically approved through the NCAA Clearinghouse. Well, one thing’s for certain, Brown is proving he has enough talent to produce very impressive numbers against players who have years of NBA and Major D1 experience.  Brown is the starting pg for Team Black in the Nike Pro City Summer Basketball League, coached by Ricky Johnson (brother of Rashard Lewis) who also roamed the sidelines with the Rashard Lewis Southeast Texas Elite this past summer.  Last week Brown scored 27pts in a duel against PSP All Stars (feat. fellow amateur celebrity Tack Minor, who netted a game high 34pts).  I’m wishing and hoping that Brown indeed received the required written approval / release from the University of Texas compliance officer which enables him to participate in this NCAA approved league which is also populated by professional players currently under contract.

Curious to know if t.u. even knows that he is playing in this particular summer league or if they even care because they know he's not coming to their school.

Guest DickVitale

After watching Brandon Jennings sign for a nice wad of cash and get even more cheese with a sneaker deal, you cant tell me that JCovan Brown hasnt atleast been thinking about possibly exploring a professional career overseas (if the proper opportunity presents itself).  Dozens of whispers have been floating abroad questioning if / when Brown will get academically approved through the NCAA Clearinghouse. Well, one things for certain, Brown is proving he has enough talent to produce very impressive numbers against players who have years of NBA and Major D1 experience.  Brown is the starting pg for Team Black in the Nike Pro City Summer Basketball League, coached by Ricky Johnson (brother of Rashard Lewis) who also roamed the sidelines with the Rashard Lewis Southeast Texas Elite this past summer.  Last week Brown scored 27pts in a duel against PSP All Stars (feat. fellow amateur celebrity Tack Minor, who netted a game high 34pts).  Im wishing and hoping that Brown indeed received the required written approval / release from the University of Texas compliance officer which enables him to participate in this NCAA approved league which is also populated by professional players currently under contract.

Curious to know if t.u. even knows that he is playing in this particular summer league or if they even care because they know he's not coming to their school.

AGGIES, how have you been buddy? YOU know I wish I could comment, but...ARE you guys broadcasting FB season? SO, are you guys ready? Having Chad Cooper on here is the RIGHT thing for the board...I am now a casual observer!!  ;)...See you guys around...Go get em Cooper 2!! ;D

AGGIES, how have you been buddy? YOU know I wish I could comment, but...ARE you guys broadcasting FB season? SO, are you guys ready? Having Chad Cooper on here is the RIGHT thing for the board...I am now a casual observer!!  ;)...See you guys around...Go get em Cooper 2!! ;D

Got it Dicky, got it. Being that I am an Aggie, it took a minute or two, but I got the message. ;)

After watching Brandon Jennings sign for a nice wad of cash and get even more cheese with a sneaker deal, you cant tell me that JCovan Brown hasnt atleast been thinking about possibly exploring a professional career overseas (if the proper opportunity presents itself).  Dozens of whispers have been floating abroad questioning if / when Brown will get academically approved through the NCAA Clearinghouse. Well, one things for certain, Brown is proving he has enough talent to produce very impressive numbers against players who have years of NBA and Major D1 experience.  Brown is the starting pg for Team Black in the Nike Pro City Summer Basketball League, coached by Ricky Johnson (brother of Rashard Lewis) who also roamed the sidelines with the Rashard Lewis Southeast Texas Elite this past summer.  Last week Brown scored 27pts in a duel against PSP All Stars (feat. fellow amateur celebrity Tack Minor, who netted a game high 34pts).  Im wishing and hoping that Brown indeed received the required written approval / release from the University of Texas compliance officer which enables him to participate in this NCAA approved league which is also populated by professional players currently under contract.

Best of luck Dickey

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    praise086
    Newest Member
    praise086