DUGAT COMMITS TO HOUSTON

As a Coog I am pumped especially stealing one from TCU!!!

Sold on UH, Dugat set for Broncs

By Dave Rogers

Published August 6, 2008

DAYTON – A.J. Dugat can’t seem to quit smiling.

That’s how happy he is about his decision to play football for the University of Houston.

Last spring, Dugat announced he was going to sign with TCU, but new UH head coach Kevin Sumlin and his staff changed that.

“I like it because it’s close to home, and because I like their new offensive coordinator,†said Dugat, a 6-foot, 195-pound receiver-cornerback.

First, though, Dugat has plenty of catches to make for the Broncos, who are coming off an 11-4 season in 2007.

Dugat caught 72 passes for 1,028 yards and five touchdowns a year ago.

He also started at quarterback and running back, rushing for 536 yards and seven touchdowns, passing for 463 yards and five more scores.

The Broncos have bluechip quarterback Cody Green back after missing the final 13 of his team’s games last year with a broken leg.

Coach Jerry Stewart’s big concern is finding some more playmakers to take the pressure off Dugat.

That much was expected after the season ended last December with a loss to eventual state champion Lake Travis.

Unexpected was the hole Stewart suddenly finds in his defense.

Five of Dayton’s six returning defensive starters were permanently kicked off the team last week, the coach said, after being involved in an incident at school.

“It’s hard to replace five guys that have played in 20 to 30 games each,†Stewart said, “but that’s what the other kids practice for.â€

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami