Central (Spikes gone?)

Yea just a tad. WOW

These coaches that try to make a kid choose a sport is crazy... These kids open opportunities for themselves by being versitile... They should have that right... As a coach you have a right not to play them, but not the right to tell them to quit some other sports... And if you are smart you play the BEST athletes that are not disciplinary issues...

Stowers and all you other coaaches like that arew wrong... And that's how you loose players...

I think Spikes will need a UIL Excemption to play at another school this year!!!  Is that correct?

Stowers did exactly the right thing.  Glad for him.  If the kid does not want to make a commitment to his team then he should be gone.  No doubt that the kid has the right to run summer track and should, but he also knows that there is an expectation to be with his team for workouts in the summer.  If he is not dedicated enough to do that then he is not dedicated enough to help the team, he is a me first person and we have seen what having me first people on that team has gotten them.  Good for Coach Stowers.  No one is above the TEAM...

Yea just a tad. WOW

These coaches that try to make a kid choose a sport is crazy... These kids open opportunities for themselves by being versitile... They should have that right... As a coach you have a right not to play them, but not the right to tell them to quit some other sports... And if you are smart you play the BEST athletes that are not disciplinary issues...

Stowers and all you other coaaches like that arew wrong... And that's how you loose players...

I think Spikes will need a UIL Excemption to play at another school this year!!!  Is that correct?

how can the kid not be dedicated?sounds pretty dedicated to me if he is in football and track,what about the commitment to  the track team?the first week or so of football is running anyway.so why threaten a kid and screw with his life over a few days of summer football .at least the kid is doing something positive and not running the streets.i find it hard to believe a good football coach would do a top player like this?

I hope this report is wrong, but these are my feelings.  If not I apologize to coach Stowers.

What is going through your mind SETXFan?  No dedication to the team?  What are 2-a-days doing that track had not done all summer... This kid stayed in shape and probably doesn't even need 2-a-days..  These practices are built not to learn or run plays but solely to get kids that have not been real active all summer back in shape...  If this kid has ran track all summer he is already in shape.  I can see if it was not something constructive and not to the benefit of the kid, then I would call Stowers right...  But let's be fair... He has not put the kid in a place to succeed in football...  The kid has put the team first and played everywhere the coach put him, the ultimate sacrifice of himself.

He started him at corner as a sophomore and instead of allowing him to perfect that position he moved him the next year.

Then receiver as a junior, and he did not have a QB that could get him the ball (the kid was frustrated every game, wide open and no ball).

Now he is at QB?  Which he could have started last year and would have been more polished by this year.

This kid has had no chance to show college scouts his true ability, and he is an awesome athlete. Stowers is not showing this kid dedication, he is throwing him where he needs him and not letting him perfect any position.  And then he gets mad at him for running?  It doesn't sound like the coach is the team player....

Guest ECBucFan

Doesn't really matter. The UIL athletic exemptions work on the "rubber stamp" concept. It's just a formality, no one is ever turned down. Athletes move around at will. 

Personally, I feel that kids should be encouraged to play as many sports as they want.  This is how schools develop successful athletic programs.

In this case, you would think a coach would be thrilled that one of his players is staying in great shape.  On the other hand, what is he currently missing concerning football?  Two-a-days have not started yet.

What up all!  I been on vacation with folks and brother who is excited about play on the V for the Jags this season!

Now let me set the record straight b/c some of the fact you dudes have been given are a bit skewed!  Vic wants to leave b/c he wasn't getting the job done and I say Peace!  If you don't want to be here Cya!  Last season was his best and he played good in two games then got injured and came back and was showed promise at times!  He had a good grab against ozen but he let Dugat do em all night against Dayton.  He got a 5'9 qb biting at his heels ready for a shot...at the spring game BJ took the 1st team offense 80yds for the score!  I smell fear!  When you are susposed to be a big time recruit and someone is there to take your spot, you will either step up and play harder or coward down and quit!  You tell me what's going on now?  His play and potential have already set him up...he's got 2 D1 scholar offers and the funny thing is he's recruited at DB...so maybe Stowers might know a thing or two!  Yeah, he ran summer track, but he ain't no burner...that 11.2 ain't impressing no one!

JT, who was 3rd @ the state meet quit running track to focus on that weight room and football!  Charlie, who runs a 21.1 in the 200 quit running summer track to focus on football and getting bigger for them Aggies!  Two-a-days are about getting in  shape and play polishing!  The Jags offense still needs to get better as they have find out who is gonna lead the o!  Size don't matter anymore...who wants it more is what counts!  And I'll tell u this, it ain't the Richard kid...my brother said it was 4th and inches against Dayton and they called a play to the FB who had been killing them all night, when Richard tries to sneak it and gets stuffed!  Just cuz the kid's got a great arm doesn't mean he a good QB...you gotta have that something else!  The Richard kid didn't come in at QB the rest of the season, Vic was made the backup!  There's another kid they are looking at b/c he will do things right!  Understand, no matter how much you complain Central is gonna run the FB all night long!  I talked to my boy at Nimitz and this is the offense they are running! 

Them Jags are commited to winning and winning at all cost, if the super star is feeling the pressure maybe he needs to move aside and let the real big dawgs eat at the table!

Oh, now that feels better! 

I hope he decides to stay for the good of the team.  Even if he does not get the nod at QB, he could be nothing but positive anywhere else on the field!

If he stays, great...as long as he accepts his role...b/c it is the team 1st!  If he leave ther are others ready to step up!  The Jags have core of young WR who can block and catch and are all over 6'1'' in ht...an d two young QBs who want to play!  But like I said before, it ain't about size, you gotta have heart!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder