BH vs. WOS

Guest Jody

Who wins this scrimmage?  

1. 1. Who wins this scrimmage?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll tell you what, if the players have 1/2 the energy we spend on here making meaningless points, this is going to be a good game...... :D:D

Sorry Griff......I was under the impression you live in Orange. Did they kick you of of Roselawn or is the view that much better from Sing Sing? :D:D:D

Kicker, I owe you a Bud Light for the last few weeks of humor...... :D:D

I'll tell you what' date=' if the players have 1/2 the energy we spend on here making meaningless points, this is going to be a good game...... :D:D

Sorry Griff......I was under the impression you live in Orange. Did they kick you of of Roselawn or is the view that much better from Sing Sing? :D:D:D

Kicker, [b']I owe you a Bud Light for the last few weeks of humor...... :D:D

Just One????? Where's the love? :lol:

Add another for BH.

I think we will do just fine against WOS.

It being the first game/scrimage I do not expect to see a lot of explosives from either team.

I know both teams will be pumped' date=' and ready to play I just think us, the fans are putting a lot more into this than the coaches.

Sure both would love to win, but I think they are really using it for a good judge for our teams early in the year with good competition.

WOS has been doing this for years and now BH has got to step up and play tough teams early to get ready.

I feel fortunate to be scrimaging WOS and take my hat off to our staff for scheduling such tough teams early this year.

Obviously the WOS staff feels we would give their team a good test early in the season or they would be playing someone else.

I have been waiting for this for a long time the sad part is it don't count.

Hey RB don't be making any excuses for the Hill.

You, Jody, Shellman and I have been looking forward to this for a long time and if the Hill does'nt make a good showing we will just have to eat a little crow.

I don't want the almighty WOS posters to have reason for excuses.

I just want them to come back here like big boys and girls and eat your crow, because I will.

Which is not a problem because we, I have had our share of crow over the years.

Along with lots of other posters from setxsports forums and the downlow.

But we, I also have served our share so here is an early serving of crow for the almighty WOS lovers.

So WOS posters how do you, like you crow, fried, baked, boiled, stewed, or in a gumbo?

Mmmmmm taste like chicken. :D[/quote']

Yeah, I would disappear after that one too. :wink:

Jody wrote:

Don't be a WOS historian like all the others. Last year is last year. Huffman beat WOS 2 years ago and BH dominated them, all of which has NOTHING to do with the Agust 19th 2006 game/scrimmage.

I think WOS is in for a suprise.

SURPRISE!! :lol:

Irish Madman wrote:

Wrong again. If I was a player I'd be at practice right now. No one said anything about underestimating. You are just unaware of what the Hill is loaded with this year.

I think I have a pretty good idea now. They don't seem loaded at all.

Big Papa wrote:

It is just the Barbers Hill players have grown up in the faster pace no huddle offense. These kids can go for days. Not saying the WOS players can't. I have just watched BH beat bigger faster teams that when they came on the field I thought man those kids are huge and we ended up winning because we just out lasted them. Even bigger schools with more players. We just wore the whole team out. Had them same games been later in the year. We might not have won. Being WOS is a smaller school and depend on many players going both ways and this early in the season. I just wonder if they can hold up. I guess we will see.

We did see. BH looked tired and outmanned from beginning to end.

Well since its all over, Jody, you can come back now. Dont forget that fishing trip and beer!!!!! :D

Barbers Hill could be a good team this year! Im sure they will be fine. It is just the first scrimmage guys, dont hold your heads down.

I think Jody gets on the computer mostly at work. He will be back. He's ate crow before and will probably continue to do so. Didn't get to go to the scrimmage but an old timer at chuch said it was ugly. The only good thing is that the Hill as often times been ugly early and rounded into a solid team. I will cross my fingers that it will happen this year as well.

I did not disapear

I just don't have a computer at home mine is broke!

I did say I could not wait till Sunday and I would be back to eat crow or serve it.

Well it is Sunday and it could definately have waited.

I'll take my crow in a gumbo if you don't mind with a Crown and Coke.

I am not going to make any excuses for BH because I said there would not be any.

Here is my opinion of the game, but I am sure you are all going to tell me I am making excuse, or I am wrong and have no business watching football.

BH looked awe full to say the least.

I don't know if it was our best effort or we just need that much work.

I seem to think the latter

We lost almost all of our O line last year with the exception of 1 and he is now out for most of the season with an injury.

Not like I think he would have made much difference.

We moved our entire secondary to offense and that was obvious because of all of the long balls we gave up.

We have to fill the position at QB that to was obvious.

How many snaps did we drop in the beginning and that also falls on replacing a center.

How many times did our offense drop the ball does any one know I lost count.

On a positive note we did not giving up many interceptions.

One of our only good drives we got stopped short of the goal line.

Was it WOS really good D.

Was it BH's terrible play calling.

That I don't know, you can decide.

We attempted a field goal with the score 33 to 7 (?).

I guess we need to see if our kicker can make one if we need it, I guess not on that one.

I think we will be ok this year.

We just have a lot to work on and if we get better in them areas we might make the playoffs if we don't improve we will be lucky to finish 5 and 5.

On the other side of the ball WOS looked really good.

You guys can probably look forward to another really good year and a deep run.

Both sides of the ball looked really good for the first scrimmage of the year.

I liked a lot of things about the WOS team.

With less than 30 seconds in the first WOS kept trying to score.

There is no way BH would have done that we would have taken a knee.

Your stars played the entire game going both ways.

We should have because we could have used three of our stars in the secondary.

The main thing was your team played it like a real game and played to win.

I don't think that was the case on the BH side.

I think we looked at it like a scrimmage and were trying to work on our problem areas, a lot of them, and we got a lot of work at them positions.

Either way WOS probably would have won.

Congratulation to your team and best of luck this season.

I hope you can stay healthy and make another state run.

WO-S's third (or fourth?) RB played half of the final quarter and carried every play. It was the equivalent of taking a knee.

Last year we were up by 21 at the half against BC and they made a game of it. Of course we were still trying to score. That's how you win.

At first I appreciated your post, but towards the end, you start saying what we thought you would. You said we kept all the stars on the field. It was only a scrimmage and so on and so forth.

Give it up, yall were the inferior team. All we have is stars when we have no depth. And all those white hat players are not on Varsity yet. There were way more white's than silver's most of the time.

Theres your"Starts" :wink:

Im sure the hill will be fine!!

Word to the wise' date=' if you dont know about WOS football, DONT run your mouth!!!!!! :twisted:[/quote']

I know a lot about WOS football and your tradition.

I like watching your team play.

I have made many games and will be there when you play Dayton.

What I didn't know you about your team and tradition all have educated me on with some of your arrogant posts.

Your time will come again to be on the losing side or on the the down side.

That is when you will find out just how die hard of a fan you are and how many of them you have.

Be carefull what you say and how you say it.

It reflects back to you city, school and team.

Direct that post to Jody.

That's who kicker was referring to, I'm sure, and that's who has cast a negative reflection on BH.

We've lost games in the past. We know what it's about. We're still here. Let's not act like we're going to lose a game and collapse. Jody has pushed and pushed and pushed by picking on WO-S fans for fun. When his team gets DOMINATED by the team he has spent years dogging, you've got to expect some (hilarious) backlash. Sorry.

Well my "arrogance" is VERY warranted. If you dont like it, then go into exile with your counterparts. Do you see me being arrogant towards Vidor??? No. Why?? Because they respect us!!!

What happened to yall last night is what yall deserve. As for me reflecting on my City, School, etc........well, lets just say yall got what yall deserved. 8)

WO-S's third (or fourth?) RB played half of the final quarter and carried every play. It was the equivalent of taking a knee.

Last year we were up by 21 at the half against BC and they made a game of it. Of course we were still trying to score. That's how you win.

Would you please pay attention to what you read before you reply to a post.

I know you WOS posters are really defensive about things said about your beloved team.

That is why we love messing with you WOS posters year after year.

You just cant figure it out.

I know what kind of team and program you have and have had in the past, I don't need a refresher course.

I do wish we could have played WOS the last few years, because contrary to WOS belief we have had some good teams that may not have beaten you but could have competed.

And yes I would have talked trash and pulled for them reguardless of the out come just like you with WOS.

I was not refering to the 4th quarter read a little better.

I was reffering to the 28 seconds before half time.

It was not the 3rd or 4th back, and WOS threw the ball every time and we got it back with 13 seconds left.

Don't be mistaken, I was not bashing WOS for that.

I think it is great to have a team and a staff that plays agressive like that.

I was just stating that our staff would never do that.

In the past when we have blown teams out and I do mean in the past.

We would do everything we could not to run it up.

I have even heard of our coaches threating the players if they scored again.

There have been many times at half time when we had a significant lead we started kneeling with a 1:30 left till half time.

It is just a Coach Price thing.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder