Dayton vs Bay City....your thoughts

It will be a good game for maybe a half, and then Dayton will pull away. Bay City has had some teams in the past, but I don't think this years team will hang with Dayton. I predict 42-14 Dayton

What kind of size & speed does Dayton have?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be a good game for maybe a half, and then Dayton will pull away. Bay City has had some teams in the past, but I don't think this years team will hang with Dayton. I predict 42-14 Dayton

The kind you win games with.

In that case you guy's must alway's make deep playoff run's,or have played for a state championship or is that watched a championship game played.

From what i can remember Dayton has some decent size on the lines but not alot of tall recievers.

Ozen thanks for the info,i know the city cats played then in 2001 they did not have much size or speed.

dayton is significantly smaller than those years but is much quicker. there are no eye poppers on size or speed really (barring our QB's size...) just good football players that play together. looking forward to this one. also, most of the prognosticators who are predicting a blowout are not dayton fans.

From what i can remember Dayton has some decent size on the lines but not alot of tall recievers.

Ozen thanks for the info,i know the city cats played then in 2001 they did not have much size or speed.

dayton is significantly smaller than those years but is much quicker. there are no eye poppers on size or speed really (barring our QB's size...) just good football players that play together. looking forward to this one. also, most of the prognosticators who are predicting a blowout are not dayton fans.

I thought so,i expect a very good game im going with the upset and taking Bay City in a close one 28-24

Guest blade_65

the kind that is called football speed not track speed

no watch on the sidelines in dayton

the kind that is called football speed not track speed

no watch on the sidelines in dayton

agree....

there is a huge difference in football speed and track speed.

I can't wait to watch the stampeding Broncos.

• 4 weeks later...

I wasn't able to make it to the WOS game but after watching the Broncos on saturday against Lumberton I only see two possible issues.  Of course we weren't getting Lumberton's best because it was a SCRIMMAGE  ;)  but a couple of things did stand out.  Lumberton was able to run on Dayton, Dayton was really quick to the ball on defense but Lumberton did show some running ability, the secondary looked pretty good, quick.  The other thing is Dayton has got to find a kicker.  There is no reason for your Div I QB to be kicking field goals or kickoffs, especially coming off a terrible leg injury, the same leg that he kicks with (please enlighten me on this one).  Dayton's offense is really going to be hard to stop.  Green just stands back there with all kinds of time and picks the defense apart and what makes it worse if he does get pressure he's off to the races.  Arm tackles will not bring Dugat or Green down from what I have noticed.  Going to be a really good game.  Anytime you see Bay City on your schedule your going to have to bring your A-game and i'm sure thats what the opponents think about Dayton as well.

I wasn't able to make it to the WOS game but after watching the Broncos on saturday against Lumberton I only see two possible issues.  Of course we weren't getting Lumberton's best because it was a SCRIMMAGE  ;)  but a couple of things did stand out.  Lumberton was able to run on Dayton, Dayton was really quick to the ball on defense but Lumberton did show some running ability, the secondary looked pretty good, quick.  The other thing is Dayton has got to find a kicker.  There is no reason for your Div I QB to be kicking field goals or kickoffs, especially coming off a terrible leg injury, the same leg that he kicks with (please enlighten me on this one).  Dayton's offense is really going to be hard to stop.  Green just stands back there with all kinds of time and picks the defense apart and what makes it worse if he does get pressure he's off to the races.  Arm tackles will not bring Dugat or Green down from what I have noticed.  Going to be a really good game.  Anytime you see Bay City on your schedule your going to have to bring your A-game and i'm sure thats what the opponents think about Dayton as well.

Man almost sounds like you want to jump on the L-TRAIN its going to cost you a lot to get back on. Thats what happens when you say bad things.

Bay City held there own and looked good on both sides of the ball in there scrimmage against St Pius.I was not at the scrimmage but i talked to the dad who son plays QB.The onle problem he see's is they may need more conditioning.The last part of the scrimmage was live against the clock,that is when they looked like they struggled.They blackcats have alot of talent and there special teams kicker & punter are very good.I se the blackcats giving dayton all they can handle Bay City by 7.

Bay City held there own and looked good on both sides of the ball in there scrimmage against St Pius.I was not at the scrimmage but i talked to the dad who son plays QB.The onle problem he see's is they may need more conditioning.The last part of the scrimmage was live against the clock,that is when they looked like they struggled.They blackcats have alot of talent and there special teams kicker & punter are very good.I se the blackcats giving dayton all they can handle Bay City by 7.

Oh man! you should have never said that BC by 7. you gonna have 7mary3 all over you now. He is a flip flopper though and my just join you for awhile.

Oh man! you should have never said that BC by 7. you gonna have 7mary3 all over you now. He is a flip flopper though and my just join you for awhile.

Nah, he's not from Lumberton.  I only want to be an L-Train flip-flopper because ya'll capitalize SCRIMMAGE.

Excerpt from the Bay City Tribune

This is the hidden content, please

...The Blackcats’ only scrimmage won’t be until Aug. 22, when they play St. Pius X in Houston. Spring football, an 18-day practice schedule in May, took a week of two-a-day practices and one scrimmage from BC’s fall slate.

But first-year head coach Robert Blackmon isn’t concerned. Spring football helped get the new program implemented over nearly four weeks by sacrificing just six days of fall training, Blackmon said.

Blackmon is bringing in an entirely new offense with a wing formation, far from the spread Dan Edelman brought in last year.

The Blackcats don’t have an abundance of starters returning on offense, but they have lots of athletes who saw lots of time in their positions. The defense will be the real strength of the team, at least at first, with eight starters returning...

8 returning starters on defense, anybody know how their defense was last year?

...The Blackcats’ only scrimmage won’t be until Aug. 22, when they play St. Pius X in Houston. Spring football, an 18-day practice schedule in May, took a week of two-a-day practices and one scrimmage from BC’s fall slate.

But first-year head coach Robert Blackmon isn’t concerned. Spring football helped get the new program implemented over nearly four weeks by sacrificing just six days of fall training, Blackmon said.

Blackmon is bringing in an entirely new offense with a wing formation, far from the spread Dan Edelman brought in last year.

The Blackcats don’t have an abundance of starters returning on offense, but they have lots of athletes who saw lots of time in their positions. The defense will be the real strength of the team, at least at first, with eight starters returning...

They gave up 34 PPG.

They gave up 34 PPG.

;D ;D :-X

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder