Club soccer fall 08

Looking at the EDDOA rankings, I was wondering were our local players will be playing club ball this fall.  If folks didn't change teams this is what I think I know:

Two of our best have moved on to college.

MK (Kelly) to Univ. Denver

BW (Lumberton) to UT-Tyler

NS (Kelly) TSC Texans Elite 91, EDDOA Classic Div. (EDDOA rank #6)

SP (Lumberton) Texans FC 92 Red, EDDOA Classic Div. (EDDOA rank #4)

RB (Nederland) Texans FC 92 Black, EDD)A Classic Div. (EDDOA rank #7)

ZC (Kelly) TSC Texans 92, EDDOA Classic Div. (EDDOA rank #8)

We have a GC Scorpions Red 91 in the silver bracked of Supper II (EDDOA rank #19)

No other Spindletop, Gulf Coast or Beaumont team show in the EDDOA rankings.

BYSC has a u-18 Division II team made up of Kelly, WB and some south county kids

As far as the girls go, I know there is a WB senior that is playing for one of the Challenge teams.

Gulf Coast looks to have a U-19 team "TC Clash" in the bronze bracket of Super II (EDDOA rank #20), they also have listed a U-17 team "United 92" also in the bronze bracket of Super II (EDDOA rank #26)

At the U-16 level we have the GC TC Fireball in the bronze bracket  of Super II (EDDOA rank #25) and Spindletop has the STYSA Presidents cup champions in the Classic Bracket of Div 1 (EDDOA rank #7)

At U-14, Spindletop Select Red have a team in Div I, Competative bracket (EDDOA rank #14)

At U-13 we have a Gulf coast TC Crossfire in the Silver bracket of Super II (EDDOA rank #14) and Spindletop Select Red in the Div 1 Competative bracket (EDDOA rank #8)

Please add what you know to the list so we can follow and support our local players.

3 Nederland guys will be playing in Houston for the Texans FC.  One will play for the U16 Red, the other two will be playing for U17 white team.  One is playing now in the final four of Nationals for presidents cup in Delaware.  Two Kelly players I was told are playing for the U15 Texans FC next season.  thats about the only difference I see.  Dont know who RS is but then I am probably overlooking the obvious.

Guest Newbie

On the girls side, I heard CD from Kelly will be playing for Albion 93 Blue in the Premier League at U16.  MS from WB is playing for Challenge 91.  Good luck to both ladies!

Update on SP (Lumberton) - His team (Texans FC 92 Red) advanced in June to the USYSA (United States Youth Soccer Association) Southern Regional Championships in Raleigh, NC. They were 3-0-0 in bracket play, won their quarterfinal match, but lost in the semis. Although they will not be in the Premier League this year, they have been invited back to the USYSA National League this coming year. If I understand correctly, they will also be participating in additional high profile showcases. They will defend their championship title at Dallas Cup, as well as participate in the Disney Showcase, and Surf Cup (this month in California maybe?). From everything I can gather (websites, people in the know, etc.) there will be quite a few college soccer coaches on hand to see the team play at these events. If so, what an opportunity for exposure and potential possibilities to play college soccer! I also learned the Texans FC merged this spring with the Dallas Texans (one of this nation's best soccer clubs). Beginning in August, Texans FC will be known as the Dallas Texans-Houston Division. According to both Texans' websites, players will benefit from top level training opportunities and possible additional exposure events. Good luck SP and all other area players (male and female) who have taken the step to higher level soccer play!

Guest Newbie

Forgot to add BB from Kountze HS on the girls side is one of the goalies for Albion Hurricanes 92 also in the Premier League.  Kountze does not have girls soccer and there is no D1 team her age locally so she has to travel 2-3 times a week for practice to Houston plus games in Houston, Dallas, and Oklahoma.

• 2 weeks later...

We missed all tryouts due to vacation. My son has played Div 2 for the last 5 years and his team from Spidletop disolved this year. Are there any teams in this area that I can get in touch with about playing with this year. He would play U-18 or up.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami