Mustang All Star Tournament???

Guest vpfootball

I don't care who goes in at what, everyone will have to play everyone before its all over with.

I am not happy about playing Wed. night to get to the finals and turn right around and play another game afterwards.Pitching is my biggest concern.But we should have took care of business the first day and It wouldnt be a problem for me.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tchawks99

I understand everyone's concern about the bye. It was an odd number of teams and there have been league's that have done this before. It is not uncommon. I am not happy about playing two games Wednesday night either, one of them being the Final. But I am not the Director either.

There have been good games out here and good sportsmanship  shown throughout. I appreciate all the nice comments that have been said how the fields look. We have alot of good guys out here working hard..Good luck to all and see you tonight ..Go TC!!

Guest tchawks99

.We played Vidor 1 right off the bat and its ashamed one of those teams had to lose because they in my opinion are the two best (Orange and Vidor).I am glad we won where we wouldnt have to play every night and.we can rest our pitchers tonight and that will help us.

Don't count TC out yet..

You are right that was a good game..Those are two good teams.We have srimmagged Vidor twice and they are very capable of hitting the ball and there fielding is  very impressive. But Orange looked good and had some good pitching..Orange hit the ball late in the game and Vidor didn't ,and in my opinion that was the difference.

I know TC just played yesterday and we are off tonight, but don't count us out. We have alot of good boys on that team who can play some ball.We also have a few good arms on our team..Good luck to yall..

Guest bbguru01

I am not counting anyone out yet..I know TC is ready to play and your team looked very good last night.

I am just glad we have tonight off to rest the pitchers..It wil be a good one tomorrow..

And the comment made about PONY not being all that anymore..I do agree to a certain extent. But "select" is getting watered down as well. Just because a kid does not play select that doesnt mean every kid that plays select is a STUD.

I have seen a few kids from all over at this tournament that could play on ALOT of "select" teams..But yes sir you are correct there have been alot of towns take a hit because Select.

I am not counting anyone out yet..I know TC is ready to play and your team looked very good last night.

I am just glad we have tonight off to rest the pitchers..It wil be a good one tomorrow..

And the comment made about PONY not being all that anymore..I do agree to a certain extent. But "select" is getting watered down as well. Just because a kid does not play select that doesnt mean every kid that plays select is a STUD.

I have seen a few kids from all over at this tournament that could play on ALOT of "select" teams..But yes sir you are correct there have been alot of towns take a hit because Select.

There are alot of kids that could play select on these all-star teams. In my opinion, if they don't play select the kid that does play select will have the upper hand in most cases, over time. The simple fact that the kid that plays select ball is playing against all-star caliber teams week in and week outThat alone will make him better. I'm not trying to start a select v. league thread either and I know this theory doesn't hold water in every case.

Guest bbguru01

There are alot of kids that could play select on these all-star teams. In my opinion, if they don't play select the kid that does play select will have the upper hand in most cases, over time. The simple fact that the kid that plays select ball is playing against all-star caliber teams week in and week outThat alone will make him better. I'm not trying to start a select v. league thread either and I know this theory doesn't hold water in every case.

I couldnt agree more..I was just pointing out that there is still good kids that play league ball..I have seen that this weekend.But you are very correct there is an upperhand they get over a period of time.

Guest lufofthegame

I have enjoyed this year, there hasn't been any arguing or fighting and that always makes these tournaments easier.  I have really enjoyed it so far!! :)

I am not positive but I am pretty sure that the brackets are set up by the director. And from past experience, one of the home teams is usually given a bye should there be a need for one. It is the same way in the Pinto division this year. There are 9 teams so one team got a bye. It just oddly enough went to Orange 2 which is their A team. I'm not from Orange but you'll get no complaints from me, that is part of the home field advantage and has usually been so. As far as the 2 games on Wednesday go. That does sound odd to me and the only remote thing I can think of is that they usually play 2 games a night during the week and with an odd number of games they just kept the 2 game a night schedule creating the weirdness. I also think it should have (and it may have) been addressed at the pre-tournament meeting last Thursday, if it was a huge problem.

I am not positive but I am pretty sure that the brackets are set up by the director. And from past experience, one of the home teams is usually given a bye should there be a need for one. It is the same way in the Pinto division this year. There are 9 teams so one team got a bye. It just oddly enough went to Orange 2 which is their A team. I'm not from Orange but you'll get no complaints from me, that is part of the home field advantage and has usually been so. As far as the 2 games on Wednesday go. That does sound odd to me and the only remote thing I can think of is that they usually play 2 games a night during the week and with an odd number of games they just kept the 2 game a night schedule creating the weirdness. I also think it should have (and it may have) been addressed at the pre-tournament meeting last Thursday, if it was a huge problem.

I believe you are exactly right.  Every tourament with an odd number of teams that I have seen in the last several years has had a bye for the Host team.  It makes sense to me.

Great game tonight as Orange 2 defeated Twin County I think the final was 19-10. Twin County really fought back hard. I have a lot of respect for their kids. Everyone kinda forgot about us (Orange 2) but we have a lot of great kids and they play their hearts out. Good luck Orange All-Stars! The field is in great shape and the host are great.

Vidor 1 beat Vidor 2 tonight. Good game tonight and hated to have to play eachother, but the kids and coaches were very good sports and everyone was real respectful.Great run at the tournament Vidor 2 and yall played hard all night ..Vidor will play Orange tomorrow.After tomorrow night there will be 3 teams left.

The kids got together at midfield and both teams did a yell together and it was good to see ..All of them were laughing and shaking hands..After the game you saw gold jerseys getting in cars with black jerseys,that is the way it is suppose to be..

Nothing to hold your head down about Vidor 2, yall played hard and never gave up..good job!

Guest tchawks99

Good games last night..Tonight Vidor faces off against Orange 2 .........Orange 1 and TC will play at 8pm. 

Vidor  1 played Vidor 2 last night ,Vidor 1 looked good and stroked that baseball. The players and coaches were real good to eachother last night..A boy form Vidor 1 hit a homerun and the Vidor 2 coaches went out to shake his hand..

There was another young coach from Vidor 1  who would always seek a kid out in between innings to give a hand shake or even sometimes a hug..That's good sportsmanship, you could tell he cared for them boys on Vidor 2.Good job Vidor representing your town!

Now for tonight a big show down with Orange and TC..

I say TC takes them .. Go Hawks!!

our Tc 2 team played hard against Orange 2 last night.They never gave up and them boys should be proud ..Coaches did a great job keeping them into it..Good Job TC Coaches! Even "P".. ;D

Guest tchawks99

Its' gonna be a good one. 

Coaches please tell your parents and fans to try not and give them kids upfront taking money a hard time..everywhere you go in Tournament you have to pay the $2.50..Please be nice..

Orange will be hard to beat but we are rested and ready to go..

Cant wait till tonight.

Its' gonna be a good one. 

Coaches please tell your parents and fans to try not and give them kids upfront taking money a hard time..everywhere you go in Tournament you have to pay the $2.50..Please be nice..

Orange will be hard to beat but we are rested and ready to go..

Cant wait till tonight.

Boy I couldn't agree with you more about the gate fee. Please just pay the fee. It helps the league which helps our children. We are having the same problem in Orange at the Pinto tournament. It's not a huge problem but any is way too much. Orange isn't set up to collect as you come in because it is so open. So when the ladies walk around to collect the fee, please be honest and if you haven't paid don't walk around and avoid them. Just pay your $2.50.

Vidor 1 beat Vidor 2 tonight. Good game tonight and hated to have to play eachother, but the kids and coaches were very good sports and everyone was real respectful.Great run at the tournament Vidor 2 and yall played hard all night ..Vidor will play Orange tomorrow.After tomorrow night there will be 3 teams left.

The kids got together at midfield and both teams did a yell together and it was good to see ..All of them were laughing and shaking hands..After the game you saw gold jerseys getting in cars with black jerseys,that is the way it is suppose to be..

Nothing to hold your head down about Vidor 2, yall played hard and never gave up..good job!

Well said! I hated for our run to end, but our kids played with heart for 3 games. Im very proud of them, I wish the best of luck to VIDOR 1 its going to be a up hill battle, but yall can do it!! Keep strokin the ball like yall have been doing. I want to give props to the TC league for having the fields looking awesome yall should be proud of the complex yall have. GO VIDOR!

Guest tchawks99

Going down to fields..Be careful Orange and Vidor on your way down..Good luck to everyone..

Go TC!!

After tonight there will 3 teams remaining! Tomorrow night is championship..Can't wait

I dont care if 1 goes in as 2 or vice versa, all im saying is draw for the spots instead of placing them were they WANT to be placed on the bracket. This is why leagues are suffering, be fair thats all.

From what it has been told to the parents of the TC Team #2 which is actually the #1 team is that the teams were written down in a list like Vidor 1, Vidor 2, Orange 1 etc.  We were told that Groves was originally going to have 2 teams entered into the bracket but ended up with only one.  So this made the bracket with 7 teams instead of 8.  The TC #2 team was the last on the bracket so they ended up with the bye.  Hope this helps.

.We played Vidor 1 right off the bat and its ashamed one of those teams had to lose because they in my opinion are the two best (Orange and Vidor).I am glad we won where we wouldnt have to play every night and.we can rest our pitchers tonight and that will help us.

Don't count TC out yet..

You are right that was a good game..Those are two good teams.We have srimmagged Vidor twice and they are very capable of hitting the ball and there fielding is  very impressive. But Orange looked good and had some good pitching..Orange hit the ball late in the game and Vidor didn't ,and in my opinion that was the difference.

I know TC just played yesterday and we are off tonight, but don't count us out. We have alot of good boys on that team who can play some ball.We also have a few good arms on our team..Good luck to yall..

I agree.  The TC team remaining is in top form.  The Game tonight between TC and Orange should be a good one.  In my opinion it is one or the other that is going to win the tournament.  Just depends on who brings their A game.

I saw a post earlier about the two Vidor Teams playing and after the game gathering together on the mound and showing unity and wanted to say something about the Vidor team in gold.  The kids on that team seem to have so much fun.  I saw two games where they shook there hats during the anthem, ran hard onto and off the field.  The coaches on that team  should be proud they are teaching their kids to enjoy the game that much  and not forgetting what baseball is all about.  I know several of us Orange parents noticed and I just felt compelled to say great job. Good Luck both Orange teams.

I saw a post earlier about the two Vidor Teams playing and after the game gathering together on the mound and showing unity and wanted to say something about the Vidor team in gold.  The kids on that team seem to have so much fun.  I saw two games where they shook there hats during the anthem, ran hard onto and off the field.  The coaches on that team  should be proud they are teaching their kids to enjoy the game that much  and not forgetting what baseball is all about.  I know several of us Orange parents noticed and I just felt compelled to say great job. Good Luck both Orange teams.

Thanks WOS75 I was one of the coaches on the Vidor team in gold and I am very proud of our kids on the team. From the beginning this group of boys played with heart and played to have fun.  We preached to these boys about the importance in hustling on and off the field no matter if we were winning or losing. I wouldnt trade any of these boys for any other players. I wished we had more time to coach these kids before the tournament because we were starting to gel as a TEAM. We thought it would be neat to do the hat shake during the national anthem I'm glad you noticed it. Its just something for them to remember. Thanks again for the nice compliments. Good luck to the rest of the Teams. GO VIDOR

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124