Bridge City... Another rough season in store for the Cardinals?

The defense has greatly improved, not sure if it was coaches getting right people in certain positions or what, but they look good.  Look for them to make things happen.  The offense................something is going to have to happen or they are in for a very long season.  Hopefully the coaches will have some

brilliant ideas on improving before they get to district.   

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe you are right. A few more kids on the 3A level would help out a bunch. I believe if the kids just listen to Coach Stump and not there parents (about were they should play or how they should play) he will have a successful year this year!

If he did have a Ray or Claude that would help out too...

And on that same note I think if the coach would not listen the parents they might be much better.  I think talent has to recognized and changes have to be made at certain positions regardless of who it might upset - the parents or grandparents or whoever.  I personally think it's sad that parents lobby for their kids to play a certain position - let them earn it and work hard for it and one day they can be proud of it. 

I agree 100%. But it is so hard for parents or grandparents to but out because they "THINK" they know more than the coach...

Their is a good University right down the road. If they want to become a coach so be it. It will cost more to go to college for 4 years and get a degree than they will make in salary over the next 2 years...but it is a great job...Then they can coach little johnny however they want!

To Ex-Ceauxch:  Most male folks go to college and major in Science, Engineering or Finance to enjoy the big remunerations that those type college degrees can bring-- if you can apply them.  Yes, and many of them played a lot of football also, just like you did.  I would think that those folks are entitled to their intelligent football opinions also.  LOL

Yes . I agree.

But.... We don't come over to your little cubicle or office and say your punching the wrong button on that keyboard, back in my day Mrs. Smith said to do it this way. And that is how you should be doing it.

Oh, I do believe you are entitled to your own opinion...But please kept it in the restroom with the rest of the......Well you get the point.

To EX-Ceauxch:  Certainly you would be welcome to come to any of our offices but they are not the "little cubicles" that you have envisioned, they are the big plush offices in most cases. LOL

Yes, you also are welcome to  help straighten us out on our keyboards.  Let's see you could help us solve a few stiff equations for the third unknown.  Or you could help set up a plan of action for developing competing stoichiometric exothermic reaction coefficients. Or if that is a little heavy for you; you could just explain photosynthesis photochemical and enzymatic light-dependent reactions.  Or maybe you could explain Geospatial database terrestrial consortium and geodesy formats.

Please give me one hour to draw a crowd to hear a P.E. Major explain any of these type scientific formats.  There are a lot of people that would enjoy your explanations along these subjects!  LOL

Fellow, Just because many folks that own a lot of real estate across the area that pay plenty of school taxes-- and thus your salary: does not make them forget knowledge of playing the great game of football for many years just like you did.

The difference is that they choose to  enjoy the game and they also expanded their knowledge also into other more difficult fields.  LOL

Hmmmmpppphhhhh...

You know my son is in the Aerospace Engineering program at Texas A&M and he has told me that he is seriously considering getting his degree and maybe even becoming a coach because our coaches had such an impact on his life...he wants to give a little of that back.  I think that's awesome.

Is it just me or is there a little bit of stereotyping on the boards as of late?  JW

If you could be happy enough to give me the calculation of the quantities of reactants and products in the  chemical reaction. I will do my best. But like in coaching...Isn't that what they pay you for?????

And as far as stiff equations for the third unknown...I believe that is your knowledge of High School football!!  Unknown!!!!  LOL :)

Just for your information EAST TX.

After coaching at the varsity level for 12 years and teaching economics.  (One of the 12 courses I am certified by the state of Texas to teach) I have returned to school to finish my degree in process and chemical engineering. Currently I am working on a CCR (Continuous Catalytic Reformer) unit here locally and hope to have some input on the new one we are building now. Which will be one of the largest in the world. So as to think I am some  DUMB P.E. coach is completely absurd!!

BTW...I would love to see this plush office of yours. Sounds a bit intriguing to have an opportunity to HELP you with YOUR work. ;)

To EX-Ceauxch:  Certainly you would be welcome to come to any of our offices but they are not the "little cubicles" that you have envisioned, they are the big plush offices in most cases. LOL

Yes, you also are welcome to  help straighten us out on our keyboards.  Let's see you could help us solve a few stiff equations for the third unknown.  Or you could help up set a plan of action for developing competing stoichiometric exothermic reaction coefficients. Or if that is a little heavy for you; you could just explain photosynthesis photochemical and enzymatic light-dependent reactions.  Or maybe you could explain Geospatial database terrestrial consortium and geodesy formats.

Please give me one hour to draw a crowd to hear a P.E. Major explain any of these type scientific formats.  There are a lot of people that would enjoy your explanations along these subjects!   LOL

Fellow, Just because many folks that own a lot of real estate across the area that pay plenty of school taxes-- and thus your salary: does not make them forget knowledge of playing the great game of football for many years just like you did.

The difference is that they choose to  enjoy the game and they also expanded their knowledge also into other more difficult fields.   LOL

Quit being an elitist

Congrats Sir: On your working on some more higher learning.....Remember, that does not mean you will forget any of the football that you have learned----just like the rest of the other folks on here that love and played football.

Actually, I retired at 56 year of age, eleven years ago and don't have to work anymore.  ;D

Whoa!!! I may be sexually stimulated by the jargon contained within this thread!  An educated, heated discussion over who can pee the farthest!!!!! :D

DUDE!  Come on!

When involved in this type of exchange, use of the word "URINATE" will have a greater propensity to illustrate YOUR intellectual level!  :-*

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder