BISD Board approves purchase of land for stadium

BISD Board Approves Land Purchase for Athletic Complex

Comments 0 | Recommend 0

June 19, 2008 - 8:58PM

Ashley Rodrigue & Scott Lawrence

The Beaumont school board has approved the purchase of land for a new multi-purpose athletic complex, and as KFDM News first reported in April, the land is off Interstate 10 near Brooks Road.

The board met in executive session during its Thursday night meeting, and it emerged shortly before 9 p.m. and approved the purchase.

The pricetag is $3,655,000.

The land is near the baseball fields at Ford Park.  It's on the same side as Ford Park, but not within Ford Park.

6 News reporter Ashley Rodrigue will have more on the story at 10. 

Yea, thats gonna be a huge stadium

Noticed on the BISD web site that they toured Galena Park, Berry and Fort Bend stadiums.  If Galena Park is the model the capacity isn't all that great at around 10,000. 

PNG's stadium will seat 12,500 and will have a video system and press box that is much better than any of the Houston area stadiums.  Hopefully for $33 million BISD will at least match Indian Stadium on features.

You must have not seen the Berry Center in CY Fair it will make PNG stadium look like a pee wee stadium.I beleive they spended 82 million on that complex.

Can't wait!!!

Most likely games won't be played there till 2012 or 2013, if not later. BISD knows how to drag their feet.

Depending on when they actually start on it, it should take about two years to complete. If they start it now, it should be football ready for the 2011 season. Should be really nice stadium if it's done right! ;)

Noticed on the BISD web site that they toured Galena Park, Berry and Fort Bend stadiums. If Galena Park is the model the capacity isn't all that great at around 10,000.

PNG's stadium will seat 12,500 and will have a video system and press box that is much better than any of the Houston area stadiums. Hopefully for $33 million BISD will at least match Indian Stadium on features.

You must have not seen the Berry Center in CY Fair it will make PNG stadium look like a pee wee stadium.I beleive they spended 82 million on that complex.

Saw Dayton play there. Berry seats 11000. Unless you rate a lot of concrete as important to your game experience, turf, scoreboard, press box and other fan facilities will be better at PNG.

This is the second thing that you said to boast your ego that the new Rez will be better than our new stadium. It's called 'hating', which isn't a nice thing to do.  Just be happy for us, man. Geesh. I've already told my PN-G friends that I can't wait to go to yall new stadium this fall.

Noticed on the BISD web site that they toured Galena Park, Berry and Fort Bend stadiums.  If Galena Park is the model the capacity isn't all that great at around 10,000. 

PNG's stadium will seat 12,500 and will have a video system and press box that is much better than any of the Houston area stadiums.  Hopefully for $33 million BISD will at least match Indian Stadium on features.

Saw Dayton play there.  Berry seats 11000.  Unless you rate a lot of concrete as important to your game experience, turf, scoreboard, press box and other fan facilities will be better at PNG.

This is the second thing that you said to boast your ego that the new Rez will be better than our new stadium.  It's called 'hating', which isn't a nice thing to do.  Just be happy for us, man.  Geesh.  I've already told my PN-G friends that I can't wait to go to yall new stadium this fall.

Hating?  You crack me up dude.  Not the intention.  I was pointing out that BISD can do better than Galena Park which is not a very big stadium.  PNG's stadium has some top notch features that Beaumont should look at including.  For 33 mill you should be able to afford it.  Also pointing out that the concrete cookie cutter stadiums are nice but don't make the experience any better than you'll get in Port Neches.  Congratulations on getting a long overdue stadium.

The Berry Center is not just a stadium but a complex that has confrence rooms and a 10.000 seat basketball gym.Haven't seen many high schools with this no where not hating you get what you are willing to pay for period.

Saw Dayton play there.  Berry seats 11000.  Unless you rate a lot of concrete as important to your game experience, turf, scoreboard, press box and other fan facilities will be better at PNG.

This is the second thing that you said to boast your ego that the new Rez will be better than our new stadium.  It's called 'hating', which isn't a nice thing to do.  Just be happy for us, man.  Geesh.  I've already told my PN-G friends that I can't wait to go to yall new stadium this fall.

Hating?  You crack me up dude.  Not the intention.  I was pointing out that BISD can do better than Galena Park which is not a very big stadium.  PNG's stadium has some top notch features that Beaumont should look at including.  For 33 mill you should be able to afford it.  Also pointing out that the concrete cookie cutter stadiums are nice but don't make the experience any better than you'll get in Port Neches.  Congratulations on getting a long overdue stadium.

The Berry Center is not just a stadium but a complex that has confrence rooms and a 10.000 seat basketball gym.Haven't seen many high schools with this no where not hating you get what you are willing to pay for period.

Well why do you keep making it sound like we are in competition with PN-G as far as how good the stadium looks?  Anyways, like 82 was saying, just let the stadium be built right. 

Also, there's a fancy cement pond being included with the new stadium.  Many upsides to the location.  I wonder if that shrine to PN-G foozball will include adequate parking or is there still no room @the Reservation....

Oh yea, that is a nice facility, yes indeed!!!

One advantage PNG has over the BISD schools is they don't have to share a stadium. We will always have home field advantage!!!!!!!!!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Laugh now but if Beaumont ever would combine our three schools, it wouldn't be so funny to MC. It would probably make MC happy to remove us from yalls schedule. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

One advantage PNG has over the BISD schools is they don't have to share a stadium. We will always have home field advantage!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laugh now but if Beaumont ever would combine our three schools, it wouldn't be so funny to MC. It would probably make MC happy to remove us from yalls schedule. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Now, why in the world would BISD want to do that? Put all the bad eggs in one basket? It hasn't worked so well for PAISD!

Now, why in the world would BISD want to do that? Put all the bad eggs in one basket? It hasn't worked so well for PAISD!

Why not remove the bad eggs. It would be plenty to spare. And It was a hypothetical response. I Love my Jags just the way we are.

Guess we could say the same if we combined all 3 MC schools.

I know alot of y'all majored in brown-nosing down in MC but last I checked, there were only 2 high schools in so-called MidCounty.  Unless you are reaching for Hampshire-Fannett......

Guest A-TOWN

What all Indian Stadium goin have thats gonna be real nice

Didn't Forest Park benefit from a merger in 82? It would work with proper provision.So, it felled in PA but worked before in BMT.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics