AS THE WORLD TURNS...IN BC

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BC boy 17

yes that is a big difference, bcity has 8 in the bball class, while vidor has about 20 or more in theirs

I was saying there were 8 varsity players in that class, not a total of 8

Guest BCNatureBoy

Hey Crackerjack,

You're KILLING me with the Johnson photo!  Can't you at least let me draw a moustache or horns on him?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You a fan of his too? ;D ;) ;D

Nice post VP.....

MIF04 has always been a reliable source so I would think he may have some insight, it will be interesting to see if Coach Green does decide to stay in Vidor will the other coaches that applied be happy with being the "second" choice.......

Greetings all from the warm (117 degrees today) weather in Phoenix, AZ...which is quite a change from the high of 82 I was getting in Omaha.  The life of a baseball guy...

And, by the way:  ignore the time of the post.  Its only 11 p.m. out here so its not even past my bed time...yet.

First, thanks to BEARS for the compliment (I think) of being a reliable source.  As those who know me may guess, I do have some insight and information (not all of which I am at liberty to share).  Let me just say that I have followed the BC situation for some time and have these thoughts:

(1)  Kyle Green made a very good decision staying at Vidor.  It is "his" program, run "his" way.  Plus he returns some talent to the Pirates' camp for next year so its not like his cupboard is bare.  You could do a lot worse than start with Hester on the bump and work from there.  Kyle has been a lot of places in a very short time.  He's bounced around looking for success.  I think he might like the idea of staying in one place for a while.

(2)  I don't know that I like the innuendos about Chris Fackler.  I have known Chris for some time and (like most) there is some good and bad.  I think he is a pretty good baseball guy.  I don't know that I think he has the administrative side to run a HS program.  I tried to hire him once.  Actually, I did hire him for a week...but it didn't work out.  He just wasn't "available" enough to do what we needed him to do.  He went with Bobby Straface and the Big Timers (as my mother says, "You sleep with dogs, you get fleas") then left shortly thereafter with Sam Moore to start Golden Triangle Baseball.  Do I think he'd be a bad hire at BC?  Probably not.  Do I think he'd be a great hire?  Same answer.  I just don't think he's a good fit at BC.

(3)  I don't think I've made any great secret that I am a big fan of Chad Landry.  He is the kind of man, and the kind of coach, that people can get behind and support (something new, and needed, in BC).  His family is well connected, and well thought of, in local baseball circles.  I repeat a comment that I made earlier:  if he had BC's talent the past 5 years at HF, he'd have the big trophy.  BC should hire him simply because his HF team knocked out Silsbee 2 years ago in the last district game when BC's playoff position was in serious peril (think about that:  he had to get a team going nowhere ready to beat a team who had their whole season on the line).  Five years from now, this will have been the best hire in BC's athletic history.  If they go another direction, you may see even the "Billy bashers" wishing for the "good old days"...

(4)  Now, if they don't hire Landry, what does BC do?  But that's another topic for another day...and one I hope I never have to write. 

MEMO TO BRIDGE CITY:

Hire Landry.  Remind everyone that he was always on the short list from day one.  He was one of the first to be interviewed.  They felt they owed it to the community to talk to all potential hires (whether they applied or not) but it was truly a test of how they measured up against Landry.  In the end, and while they talked to a number of outstanding applicants, Landry is the best man for this job. 

And while you're at it:  give the baseball program its own booster club.  Let the moms and dads who want to run the program do something they can have direct input in:  giving funds and doing work.  Use this as an opportunity to make BC baseball great again...

Guest BCNatureBoy

I think Coach Landry will wind up with the job, maybe the BC administrators are just trying to get him ready for some of the drama he will face here in BC.

Guest tigersvoice

I think Coach Landry will wind up with the job, maybe the BC administrators are just trying to get him ready for some of the drama he will face here in BC.

Just hope the right guy gets the job.

Very profound.  Who would that be in your opinion?

Just hope the right guy gets the job.

Very profound.  Who would that be in your opinion?

Landry.

great post mif!|! you sound like a man who really knows whats going on and you definately have the right man for the job!! at first i thought to myself that chad should pull his name outta the hat like all the rest but for the simple reason of the way hes being treated  but like you stated how can you pass someone up that has been in this thing from the beginning been stepped on several times and still be on the front porch waiting for school board members and other coaches to make a decision chads a great kid his dad a great man and its really a shame the way this has been handled ill close by saying this hf will have a great chance of making the playoffs this year also with what they return and ill bet all in hf hopes he stays

The update from today includes:

Landry had a meeting with BC (2nd interview?) but no offer.  There is apparently some pressure from a limited few to pick someone else.  Hard to believe that the "same old, same old" would still be the rule of the day...

Guest BCNatureBoy

The update from today includes:

Landry had a meeting with BC (2nd interview?) but no offer.  There is apparently some pressure from a limited few to pick someone else.  Hard to believe that the "same old, same old" would still be the rule of the day...

Sounds like somebody's got their hand too far in the cookie jar.  :-[

like i said in my previous post ..let stump and harrison do their job.....the school board should have no say in this..they should just aprrove whoever stump and harrison reccomend....this whole situation is making the school district the laughing stock of the golden triangle..and that is a shame...who is the ring master of this circus anyway.....

Guest Cardinal

These folks have nothing to do on what's going on right now. Stump has told Green to take as much time as he needs to decide. Stump is out of town anyway.

These folks have nothing to do on what's going on right now. Stump has told Green to take as much time as he needs to decide. Stump is out of town anyway.

Some of these "folks" are getting pretty tired of this and remember these "folks" must approve the hiring.

well if stump told him to take as much time as he needs then he is wrong.....two or three days is more than enough time....you either want it or you dont..period...he knows the pros and cons of both jobs so it shouldnt take that long.....actually i think it is a no brainer for him..stay where he is....from reading all the post..he has pretty much the run of the mill as far as baseball is concened....where as in bridge city if you dont play the game then you have to put up with to much bull....besides i dont think green would look good in a clown suit

Ya know easynow and this also applies to alot of people on this message board...before you start popping off... try to find out the TRUTH what's going on.  Hate to bust anyone's bubble....but none of ya'll do.  There is so much stuff to it.  You just think ya'll know...but ya'll don't.

Ya know easynow and this also applies to alot of people on this message board...before you start popping off... try to find out the TRUTH what's going on.  Hate to bust anyone's bubble....but none of ya'll do.  There is so much stuff to it.  You just think ya'll know...but ya'll don't.

Bust my bubble and tell me the TRUTH.  You are correct in saying there is so much STUFF to it.  It didn't take this much time for Clarence Thomas to be approved for the Supreme Court. 

we dont have to know the whole truth ..but we do know the way it is being handled is crazy..i dont care whos in town and whos not.....they had a school board meeting last week to name a coach and they didnt...truth....which means they are waiting on somebody or something..truth...which means they need to make a decision and quit making landry or anyone else that wants the job wait..truth...which means they have handled the whole situation from letting coach bryant go to hiring a new coach absolutely unprofessional..truth...we may not know the whole truth but we know at least that much is tue

Question...why is this honestly hurting ya'll???  What is the big deal?  It's not like baseball season is starting tmo!  Is this decision affecting your paycheck or something?  Have you applied for the job?  What's the deal? Am I missing something?  ???     

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder