What should MLB do with the DH?

Should MLB make both leagues use the DH, make all pitchers hit, or keep it the same.  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Should MLB make both leagues use the DH, make all pitchers hit, or keep it the same.

• Make the AL and NL use the DH
    • No more DH, the AL and NL make all the pitchers hit
    • Keep the it same, leave it like it is.

This is the hidden content, please

I understand Hank Steinbrenners frustration since Wang is out now for 6+ weeks because he was doing something he doesnt normally do.  Unfortunately, the world doesnt revolve around Steinbrenner though (despite what he thinks).  Baseball is an athletic sport, if your pitcher gets hurt running the bases, thats unfortunate, because everyone has to bat, run the bases, and play the field in the national league.  Its part of baseball, deal with it.

Personally, i have no problem with the current system.  They could keep it the same.  But if they decided to make the league all uniform by either making a full time DH in both leagues or make the pitcher hit in both leagues, i think i'd go with making the pitchers hit.  I just think DH's should have to play the field, and i like the strategy around making the pitchers hit.  Thats probably the one part of me that is "old school" when it comes to my opinions on baseball.

i must say i like the DH, because it allows teams the opportunity to play aging superstars who can still draw the fans in at the plate, but can't really field anymore.  i'm ok with things staying the way they are, but if i were going to change something, i would rather see the DH in both leagues rather than pitchers batting in both leagues.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami