BC Scholarships

I thought the thread was about scholarships. As for your quote about no scholarship i really don't believe you will ever hear the man say that. I made the comment about him a long time ago when the questions about scholarships arose, that he got no help but he got one on his own. In this day and time most parents are sending resume's and dvd's out their jr year. If you wait till your senior year your already behind the curve no matter where you are at. 

coach bryant didnt really help anyone get a scholarship...yet always got upset when the players signed and had media there w/ out doing it his way....

quote]

You tend to leave out the most important stuff so I will finish it for you. I know of one occasion where he tried to get the athlete to wait because he already knew of another announcement being made that same day. Sure enough they did it their way and and their signing was overshadowed. So if wanting a kid to get some publicity and not have to compete with another story is bad, then his way sucks.

Sort of sounds like the story back a few years when the same coach in question tore up a scholarship handed to him by a kid and threw it in the garbage. The kicker to that is the kid was a Junior playing on the JV. Can someone tell me how a JV player in any sport gets offered a scholarship to play at a Division I school?

Great athletic talent is enhanced by coaches who can coach that type of talent, just like great coaches usually have great talent to work with.  I don't have to KNOW Bryant, but how ungrateful and blinded to just think that he had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with how BC's baseball program has performed in the last however many years. 

You know, it's Wednesday and I was under the impression that an announcement naming the new coach should have already happened, right?  Is your name in the hat?  If not, perhaps you should call the school board and tell them that you are interested because you will bring something that the program has lacked (whatever you believe that to be).  Oops, I apologize...are you on the school board... :D

I did not question his coaching abilities in my post.  Anybody that has been through Coach Bryant knows that he will tell you himself  it is not his job to get a player a scholarship and usually will end the sentence with "nobody helped me get mine."  Maybe if you would put all your energy into your own school's baseball program it may once again be something to be proud of.

Quite honestly lagnap...baseball is probably my least favorite sport and I can honestly say it is because everything about it (especially most of the parents and the politics).  As far as our baseball program, they don't have to win for me to be proud of them.  They just have to finish what they started.  I hope that Coach Rojas can get the program turned around, but if he doesn't...I'm a proud fan...win, lose, or draw. ;D

It's nice to know that WOS has parents and politics just like every other school. ;D

Oops...I suppose I mislead you.  I honestly don't know about the "politics/parents" at WO-S because my eldest son played his senior year and I was only able to make 1 or 2 games.  I was really speaking of little league, etc., etc.  Nice try though!!

coach bryant didnt really help anyone get a scholarship...yet always got upset when the players signed and had media there w/ out doing it his way....

and stang4life...if you dont like baseball then why are you in this hs baseball thread?? i think its BECAUSE of the "politics" side of it which you claim to hate the most....yet you are still here taking shots and joining the game...no pun intended.

My first reason would be...because I can be on here.  The real reason is that right is right and wrong is wrong regardless of whether I like something or not.  Let me know if you get that...ok?

yea i understand....you're a hypocrite...you call people out for continuing bashing on people and talking about politics yet you just cant let it go...and all the while you add fuel to the fire....i think that about covers it for me. 

lets call it what it is.  if you really dont like all this talk...then certainly you shouldnt be adding to it.

hypocritical

and stang4life...if you dont like baseball then why are you in this hs baseball thread?? i think its BECAUSE of the "politics" side of it which you claim to hate the most....yet you are still here taking shots and joining the game...no pun intended.

My first reason would be...because I can be on here.  The real reason is that right is right and wrong is wrong regardless of whether I like something or not.  Let me know if you get that...ok?

Stang4life is clearly jealous of BC. If a thread say's BC, she's posting on it. You should be on the WOS thread talking about the financial problems and trying to fix your own school. How'd ya'lls kids do in anything other than football? Academics? BC had the best TAKS scores in SETX, they are one of the top track, baseball, softball, cross-country, powerlifting, Math UIL, Drill team and academic programs around. There basketball program is on the rise with a great coach. Not to mention, they were a car wreck away from State in Football a couple of years ago. 94% of their kids passed the Science TAKS test, 100% the Social Studies, what was WOS scores? Go worry about your own school, I have a kid going through BC, and that is by choice, because I chose to put them in the best school in the area. Looks to me like with the academic success, the low teacher turnover, and the quality programs in place, the administration and all the "politics" in BC are providing our kids with a pretty good educational experience.

As far as whoever is lucky enough to get the BC baseball job, it's the best job around. You won't find a better group of kids, and their parents are class acts as well. BC parents are no different than any other parents, they want what's best for their kids, and they understand when someone is doing that, whether their kid is playing or not.

So now Stang4life, let's hear your jealous rebuttal. An by the way, yes, I'm actually talking good about BC on a BC thread! Wow, that's different with what you hear from all of the outsiders who have no clue what's going on. Cardinal81o7 went through BC, and I'm pretty sure he can testify what kind of educational and athletic experience it was for him, he'll triple my salary here in a couple of years, once he graduates from college.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami