Jasper or Carthage.....who wins in 2008

Jasper in a close one!! Should be a good one!

Coop, Carthage underclass was loaded with talent. They spanked Newton and Kirbyville underclass. I never heard of Carthage until we played them in 2006 and they should have went to state that year. I think Jasper better bring their "A" game if they talkin about whooping Carthage or should I say winning district. Carthage was the fastest football team I've seen all year long last year. Kirbyville played excellent defense against tons of speed Carthage was bringing on every down.

I think when it comes right down to it.  Jasper will be the one that will impress people with their speed.  With Bailiey improving vastly this summer.  (check out 7 on 7) and with the recievers he has, and with the possibility of going back to the two or three QB backfield.  I believe that Coach Brooks will have them confusing the defences of many a team. Now for the Jasper defence, I have to do a little more research. 8)

Guest etbu

From what saw of Jasper last year they have some good looking kids coming up. Would love to see them run the tables next year and take out Gilmer in the second round if Bucks make it. Ha

From what saw of Jasper last year they have some good looking kids coming up. Would love to see them run the tables next year and take out Gilmer in the second round if Bucks make it. Ha

We'll find out in Week 0 how Jasper and Gilmer match up. It's a good measuring-stick game for both teams.

With the speed and Depth that I noticed on both side of the ball for the Jasper Bulldogs, I watched some good receivers at The TCU camp this weekend from different classification, and alot of coaches was very impressed with Jasper Receivers  Spikes and Bronson(Yeah this is Malcolm Lil Brother).  I will have to copy Coop and Say  Jasper by a small margin.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest etbu

Carthage just got done playing in the Marshall seven on seven and they looked pretty good. They won the league and have some good skill people.

This may have nothing to do with anything, but Jasper did make one more round at the state 7 on 7 this week than Carthage.  And Jasper also managed to beat tourny favorite Brownwood and its Div I loaded team.  No question, Carthage will be good.  But Jasper will have its chances.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont