2008 MLB Draft this Week!!!

Any area talent draft talks  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Any area talent draft talks

• area talent maybe geting drafted?
    • anyone

Im willing to bet bronson gets drafted late in the draft.

He certainly has been being scouted for some reason.  Being scouted is no guarantee of being drafted, but I would like to think he has a chance...    :)  But the fact that he has signed a college football scholarship may work against him.

Although I havn't followed the draft in a few yrs I wouldn't say it would 'work' against him but I would say most all players drafted have signed with someone. I do know for a fact before the end of 'draft n follow' rule the school selected does matter to some teams on rnd selection. 

signing with a college has no bearing on being drafted high/low or at all.....if a kid signs in the fall which most of the better D1 signees do, scouts know right then anyways that hey are going to go to school.....seldom do you get enough money out of highschool to sign anyways so it has no bearing at all....sometimes teams tell kids go to juco or this certain school and get polished for an year and then we'll pick you up and things like that

So what your saying is signing with a college has no bearing on round selected or $$$....BS, its called bargaining power. What your saying is you take boys of the same talent level with one being a graduating senior in college and another comming out of HS that has signed a letter with ??, or a second yr JUCO player who has also signed with a D1, or a Jr in a D1. The first player will go in the higher rnds simply because the graduating college player has no where to go (no bargaining power), therefore he will go in the higher rnds and offered less or go home unlike the others who still has eligibility left (bargaining power). 

Having a college scholarship lined up enters into drafting decisions at least for some.  Last year LE had a player projected to be drafted early in the first round.  His mother told me that Boston called them before their pick in each round asking for a commitment to sign.  Each time they refused to commit.  Finally, in the fifth round, Boston drafted him anyway.  He eventually signed.  Boston must have come up with the big bucks they were talking.

Guest bballdude

Bronson probably has a good chance of being taken in the draft he hit on Minute Maid along with the other top 24 prospects for the stro's

Having a college scholarship lined up enters into drafting decisions at least for some.  Last year LE had a player projected to be drafted early in the first round.  His mother told me that Boston called them before their pick in each round asking for a commitment to sign.  Each time they refused to commit.  Finally, in the fifth round, Boston drafted him anyway.  He eventually signed.  Boston must have come up with the big bucks they were talking.

If he was projected to go in the first rnd someone would have picked him up before the fifth, and no way he's taken in the 5th and get 1st rnd $$, I dont think even Scott Boras could get 1st rnd money for a player taken in the 3rd much less the 5th. Someones got their wires crossed on this story no dought. You can look up what exactly he signed for on the web, I cant remember what site but its for sure there, mite check Baseball America.

If he was projected to go in the first rnd someone would have picked him up before the fifth, and no way he's taken in the 5th and get 1st rnd $$, I dont think even Scott Boras could get 1st rnd money for a player taken in the 3rd much less the 5th. Someones got their wires crossed on this story no dought. You can look up what exactly he signed for on the web, I cant remember what site but its for sure there, mite check Baseball America.

Is this the guy

This is the hidden content, please

After day 1 (1st 7 rounds): 

Trey Haley (Nac Central Heights) in 2nd round to Cleveland Indians.

Brent Marshall (Bay Sterling) in 7th round to NY Yankees.

Rounds 8 to the end begin this morning.  Follow at www.mlb.com on their draft tracker.

Is this the guy

This is the hidden content, please

That's the guy.  I don't know.  Is a Signing Bonus of $925,000 "normal" for the fifth round?

He reportedly throws in the mid-nineties.

Malcolm Bronson (Jasper) in 11th round to Royals

Hunter Cervenka (Bay Sterling) in 27th round to Red Sox

FYI:  last year, Carmen Angelini (SS- Lake Charles Barbe) went in 10th round to NY Yankees but signed...when he was paid at or near 1st round money.  He had also committed to Rice.

Malcolm Bronson (Jasper) in 11th round to Royals

Hunter Cervenka (Bay Sterling) in 27th round to Red Sox

FYI:  last year, Carmen Angelini (SS- Lake Charles Barbe) went in 10th round to NY Yankees but signed...when he was paid at or near 1st round money.  He had also committed to Rice.

My son and I were talking about the LC boy and son comitted he must either be a 2 sport player or signed with a major D1, so it was the later.. Congrats to all the above named hopefully we'll see a few more...Glad to see Tim E from HJ

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83