How good will Nederland be next year?

Guest Penny

Texas, where are you going with this.  I said heck yeah everyone knows Hammond is the best player by and far, my quote was most good coaches can pick the stud as he walks off the bus.  Your point earlier was that because he scored so much in the early going and he was touted so highly, it screwed up the district race as coaches aimed to shut him down.  That's the silly part, the kid is good, no matter how it rolls, teams will aim to shut him down.

Another great answer Penny. I believe everyone here will agree Coach English is a "good coach". Is this how Nederland plan their games? English watches the team get off the bus, sizes up all their studs and then before tipoff draws up a game plan? Could explain a lot. I guess that's why we lose a lot of road games, coaches can't watch the other team get off the bus because they are already in the gym. Or maybe the other coaches are watching us get off the bus.

I will be more than happy to answer your question about where I am going with this if you will explain to me why you said the team had problems with 1.Not playing team ball.

2.Not playing defense for each other.

3. Not hustleing after loose balls.

4.Not playing unselfishly. To the point it hurts the team.

5.You accused this group of not having the capasity to

play for anyone else if they could not win here.

6. You were uncertain if they would improve.

You must have had a very good reason for writing this, I am not buying your first answer.

We all want the team to continue to improve and am a bit disappointed in our end of district record this past season. But I have never been as hard on this group of players as you have.

And I will disagree with you on your idea that a couple of players that started when they were sophmores were suppose to be the "turn around" for the Nederland basketball program. What did we hire a new coach for if the kids were the ones in charge anyway? You are putting way to much pressure of the players and very little on the coaches.

Please tell me you are not Coach English's mom.

• 2 weeks later...

Nederland has a legit chance to compete for a spot in the place offs as there will be four teams.  Lets not get it to twisted though.....it will be Ozen and Central at the top.  Who ever made the comment about Nederland almost getting central..... please you all lost by 25 at Central and was down 20 the first two minutes of the game at your place.  if it had not been for the coaches, poor decision making they would have beat you by thirty at you all's place.  Nederland are stealin some athletes from PA,  However I don't think E.  is used to coach black kids.  It is different!!!!  got to turne them a loose!!

Nederland has a legit chance to compete for a spot in the place offs as there will be four teams.  Lets not get it to twisted though.....it will be Ozen and Central at the top.  Who ever made the comment about Nederland almost getting central..... please you all lost by 25 at Central and was down 20 the first two minutes of the game at your place.  if it had not been for the coaches, poor decision making they would have beat you by thirty at you all's place.  Nederland are stealin some athletes from PA,  However I don't think E.  is used to coach black kids.  It is different!!!!  got to turne them a loose!!

The problem with turning "loose" your horses is that you have to wait on the nags to catch up.  It just slows your whole system down.

• 2 weeks later...

it took english at least 4 yrs. to get vidor to the playoffs?before english vidor basketball was a joke.just like nederland was.give him time to set up his program. is this about ned. chances to make the playoffs or vidor beating ned. has vidor made the playoffs since english left? how good is robertson,he gets his team up for ned. but what about the other teams in the district? what has 4-0 against ned. gotten vidor?until teams can play up to ozen & centrals level just making the playoffs is about the only goal to shoot for.good luck vidor,ned., livingston,lcm,png & lumberton trying to catch up to the 2 bmt. programs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami