Top Quarterback's In The Area This Year?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good posts, Hypolite did have trouble with the longer passes but I hear that is going to be much better this year.  If the guy had a weakness that was it, he should be much improved, plus he can afford some near misses, the guys going to get em are awesome and will make up for some of those errant throws.

Good posts, Hypolite did have trouble with the longer passes but I hear that is going to be much better this year.  If the guy had a weakness that was it, he should be much improved, plus he can afford some near misses, the guys going to get em are awesome and will make up for some of those errant throws.

Thats good to hear.To be fair though,timing is not just on the qb.There are other factors to be considered that makes those kind of passes work.I didn't mean for my earlier post to imply it was totally the qb fault.

Guest EagleFan01

Newton's Jr starting QB is really good and has an outstanding arm... He is probably one of the best qb's newton has ever had... If Newton's offensive line can keep him upright he can pick a defense apart especially with all the receivers and backs we have this season..

2nd year of the new spread offense takes the field this year at Nederland and Kirby Bellows has many weapons to throw to. I say the kid throws for over 3000 yards, heck my daughters could throw for 2000 with the wideouts Nederland has this year. Seriously, look for Bellows to put up huge numbers.

I'm just amazed how ya'll think Ned will be that much better, better sure but best in the area or region???

I never said we were the best in the area or region, heck I just think Bellows in one of the best in the area and will throw for huge numbers. Nederland has to show up with a defense to be called the best in the area, if they do, then yes, I think they can be the best in the area and region. Back to this post topic, Asa was one of the leading recievers in the state last year, Kirby was one of the leading passers in the state last year, with the experience coming back, barring injury, Nederland will put up huge numbers, if their defense shows up who knows how good or far they will go.

Guest dawg4life

not taking anything away from any of the real good qbs that are in this area.............but for those who are stats kind of people...........do the math and is easy to see that Dominque Bailey here in Jasper with speed in the backfield and a real good group of receivers to help him along with experience and knowledge gained at the position. Will easily be among the top performers in 2008.

2007 stats are as follows(keep in mind these totals are from only 6 games...he started the season playing wide receiver)

RUSHING: 140 carries for 1,125 yds  22 TDs

PASSING  44 completions on 86 attempts 1,025 yds,  12TDs to only 3 INTS.

34 total touchdowns accounted for in 6 games is awesome!!

what returning qb in the area even come close these stats  through only six games???   for most this would be good season stats!!

Huge turnaround, heck the kid threw for almost 1900 yards in just 9 games last year. The only thing concerning huge turnaround will be the defenders turning around saying, where'd he go...... :o :o :o

10 game regular season, minimum two games deep in playoffs, over 3000 yards easy....

nederland will be a lot better i think. i do love how you said he threw for 1900 yards in just 9 games.. what was the extra 10th game going to do? lol 2100 yards? lol

Guest Indian Chief

Dayton has the best QB Cody Green and the best WR AJ Dugat in the area.  Cody was 15 for 22 for 270 yards at the half and AJ had 11 catches for 212 yards at the half.  This was against a good defense with speed at WOS.

I agree!

seen both of the kids play both are  very good i must say that. cody green is cool under presser saw that agan last night,and for bailey kid  he must learn to stay cool that is what  coach brooks is looking for in this young man. bailey has speed to burn i must say that and thats a big time speed ,but i must go with cody at this point and time time will tell

Dayton has the best QB Cody Green and the best WR AJ Dugat in the area.  Cody was 15 for 22 for 270 yards at the half and AJ had 11 catches for 212 yards at the half.  This was against a good defense with speed at WOS.

Curious.  How many points did Green and team score against WOS? 

Bailey threw and ran for 3 TDs, and 21 points total against WOS last year.  I think this was the most points given up by WOS in a game all year.  And I think that was in Bailey's first or second start at QB.  Green is good no doubt, but Bailey is something special also.

2nd year of the new spread offense takes the field this year at Nederland and Kirby Bellows has many weapons to throw to. I say the kid throws for over 3000 yards, heck my daughters could throw for 2000 with the wideouts Nederland has this year. Seriously, look for Bellows to put up huge numbers.

Just look at the Dayton Bronco highlights from last year....

Good luck to Kirby, but against a speedy defense that can jam the receivers, Kirby will have difficulties.

Bailey threw and ran for 3 TDs, and 21 points total against WOS last year.  I think this was the most points given up by WOS in a game all year.  And I think that was in Bailey's first or second start at QB.  Green is good no doubt, but Bailey is something special also.

Not only did Cody have 270 (I believe the official count was 280 yards) passing, he also ran for at least 50 yards with one TD.

If not for a blown block on a play that AJ was rambling down the field, Cody and AJ would have scored 21 points by the middle of the 2nd quarter.

Dayton's offense racked up over 300 yards in a half against a very speedy WOS defense.

I wouldn't want to be the defensive coordinator responsible for slowing up the Broncos this year.

I doubt there is a d back in this area that can shut down AJ, and if you double team AJ, the Broncos still have other threats.

Huge turnaround, heck the kid threw for almost 1900 yards in just 9 games last year. The only thing concerning huge turnaround will be the defenders turning around saying, where'd he go...... :o :o :o

10 game regular season, minimum two games deep in playoffs, over 3000 yards easy....

nederland will be a lot better i think. i do love how you said he threw for 1900 yards in just 9 games.. what was the extra 10th game going to do? lol 2100 yards? lol

very good math, at least you are learning something while on this topic, so let's say he did get the 2100 yards in 10, now stay with me here, that would be a 210 yd. a game average, go 12 games deep in a season, and that is slightly over 2500 yards, I'm simply saying, one years experience is worth another 41 yards a game, so easy 3000. Experience will more than make up for one game against Dayton, and I too am a huge Cody Green fan, very special talent...

Cody threw for 1 td, ran for 1 and the rb scored the third td in that half. cody was 15 for 22 with 270 yds passing in the 1st half. IMO, i'd put my money on green as the best QB. Bailey sounds like a tremendous athlete though to do that against WOS in midseason.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder