*PN-G vs. Lamar Consol Game 2/3/PN-G Wins Game 2/LC Advances In Game 3!*

Believe an LC player turned around and told the Ump what to do!

Sounds like the same kind of sportsmanship that the football team had.  It must be an entire school district thing.

Don't know about football PNG Proud, but I can definitely attest to their baseball team.  Unfortunately, there were several players on LC team that were not very good sports.  The reason #2  was tossed during the first game was because he had a third called strike and turned around to the ump and said something to the tune of thats bull.....!  Also, unfortunately, their coach left a lot to be desired, so I guess that some learned from their coach.

By the way, this doesn't have anything to do with us losing the last game.  Our bats woke up a little to late in the second game but I couldn't have been prouder of our PNG players.  It was tough on our seniors because thats when reality sets in and you realize that you go on to the next step and leave childhood friends behind.

I would like to take this opportunity to commend my son Jon, for the effort he put forth all year, but specifically in this last series.  He was 6 for 8 with several through downs for key outs.  Catching back to back games is tireing, but he never gave up.  I'm sorry if I'm tooting his horn, but he is such a good kid, I think he deserves a little recognition.

To the other players on the PNG team, it has been a pleasure playing together and may the underclassmen take what they learned from the senior leadership and go forth and have fun playing the game you love!

Believe an LC player turned around and told the Ump what to do!

Sounds like the same kind of sportsmanship that the football team had.  It must be an entire school district thing.

I was at game # 1 and have to say I was surprised by the lack of sportsmanship by the LC team. Obviously, not all of them. I've had a chance to get to know a couple of them and they are good kids. We ( BH) beat them in the Area round last year and they were one of the classiest teams we played. This is interesting because this is the 1st year for their head coach. Last year's coach took the Elkins job and had a great year.. Just my two cents. 

I definitely think that the kids on this team reflect their new coach. I want to be careful in my choice of words, but you had to witness the three games to really see what kind of sportsmanship this guy teaches. The LC kids (and parents) were yelling directly at the PN-G players AND COACHES. The LC head coach complained to the umpire for throwing out a kid for arguing balls and strikes. After being told what was said, I can't believe that they let him play in the second game. I witnessed the PN-G/LC football game and now the baseball series and both programs showed a true lack of class. I spoke with the AD at LC and do know that many PN-G fans sent letters and e-mails following the football game and to his credit, he did call and issue personal apologies to all that he could find contacts for. It amazes me at how a team and fanbase can reflect a coach's actions and discipline. It was really sad. Go Brenham !

It is sad. I am one of the LC parents and I apologize if my anger at the plate umpire in game 2 seemed as a shot at anyone from PNG. We all hear different stories as to what went down at the plate. Who knows what was said. We heard the letters b.s. were used. Not the actual words. Regardless, the batter shouldn't have said anything.Yes we were mad he got kicked out, but don't you think #5 should have gotten the same treatment in game 1 for a blatant slide into the shortstop. That is why both players were called out. I'm sure that is what spilled over to the next game when our player got tossed.In our way of thinking, should an umpire that shakes hands with the opposing teams players before game 1 and puts his finger to his lips to tell someone in the stands to shush it, should be allowed to call a game behind the plate in game 2. Even the camera man, who we don't have a clue who he is, said he has never seen such a one sided game in all of his years of filming high school games. I agree a lot of the things I heard from our side of the field we childish and uncalled for. Here our 3 items you may not be aware of. Game 1 - When the shortstop was taken out in game 1, I heard one of the moms from PNG say, I don't know what the big deal is, he should have gotten out of the way.REAL CLASSY. Game 3 - The starting pitchers mom in game 3 threw her drink on the father of the boy who led off the game with a homerun. REAL CLASSY.  Now that I have that off of my chest, I just want to say you have one heck of a good baseball team. You have some very talented players coming back and some young and great pitchers. The seniors you are losing will do great in college ball. I hope we meet again next year and it will become a rivalry, but not a bitter one.My son pitched game 1 and if you know of anything he said or did I would like to know because he knows I won't tolerate it.By the way, #8's mom is one heck of a great lady.She went out of her way to look up my son between games 2&3 to talk to him. You probably won't see that too often. Once again I apoligize if I offended anyone but remember to stop and listen to what comes from your own side of the field sometime and realize what may sound funny to you, may actually be a slam against your opponent. Good luck in the future and GOD BLESS.

Guest vpirate

I know it's alittle late but just wanted to say congratulations to PNG for a great season.  We enjoyed the little rivalry we had with you guys this year.  Two pretty good ball games.

To E. Harrington, you were a real pain!.. Do you ever get tired?  All kidding aside, you're a great player..  Good luck too you..

It is sad. I am one of the LC parents and I apologize if my anger at the plate umpire in game 2 seemed as a shot at anyone from PNG. We all hear different stories as to what went down at the plate. Who knows what was said. We heard the letters b.s. were used. Not the actual words. Regardless, the batter shouldn't have said anything.Yes we were mad he got kicked out, but don't you think #5 should have gotten the same treatment in game 1 for a blatant slide into the shortstop. That is why both players were called out. I'm sure that is what spilled over to the next game when our player got tossed.In our way of thinking, should an umpire that shakes hands with the opposing teams players before game 1 and puts his finger to his lips to tell someone in the stands to shush it, should be allowed to call a game behind the plate in game 2. Even the camera man, who we don't have a clue who he is, said he has never seen such a one sided game in all of his years of filming high school games. I agree a lot of the things I heard from our side of the field we childish and uncalled for. Here our 3 items you may not be aware of. Game 1 - When the shortstop was taken out in game 1, I heard one of the moms from PNG say, I don't know what the big deal is, he should have gotten out of the way.REAL CLASSY. Game 3 - The starting pitchers mom in game 3 threw her drink on the father of the boy who led off the game with a homerun. REAL CLASSY.  Now that I have that off of my chest, I just want to say you have one heck of a good baseball team. You have some very talented players coming back and some young and great pitchers. The seniors you are losing will do great in college ball. I hope we meet again next year and it will become a rivalry, but not a bitter one.My son pitched game 1 and if you know of anything he said or did I would like to know because he knows I won't tolerate it.By the way, #8's mom is one heck of a great lady.She went out of her way to look up my son between games 2&3 to talk to him. You probably won't see that too often. Once again I apoligize if I offended anyone but remember to stop and listen to what comes from your own side of the field sometime and realize what may sound funny to you, may actually be a slam against your opponent. Good luck in the future and GOD BLESS.

Very nice post.....very classy.

Your son pitched one heck of a game and had a great season...very bright future. You are right about #8's mom....She and her son are the real deal. Best of luck to you guys.

Thanks for the reply. First I would like to say your son is a fantastic pitcher. I look forward to seeing him again in his senior season. I spoke to our AD/ head football coach Matt Burnett because he was approached about the incident with the drink. The story relayed to me was that the group of fathers in the immediate vicinity of the incident had been yelling directly at Harrington in Game 1, and were making derogatory comments directed at Mitch Todd in Game 3, commenting on his physique and other tasteless things. She confronted the man and told him that he needed to support his OWN players and not direct verbal jabs at these kids. THAT BEING SAID, the dumping of the drink was embarrassing to say the least. There is no place for that type of behavior on either side. About the slide, I can assure you that Kane Benoit (#5) was not trying to maliciously hurt anyone. Was he trying to break up a double play ? Yes. Could he have been kicked out of the game for the slide ? Yes. Did he slide with the intent to hurt the LC player ? No. I think each side had disagreements with umpires and that happens all the time. I think the most disturbing thing to me is some of the actions of the kids and the lack of discipline from your coach. How many times did that guy stop the ballgame for prolonged periods of time to complain ? He probably should have been sitting next to #2 in Game 2. I know for a fact that one of the kids was yelling and harrassing our first base coach during the ballgame with your head coach standing TWO FEET AWAY !!! A pitcher (#4) that had just been roughed up in the 11-1 game, stood in front of the PN-G stands taunting the fans after the homerun to start Game 3. I never saw him approached or reprimanded. According to coaches and players on the field it was CONSTANT chatter and comments throughout all three games and the PN-G kids were threatened by Coach Stone if they retaliated and opened their mouths. This is unfortunate. I've seen throughout the year how the parents in the stands act, but usually the kids on the field are the most sensible. I think there is a good chance that we could meet again next year and hopefully both fan bases will show better behavior. Good Luck to Brady and his bright future. Take Care and God Bless.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder