BC or Jasper/Site Set..1 Game Series!

Who will win  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win

• BC
    • Jasper

Someone post the starting lineups of Jasper and Bridge City in their last game and batting order.

you did mean bc vs. jasper's last meeting right? Cause that is what that is

Sorry Gabe, BC's last game with Needville and Jasper's with Bellville .

Well hopefully someone finds it interesting  ;)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Orangeboy

HUGE underdogs, BC should start looking ahead to the next series.  Getting ready for the next team 8)

Somebody needs to get this guy off the crack!

Guest bballdude

You know i heard all of the jasper teams gloves were stolen. and the only gloves available are oppisite handed. So yea BC def. needs to start thinkin about the next series.

You know i heard all of the jasper teams gloves were stolen. and the only gloves available are oppisite handed. So yea BC def. needs to start thinkin about the next series.

and i heard that Coach might move catcher to pitch, and Parsons to catch.  now what chance do you think we have with a left-handed catcher?  ::):o

Guest bballdude

Oh my its quiet an informative night because i was just told our dawgs will be using t-ball bats on a count of we spent all our money buying all the new gloves. :o

This year BC beats Jasper twice by one run each game (games that could have easily went either way), wins district, beats Needville in 3, then turns around and there is Jasper again....You gotta believe BC is not liking this one game deal too much.  Has the momentum already shifted in Jasper's favor without even starting this upcoming playoff game? 

Guest BCNatureBoy

This year BC beats Jasper twice by one run each game (games that could have easily went either way), wins district, beats Needville in 3, then turns around and there is Jasper again....You gotta believe BC is not liking this one game deal too much.  Has the momentum already shifted in Jasper's favor without even starting this upcoming playoff game? 

I guarantee the BC boys ain't scared. They will beat the Dawgs in one and make them like it.

I guarantee the BC boys ain't scared. They will beat the Dawgs in one and make them like it.

The stars are aligning themselves...  Or is that Mixon aligning those stars?

Ok this is what I heard, let me know if you heard this also J-dog.  the entire Jasper team will be eating a full waffle, eggs, bacon, sausage, grits, hash browns, ham, coffee, milk , sausage gravey and butter milk rolls dinner, at the Dan Hooks Waffle house in orange right before the game. ;)

yes, i heard that, but now you have ruined it.  Dogs can't eat where BC knows where they are.  all those bc gurls would be all over our boys.  shame on you for spilling the grits.  now dogs have no chance at all.  >:(

Cards, Dogs to meet in Nederland

Gabriel Pruett

The Orange Leader

BRIDGE CITY — The series everyone in Bridge City and Jasper has been waiting for all baseball season long will actually come down to one game.

The Bulldogs won a coin flip and took a one-game, winner take all format with the Cardinals.

The game will be at 7:30 p.m. Friday in Nederland, a site chosen by Bridge City Coach Billy Bryant.

The hype for this season’s match-up of the Cardinals and Bulldogs started just a few moments after Jasper’s win in Game 3 against Bridge City a year ago in the regional finals.

Bridge City won the two district games this season, 4-3 and 7-6, on its way to a 13-1 mark in 21-3A and a district title.

While Matt Hicks got both wins on the mound, timely hitting also came into play for the Cardinals.

Blake Hubbard had the game-winning hit in the bottom of the seventh in the first game and Blake Snyder had the go-ahead homer in the top of the fifth in the second victory.

Bryant now expects the same kind of games on Friday with more at stake.

“Our district race was tough and both games with Jasper had playoff atmospheres,†Bryant said. “There will be a lot more people at these games and it will come down to which team plays the best that particular day. The main thing those two wins did was give our kids confidence. We have six first-year starters so for them to succeed in those games will help them play better in the playoffs against those guys.â€

Jasper got out of the bi-district round with a 13-3 win over Tarkington and then took down Bellville in two games, 7-5 and 13-2.

“In a series like this it always starts with hoping your pitching has a good night,†Bryant added. “Jasper already gets three outs so we can’t make errors and give them say five outs. We will also need more timely hitting.â€

The Cardinals are coming off a three-game series win against the Needville Blue Jays.

Bridge City lost Game 1, 2-1, only to win Games 2 and 3, 8-1 and 9-3.

The Cardinals got 36 strike outs from pitchers Matt Hicks, Jason Clark and Jaden Dillon who all threw complete games.

Sophomore Joe Robertson knows the Cardinals will need more solid pitching on Friday to beat the Bulldogs.

“Everyone is pretty excited to be playing those guys again,†Robertson said. “It really doesn’t matter to us if it is one game or three games. It should be a great pitcher’s dual and we just got to get some hits and runs behind our pitcher. I think we can do it.â€

Bryant also seems some positives in playing just one game instead of needing two wins to advance.

“I prefer two out of three but the rules are if you disagree you go to a coin flip,†Bryant added. “Now we are going to take what we have and make it into a positive. The positive is if you win one game you move on and don’t have to worry about winning another one.â€

The Needville series also proved to Bryant his team is willing to do anything to win when their backs are to the wall.

“Needville showed there was a desire to keep finding ways to win,†Bryant said. “Some people think winning is easy but it always isn’t that way. The way we have to score runs at some points is not always pretty. We have to continue to get pitching performances like we did this past weekend to make things a lot easier. That series was one of the best pitching performances I have ever seen in a three-game series.â€

The winner of the Bridge City/Jasper series will take on either Carthage or Hutto next week in the regional semi-finals.

Everyone seems to think that the winner of this game will play Carthage. I actually think that Hutto will win that series. Carthage is not as dominate as they were last year. Hutto has been winning games and ranked high all year. Gonna be a great next couple of weeks to decide this region. Also the 3A state games will be held at Disch Faulk not Round Rock. Astro Turf at DF can be fun cause teams are not used to it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami