90 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win

• BC
    • Jasper

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 game in Nederland Friday night let the debate begin!   

how many pancakes did the coaches eat before they decided that?   ;D

I like best of three, but at least this way we get it over with fast.  One way or the other.  

Guest Orangeboy

im assuming jasper won the toss but why did they choose nederland???

maybe the coaches did a trade-out on issues.

You flip on everything.

Not if you agree.

Before we know the site and amount of games, what are the coaches thinking if one game?

In Coach Bryant's strategy, does he start Hicks, take him off SS, are go with Clark or Dillon?

How about Coach Mixon, is Parson's the man in a 1 gamer?

Jaden Dillon had great success on Nederland's field this year.  Great hamburgers, Mr. Benoit  and the best ice in the area.

Someone tell me about Nederland's field? I haven't been there in a couple of years. How deep is it? How good of shape is it in?

Wind blows in 90% of time. Down the lines 315, CF 375. It takes a shot to get it out of Nederland's field. Depending on game time, tough sun at 3B and LF if you start at 6pm. 

Coop says Jasper is home team which is sun on 3B side.

Wow...

First, great location.  Nederland's field is a great HS field and the people down there are 'baseball' people.  Good pick by Coach Bryant.

Second, a one gamer.  Usually, when you pick one game, that means you are the 'weaker' team.  I am not buying it here.  I think this is just Coach Mixon trying to put a little pressure BC's way.  Also, note that Jasper is the home team.  In a close game, that is an advantage.

Third, BC has gotta throw Hicks.  He's their ace and you never want to face elimination without throwing your #1.  I would expect Parsons for Jasper.  Jasper will try to put a lot of pressure on early.  They'll bunt, run, etc.

Last, get there early.  I expect it to be packed Friday night.  

I am really surprised at the one game pick!  I would've thought that both would want the best of 3.  I just hope BC has the advantage since they have beaten Jasper both times this season.  I hate 1 game series!!!!!  This one should be the game of the year!  Good luck to both teams and I hope my Cards pull it out!

That was good strategy on the part of the Jasper coaching--via the coin toss.  In three games BC would have prevailed;  this gives the Bulldogs a chance even though they had two losses to BC in regular season.

One games, unless mutually agreed upon, ought to be outlawed in the playoffs in my opinion.

Well, everyone knows BC is loaded and Jasper is just trying to hang in  there. Jasper has pitching woes with Parsons trying to stay focused for a whole game and Stephenson not able to get it together after his problems. Is it going to be pitching for BC or hitting for Jasper ? Good Luck

That was good strategy on the part of the Jasper coaching--via the coin toss.  In three games BC would have prevailed;  this gives the Bulldogs a chance even though they had two losses to BC in regular season.

One games, unless mutually agreed upon, ought to outlawed in the playoffs in my opinion.

I agree I think this was Jasper's best shot at prevailing.  Jasper's pitching just isn't quite as good as I thought it would be at this point, but they are solid defensively and at the plate so I think this gives them the best chance to prevail.  I think that had this been HJ they would have gone for a 3 game series.  BC seems to be quite a bit deeper on the mound this year than anyone else in the district.  

Eventually Jasper will have to play more than one game in a series if they want to get to state again.  One game playoffs increase the chances of a weaker team continuing to the next level, only to be blown away by the team  with stronger pitching.  HJ has more pitching than Jasper right now. 

One games, unless mutually agreed upon, ought to outlawed in the playoffs in my opinion.

I sure hope the strategy backfires! ;D  BC can do this in one, I believe, but the three game gives you a little bit of cushion!  And you are right, they should all be three game series!

sounds to me like some people are worried that BC cant take care of buisness in 1 game!!! I think jasper was very smart with going with one game! That forces them to pitch there ace which is coming off a lose! It will also be Jasper 3rd time to see him this year!!! but over all i think it will be a close game!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami