Rockets next season.

Stay healthy is the key to their success if they want to be good next year.They finnaly found there Power forward we been looking for years in Scola & Landry. They just need another scorer somebody like Mike Miller From the Grizzlies. I dont think Bobby jackson will be back with Francis hopefully taking the backup PG position. They need a backup center, and just more scorers. Luther head hasent really been all that great lately. I think the focus will be more outside shooters in the offseason.

With Deke possibly retireing next year, we need to grab a legitimate  back up center.  I think we have shooters.  Novak needs more PT.  Our key guys have to find a way to stay healthy.

Yeah u are right about Novak I think he whent 3 for 3 at the 3 point line against Utah. We have just about all the pieces. STAY HEALTHY IS THE KEY

NO they need to trade Yoa he is an injury prone 7'5 center who actually faded in playoffs more than T - mac .He's one of the best centers in the league when healthy but not dominate. Dwight Howard would be a welcomed addition

What are you talking about?  He is the BEST center in the league.  He is our franchise player.  He faded in the playoffs because he DIDN'T PLAY.  Yao actually shows up in the playoffs. 

Novak can shoot, but he couldn't defend a one armed midget!

Scola needs to work on finishing strong in the paint...

Landry needs to find a way to get more time on the court! I love watching him play.

The problem with the Rockets was the old NBA offense....  1 on 1 while 4 watch...  When players hit, they look great.... when shoots don't fall, it gets ugly quick!

For one Yao needs to stay and stay healthy. (The Rockets don't play one on one ball and if you thinks so you don't know basketball)

Second we would be great if we would have kept Rudy Gaye and Stromile Swift instead of trading for Battier... but that is another story.

So the true second is getting a big guard or small forward that can give valuable minutes and be able to score.

Third we need one big (6'10" or bigger) athletic body in the middle off the bench.  He doesn't need to be a TRUE Center... It is only about 9 significant TRUE centers in the league and we have one of them. And Shaq may be insignificant!

So if you see what I mean we are looking for an impact 6th man and front court intimidation on defense.

NO they need to trade Yoa he is an injury prone 7'5 center who actually faded in playoffs more than T - mac .He's one of the best centers in the league when healthy but not dominate. Dwight Howard would be a welcomed addition

What are you talking about?  He is the BEST center in the league.  He is our franchise player.  He faded in the playoffs because he DIDN'T PLAY.  Yao actually shows up in the playoffs. 

Yoa a franchise player who's hurt the majoity of the time doesn't matter how skilled he is if he doesn't stay on the court . With yoa getting older injuries will be ore frequent and exactly what playoff series has he dominated?

Yoa a franchise player who's hurt the majoity of the time doesn't matter how skilled he is if he doesn't stay on the court . With yoa getting older injuries will be ore frequent and exactly what playoff series has he dominated?

Year  Team  G  GS  MPG  FG%  3P%  FT%  OFF  DEF  RPG  APG  SPG  BPG  TO  PF  PPG

06-07  HOU  7  7  37.1  0.440  0.000    0.880  3.3  7.0  10.3  0.9  0.1  0.7  4.71  3.90  25.1

This is his last 7 playoffs games.  Impressive numbers if you ask me.

Dwight howard comign to the Rockets? HELL NO that wont happen. The rockets would be called the most stupid team ever in the Nba if they trade Yao.

Second we would be great if we would have kept Rudy Gaye and Stromile Swift instead of trading for Battier... but that is another story.

Battier is arguabaly the best defender in the NBA. He guards the big guns like Kobe and Lebron we need that kind of defender. And Swift sucks.

Rockets just need another playmaker to come off the bench. somebody who can not only shoot just 3's but can drive to the basket and create his own plays...

Dwight howard comign to the Rockets? heck NO that wont happen. The rockets would be called the most stupid team ever in the Nba if they trade Yao.

Battier is arguabaly the best defender in the NBA. He guards the big guns like Kobe and Lebron we need that kind of defender. And Swift sucks.

Rockets just need another playmaker to come off the bench. somebody who can not only shoot just 3's but can drive to the basket and create his own plays...

Gaye was a rookie... He was there for the molding. He is a 6'9" long guy who has all the tools to be a great defender, i.e long arms, way more athletic than Battier, good lateral quickness, and sick hops! The problem with the Rockets this year wasn't defense. They played great TEAM D. Not indivisual D. And Gaye is not a BAD defensive player. The thing that hurt the Rockets was lack of scoring and just look at Gayes Stats.

FG% FT % REB STL BLK A PTS

Gaye .46 .79 6.2 1.37 .98 2 20.1

Battier .43 .74 5.1 .96 1.13 1.9 9.3

Remember Gaye shoots more and has better percentages, He!! he has better percentages than T-Mac. He is not a jacker! He shot 600 more shots and 200 more free throws than Battier. Blocks and steals offset. Gaye is a better rebounder and scorer. Only a fool would take Battier over Gaye.

The other issue for the Rockets was Athleticism. True they groomed 6'7" Carl Landry and 6'6" Chuck Hayes to play back-up power forward, but they had no back-up center beside Mutombo who is at the end of his career. The on thing that Swift could do was come off the bench and block shots and just be a presence. He is 6'10" athlete off the bench who could have played back-up center too. And he always could score in spirts.

Remember the knock on the Rockets was athleticism and size off the bench. Looks like that would not be an issue for these two guys. And Gaye by far is a better started than Battier.

When Yao went down the Starting line-up would have been.

Swift

Scola

Gaye

T-MAc

Alston

Which is way stronger than

Mutombo for hopefully 20 mins.

Scola

Battier

T-Mac

Alston

Did you watch the Rockets play 3 years ago when swift was on the team he is not good he bobbles the ball he acts like he dont know what he is doing on the court if you look his highlights on youtube only thing good about him he can Dunk and thats it.

Well no crap Rudy Gay has better percentages  who else on the 22-60 Grizzlies can score? Mike Miller? thats two. Battier guards the best players on the court. So T-mac wont get wear down on D  and click this link and tell me how good Battier is on D------http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=148217

The atleticsim is there we have all the pieces. Its just Yao and Rafar went down. We just need one more playmaker. We have our Power forwards. Rockets sign C Loren woods earlier this season. He is going to be the back up to  Yao

Did you watch the Rockets play 3 years ago when swift was on the team he is not good he bobbles the ball he acts like he dont know what he is doing on the court if you look his highlights on youtube only thing good about him he can Dunk and thats it.

Well no crap Rudy Gay has better percentages  who else on the 22-60 Grizzlies can score? Mike Miller? thats two. Battier guards the best players on the court. So T-mac wont get wear down on D  and click this link and tell me how good Battier is on D------http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=148217

The atleticsim is there we have all the pieces. Its just Yao and Rafar went down. We just need one more playmaker. We have our Power forwards. Rockets sign C Loren woods earlier this season. He is going to be the back up to  Yao

No way in the world you can call Swift trash and then mention Loren Woods name...  This Cat wasn't even in the NBA or the D-league when the Rockets signed him... He was sitting at home. I am talking stats as well as talent.  Gaye is a good on ball defender and could be better with the right coaching.  Gaye is the type of player that can be the the number two guy if McGrady or Yao goes down and he could be a T-Mac successor once he retires.  Who else on the team could be that?  Battier? The Grizzlies have poor coaching and a young team and are in the strongest division in Basketball.  They play with Houston, SA, Dallas, and NO; not to mention they are in the WEST!  I also said we have our forwards but not our CENTERS... Please read before you reply.  All we have is Yao and no back-up.  And we are extremely small up front off the bench (6'6" and 6'7").  Mutombo is old as dirt so Stromile would have been good enough to be a BACK-UP. That is what I said!

And who besides McGrady is super athletic?  Please don't say Battier...  Maybe Landry and that is it!  All of our bench guards are small too.  So when the bench comes in we are a High School Program.

We are missing a third guy who can create his own shots.  Rafer has gotten better but Gaye would have been that man.

trade proposal....

HOU                                ORL

yao ming                          dwight howard

bobby jackson

luis scola

that way we could have two amazing rebounders on the court at the same time in landry and howard..

rockets starting 5 would be...

dwight howard

carl landry

shane battier

tracy mcgrady

rafer alston

and would still have chuck hayes, steve novak and aaron brooks(who needs much more PT) all on the bench.

trade proposal....

HOU ORL

yao ming dwight howard

bobby jackson

luis scola

that way we could have two amazing rebounders on the court at the same time in landry and howard..

rockets starting 5 would be...

dwight howard

carl landry

shane battier

tracy mcgrady

rafer alston

and would still have chuck hayes, steve novak and aaron brooks(who needs much more PT) all on the bench.

Get over it DUDE Dwight Howard is not going anywhere... And Landry is not proven... He has had a good quarter season and you guys are blessing him as a starter..... And Yoa's contract is larger than Dwights and Orlando would be over the CAP with Bobby Jackson's bloated salary alon with Rashard Lewis, Yoa Ming, and Jamer Nelson!!!!!!!!!!!

Look Yoa made 13.7 mil last year. Bobby Jacksom made 5.7 mil and Scola made 2.9 Mil...

Dwight made 6.1 mil.... That does not add up!

I think itd be foolish to not give Landry and Scola more time to develop. I think they can be very good especially Landry he's a tone setter and isn't scared to make his presence known. I just think the Rockets need a superstar to play with TMac for example if they drafted Michael Beasley now don't even say "he's not proven" I agree he's not proven hell we may not hear of him aftr next year but I have a sneaking suspicion that he'll be great not that the Rockets have a chance at him but itd be nice.

I think itd be foolish to not give Landry and Scola more time to develop. I think they can be very good especially Landry he's a tone setter and isn't scared to make his presence known. I just think the Rockets need a superstar to play with TMac for example if they drafted Michael Beasley now don't even say "he's not proven" I agree he's not proven heck we may not hear of him aftr next year but I have a sneaking suspicion that he'll be great not that the Rockets have a chance at him but itd be nice.

I wish Landry could develop into a small forward then he could be very good like a poor man's Josh Howard..  Scola should be our future PF even though it makes us kind of unathletic in the front court (Yoa and Scola) but it would be very skilled.  I think the Rockets are one impact small forward or guard away from being a legitimate contender...  NBADRAFT.NET has us getting Rush of KU...  That would be a big pick-up...  He can D just as good as Battier and is a better shooter, more athletic and COULD be the start of building to the future.  McGrady is going to be retiring pretty soon.  Second round I would not mind picking up Sasha Kuan...  He is a shoot blocker and would be a decent back-up Center!  If we could get Roy Hibbert in th efirst and JR Giddens in the second it would still be a decent draft for us!

Antwan Jamison is probally the biggest unrestricted free agent this summer, but I would not mind if the Rockets could lure Mickael Pietris from Golden State... He could realy help us!

I agree Pietrus would be a good scorer coming off the bench we just have to offer the $$$

Yeah but Nelly hasnt really exposed this kid and his price tag may not be as high as it should be....  And we need to get rid of dead weight like Jackson, Francis, Woods, and Mutombo.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83