***All-District 21-3A Baseball Team***

Not being able to vote on your own player makes a big difference. If you have a player you think is MVP then why cant you vote for him.. I am not taking anything away from any of the players but when you put rules on who you can vote on then that does change the outcome.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is pretty rediculous though that bc didnt get any superlative nominations having beaten everyone that is on the top twice except for monse...thats all we're saying.  most valuable player of the district..most valuable to their respective team...matt hicks...top notch pitcher top notch fielder top notch hitter, top notch kid and baseball smarts....

other kids may posess some of these but matt may be the only one that supplies ALL of those qualities to the team, pitch hit field

but im sure we'll trade away all our all district picks for another state run  ;)

Guest Bulldog

So where's Taylor Hart?? Doesn't seem to be on the list.......Someone from Jasper want to fill me in on why this is........ :o

Jackson batted .526 in district, 16 walks, 5 homers, 18 RBI, five doubles and only five strike outs...

Please don't take this as a knock on the MVP himself, he is a great player though. Just not where I would have gone with the pick.

Do you know if there is any way we can get stats on all of the players that made the list? I think everybody would like that....Well maybe everybody...

Go to maxpreps.com this shows all the stats for the state of texas

SECOND TEAM

Pitchers: Brandon Wolcott, Silsbee; Brett Koenig, Hamshire-Fannett; Justin Parsons, Jasper; Matt McClelland, Kirbyville

Catcher: Kyle Markum, Hamshire-Fannett

Infielders: Blake Snyder, Bridge City; Logan Ferguson, Hardin-Jefferson; Josh Skinner, Silsbee; Parker Phillips, Jasper

Outfielders: Chase Adams, WO-S; Garrett Minaldi, Hamshire-Fannett; Taylor Hart, Jasper; Jacob Ricossa, Hardin-Jefferson

Designated Hitter: Aaron Stephenson, Jasper

Utility Player: Jordan Darnall, WO-S

Guest Orangeboy

i've always thought it was flawed to say that the mvp had to come from the best team. theres some players who are better that get put on a worse team. one guy cant win it all.

Very true. I though Treece should have won it last year, although Reagan also had a great year.

Guess everyone has an opinion stated: so here goes mine!    LOL

I have seen it before many times through the years at the politics-of-the-losers overrides the predominates of the winning teams' players.

Example: Several years ago in softball BC again went undefeated and did quite well.  BC had a dominate player Meagan Godwin and also some other very premium players.  That year only Meagan got awards because the stated other Coaching reasoning was that she was all BC had that was of quality.  Nothing could have been further from the truth 4 years ago!

When overlooked for political reasons it hurts the chances for those D-1 scholarship full-rides.

What a slap in the face for a four year true star in Casey Jackson: who has led a team to the final four several times and had to be walked(or hit) so many times this year to keep him from knocking even more HRs.

Just glad everyone has had an opportunity to voice their opinion on this thread--I think that this is quite healthy.

Again, you guys are missing the point.... Your coach has to nominate you to recieve the award......

Both Casey and Matt are great ball players, Monse just had a superb district year with the stick and on the hill. In this case, it probably wouldn't had matter who was put up.   

Look nobody has been more critical on these picks than me and now I even say it is time to move on.

Congratulations to EVERYONE selected on every team. There are no better players in the state of Texas in the 3A level than we have in 21-3A.

My apologies to those I have offended.

I certainly respect each and every team and player in 21-3A and am proud of the guys we get to see week in, week out.

Guest HFCoach

wow, how noble...an apology in the 4th sentence of a post on the 4th page of a week old thread.

i have several problems with the way the you used your medium as a tool to publicly criticize a group of individuls that made decisions based on their knowledge of the game.  Your article was filled with uneducated drivel, and it surprises me that any editor would let it pass.  See from my experience most sports writers can look at a line score and create an article that could pass to most of the public as if the writer was attending the game.  You received a list of players and wrote an article that you had no idea, clue, or understanding on how it was created.  Since you didn't care for the result of the vote you created an angle to publicly critize the voters and the voting process, when you should have taken a step back, interviewed on how the voting process works and then ask questions that might have led you to the answer that you kept searching for in your article.  The answer to your question didnt lie with the voters.

when i was in 8th grade i was a writer for the school newspaper, you know those little pamphlets that cost a quarter every six weeks.  So i needed a good story for the last edition of my middle school career.  We decided that we would create this drama filled expose detailing who was dating whom and all that good juicy stuff.  The only problem was none of it was true.  So we turned in the article filled with creative thoughts, and my 8th grade journalism teacher, Mrs Smith, threw it in the trash.  She knew it wasnt' true.  Mrs. Smith then told me something that i would never forget, "(in an old lady voice) It's not your job to make the news young man, just report it."

your article should have been put HERE!,definitely not the sports page.

in conclusion,

your apology should be pasted on the website that pays you not page 4 of a week old thread,in a post that is convoluted with your pandering