Gulf Coast Classic

would you go?  

1. 1. would you go?

I just had an idea. How about we have a Gulf Coast Classic to start off the season since everybody else has theirs.

on a thursday------Nederland vs. Yates

Friday----West Orange-Stark vs. Barbers' Hill

Saturday 2 games---

Jasper vs. Baytown Lee

and last game--

P.A. Memorial vs. The Woodlands

Hey "Rita" you forgot someone--Dean Colbert!

Originally Posted by scooter!--*edited by Lonny23*

Dean Colbert hands down is the

best coach I ever witnessed at getting a job he didn't deserve to get and for keeping it as long as he did for as bad of a coaching job as he did.

Good Line up jdawg. Now fixed up Lamar Cardinal stadium and put turf down. There's a stadium to use. It would draw big crowds. They could have the renevations and turf paid for in a few years.

Wishful thinking!!

you know...your prolly right....with that classic and the numerous playoff games that would be played there....im bettin they would have that stuff payed off in 10 years...

they do this sort of thing every year in Tyler and its been a big success

Guest GoStangs

A while back, I had an idea similar to this, but it would be a rivalry weekend type of thing at LU.

WB vs. PAM (Friday night)

PNG vs. NED (Sat. afternoon)

Central vs. Ozen (Sat. night)

I'd love for WOS to be part of it, but I can't figure who they would play, unless Jasper is in the district with them. The rivalry in our current district is really BC and OF, but that's not a real large draw area-wide. WOS vs. BC is getting pretty big, but it's been a one-sided series and, with the exception of the last two seasons, the games have been blowouts.

If not during district, a predistrict rivalry weekend could bring a lot of interest, as well.

Ozen vs. PAM (Friday night)

WOS vs. Nederland (Saturday afternoon 12:00)

Jasper vs. PNG (Saturday afternoon 4:00)

WB vs. Central (Saturday night 8:00)

The real problem with playing the games back-to-back at one location, and a major deterrent to anyone agreeing to such an idea, is there are no artificial turf stadiums. If it rains, the last team playing will be mucking their way through a sloppy, muddy field from the opening kickoff. If it were an artificial turf field, you could have back-to-back games with an ideal playing surface no matter what the weather. Also, locker room issues could be a problem, though that could be pretty easily overcome.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86