A.J. Abrams declares as well

He hasn't hired an agent, and says if he's comfortable where it looks like he'll be drafted, he'll stay in the draft.  If not, he'll be back to Texas for his senior year.  I find it hard to believe that Abrams will ever make any notable contribution in the NBA.  At 5'11'', the only position he could realistically play would be point guard, and he's not good enough with the ball to do that.  The NBA is full of players that can shoot like he can, with the only difference being they're all 3-6 inches taller than he is.

He hasn't hired an agent, and says if he's comfortable where it looks like he'll be drafted, he'll stay in the draft.  If not, he'll be back to Texas for his senior year.  I find it hard to believe that Abrams will ever make any notable contribution in the NBA.  At 5'11'', the only position he could realistically play would be point guard, and he's not good enough with the ball to do that.  The NBA is full of players that can shoot like he can, with the only difference being they're all 3-6 inches taller than he is.

The kid is not good enough with the ball to play the point?  Remember NBA Daniel Gibson lost his PG job to Abrams.  The big twelve raves about this kid and how he doesn't make mistakes and handles the ball well....  Get ya facts straight...  The problem is that he has been asked to shoot in this system and that won't change next year!

as you said, he's in a system where they want him to shoot... that's why i said his only shot was to come back and show he can play point next year.  i don't know how many teams are going to be swayed by his 1.5 assists last year, especially considering his short stature.  if he comes back next year and GREATLY improves upon the numbers he put up at point from his freshman year (6.4 points, 3.0 assists), then maybe he has a shot.  i just don't think with his size that he's explosive enough to play point in the NBA.

as you said, he's in a system where they want him to shoot... that's why i said his only shot was to come back and show he can play point next year. i don't know how many teams are going to be swayed by his 1.5 assists last year, especially considering his short stature. if he comes back next year and GREATLY improves upon the numbers he put up at point from his freshman year (6.4 points, 3.0 assists), then maybe he has a shot. i just don't think with his size that he's explosive enough to play point in the NBA.

But Brown will probably start Mason or Balbay at the point!

Guest DickVitale

HOLD ON THERE SHORTT!! Daniel Gibson did not "lose" anything that year...He is a NATURAL 2 guard ANYWAY....He CAN play both the 1 and 2 guard slots, but his natural position is 2...for the record. ;)

as you said, he's in a system where they want him to shoot... that's why i said his only shot was to come back and show he can play point next year.  i don't know how many teams are going to be swayed by his 1.5 assists last year, especially considering his short stature.  if he comes back next year and GREATLY improves upon the numbers he put up at point from his freshman year (6.4 points, 3.0 assists), then maybe he has a shot.  i just don't think with his size that he's explosive enough to play point in the NBA.

But Brown will probably start Mason or Balbay at the point!

guess he's screwed then :) i love watching him play, but if he's not even dominant enough at the point to play it for texas, how is he going to do it for an NBA team?  and you know that there's not a team in the league who's going to play a 5'11'' two guard.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin