High School ball VS Select Ball

NEWS

• 3 weeks later...

In high school softball you have some girls that are playing just to have something to do. In select ball you have girls who want to play and want to take the sport to the next level. Also, In select ball the girls have so much more respect for the coach and when they make a mistake they know its not the end of the world. So they play really relaxed. As for high school the girls are so nervos causeing them to play super tense which leads to mistakes.

Difference between select ball and highschool.

Scenario: Bottom of 7 - 1 run lead - 2 outs - runner on third

Select ball: Pitcher makes perfect pitch on outside corner. Batter hits lazy fly ball to right. Immediately going through pitcher's mind. "Perfect, did my job, we win. I love this game."

High school ball: Pitcher makes perfect pitch on outside corner. Batter hits lazy fly ball to right. Immediately going through pitcher's mind. "Please catch it. Please catch it. Why did I throw it on the outside corner? Why did coach put her out there? Please catch it. Please catch it. Why do the softball Gods hate me?"

I have to chuckle a little at this thread. Before the first post was made I knew that the thread would be pro select. I mean, the majority of who would reply to this thread would be select coaches or parents. Only a couple of high school coaches would post on this subject therefore it obviously will be one-sided.

I agree with Champion, both need to work together. But, IMO, I'll always side with the high school over select/little league/AAU and so forth on every sport.

Let the bashing begin. ;D

I have to chuckle a little at this thread. Before the first post was made I knew that the thread would be pro select. I mean, the majority of who would reply to this thread would be select coaches or parents. Only a couple of high school coaches would post on this subject therefore it obviously will be one-sided.

I agree with Champion, both need to work together. But, IMO, I'll always side with the high school over select/little league/AAU and so forth on every sport.

Let the bashing begin. ;D

I don't think there will be much bashing. High school was much more "fun" to watch and participate in. Select is much more intense. We had a girl from our high school team come to one practice. She said she would not be back. It was no fun and we worked way too hard. I believe they both serve their purpose, but their purposes are different. Both are relevant and even though they are, should never be considered in competition with each other.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124