Nederland/LaMarque Predictions For Week 0

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How you compare teams is generally based on who you are talking to and their records lately/overall. I have friends at work that went to Lincoln and love to point out that they beat Nederland in their last year of existence. They hate to mention that Nederland was 10-1 against them in the last 11 years and owns the overall record between the schools. They would rather the discussion be based on the very last game. That year Lincoln won only their first round game. Nederland won three and ended up in the semi-finals. Two weeks after Lincoln had gone home for good' date=' Nederland was still playing ball.

Nederland beat WO-S for three straight years, effectively keeping them out of the playoffs for their last three years in 4A. I seem to remember a lot of the banter on the bulletin boards between WO-S and Nederland. The Nederland fans (and I was one) crowed about three straight years of victory. The WO-S fans seemed to care mostly about the overall record that is heavily in favor of WO-S. Now that WO-S has won the last two years, I am sure they don't mind discussing the last two years, much like my friends from Lincoln like to dismiss the 10 straight years of losses to Nederland.

WO-S is rightfully proud of their state championships but wasn't their last one like in '88? I doubt any of this year's seniors was even alive the last time WO-S took it all but I still hear a lot of talk about it.

The bottom line is, people like to discuss what is in favor of their argument whether it be recent past or overall history. I see it on all sides from supporters of all teams. It is called making an argument for your case. Just remember this, a person could always be a supporter of Vidor or Lumberton and not have anything to defend recent or overall history.

Oh yeah, did I mention Nederland won state in 1957..............[/quote']

Ok, Im not letting this one go......

Nederland beat WO-S for three straight years, effectively keeping them out of the playoffs for their last three years in 4A.

Lets not pat ourselves on the back now, Ned wasnt the only reason.

WO-S is rightfully proud of their state championships but wasn't their last one like in '88?

WOS-Finalist in 00, semi's in 05 8) Nederland.....nada, nothing :lol:

Guest Penny

If you were an astronaut, you'd probably drink lots of Tang, sleep standing up, and hold your breath for long stretches. You probably wouldn't get too upset over a 2 hour car ride.

They always have alot of speed. Its a matter of stringing them out to the sidelines and not allowing them to turn up. Ned is never the fastest, although we have a couple of linebackers and DE's that are pretty fast this year.

If you were an astronaut' date=' you'd probably drink lots of Tang, sleep standing up, and hold your breath for long stretches. You probably wouldn't get too upset over a 2 hour car ride.[/quote']

Ok, so Im not an Astronaut :lol:

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami