2008 Accolades and All-District teams

First let me say fine job to those who made the district teams.  Much grinding of teeth is expected this time of year.  There are those believe they should have received the honor, both kid and parent.  I'm sure there are some valid arguments.  It reminds me of picking allstars in little league.  There were some fine athletes who were left behind.  Only difference is back then, dads were picking, politics ruled the day  :'(.  Many a deserving kid didn't make it.  Like coach said, its a tough time of year.  I have to believe that coaches at the high school level see through all the bull crap and overbearing parents.  They see the kid who maybe doesn't get the "press" during the year, but day in and day out they have the other quailties that make up an "all star".  The kid who is respectful, who does what the coaches ask and doesn't talk back, gives everything they have and understands that team comes before any individual achievment.  Its the goalie who has an amazing turnaround during the year, its the smaller kid who ties up giants until they make a mistake.  Accolades to the coaches for seeing and recognizing these efforts.  Again, from the outside looking in, there were some who should have made 1st team instead of 2nd.  The only question is, does that mean that someone on the 1st team should have been bumped?  I'd like to think not.

First let me say fine job to those who made the district teams.  Much grinding of teeth is expected this time of year.  There are those believe they should have received the honor, both kid and parent.  I'm sure there are some valid arguments.  It reminds me of picking allstars in little league.  There were some fine athletes who were left behind.  Only difference is back then, dads were picking, politics ruled the day  :'(.  Many a deserving kid didn't make it.  Like coach said, its a tough time of year.  I have to believe that coaches at the high school level see through all the bull crap and overbearing parents.  They see the kid who maybe doesn't get the "press" during the year, but day in and day out they have the other quailties that make up an "all star".  The kid who is respectful, who does what the coaches ask and doesn't talk back, gives everything they have and understands that team comes before any individual achievment.  Its the goalie who has an amazing turnaround during the year, its the smaller kid who ties up giants until they make a mistake.  Accolades to the coaches for seeing and recognizing these efforts.  Again, from the outside looking in, there were some who should have made 1st team instead of 2nd.  The only question is, does that mean that someone on the 1st team should have been bumped?  I'd like to think not.

Very well said MANU...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami