Steve Nash sucks...

I mean look at his pitiful numbers for the 2007-08 season.

PPG:  17.5

FG%:  51.3%

FT%:  89.8%

APG:  11.2

3PT%: 48.4

Nash leads the NBA in 3pt percentage, is second in assists per game, and is 6th in free throw percentage.  All this while averaging 17 pts and shooting over 50% from the field. 

Now lets look at Rajon Rondo.

PPG:    10.7

FG%:  48.9%

FT%:  62.3%

APG:    5.0

3PT%:  29.4%

So in comparison to Nash, Rondo shoots a lower percentage from the field, averages less points, averages less than half the assists, shoots bad from the free throw line, and is woeful from behind the arc. 

However, there is one basketball guru (or elitist as he calls himself) on this messageboard who would take Rondo over the over-hyped Nash. 

DickV, I'll let you start the Nash chants:  "Overrated!!!"  clap clap clap. 

Guest DickVitale

Once again you guys have this obsession with vexing me....I was being SARCASTIC when I said I would take Rondo over Nash..BUT Nash IS overrated, and DERON WILLIAMS is BETTER, but does not get half the credit...You people make me sick..really.

Dickie, you shouldn't make outrageous comments and not be ready to back them up.  What part of Steve Nash is overrated, as you like to say? 

Deron Williams or esp. Chris Paul is alot better comparison to Nash than that goofy Rondo comment.  Williams averages about 2 PPG more and 2 APG less while shooting a lower percentage from the field, 3 pt line, and free throw line.  So while he is close to Nash, he still doesn't measure up.  Although, I would agree that he is a better defender.  Chris Paul is just sick.  We'll probably agree on that. 

I just don't understand your Nash is overrated comments.  He is one of the best PGs in NBA history and hate on him because of his skin color?  That's weak.

NAsh is great but funny his never winning is never brought into question . Also Skip Bayless on cold pizza always get excited when he speak of Nash calling him "the best player in the league is a skinny white guy" that speaks volumes of how he's judged differently 2 Mvp's no rings  might luck up get 1 w/shaq. But why is LbJ constantly berated and says he's just athletic or Kobe they shoot the 3 almost at the same click

Guest DickVitale

Do you REALLY think that an smart GM would pass on Deron Williams or Chris Paul for STEVE NASH? I mean, really...and if you think that the stats are all there is to a player, than you are truly lost...example...I will put it locally for you...Memorial's J'covan Brown averaged more ppg than Lincoln's BJ Tyler in high school....You think Brown is a better pg than BJ Tyler? Think about that one and you will further understand my analogy.

List of NBA point guards who have won multiple league MVP awards.

1. Magic Johnson

2. Steve Nash

That's it.  And quit giving that lame excuse about no trophies.  It takes more than just one person to win that.  Hell, the Jazz had 2 all-time greats in Stockton and Malone and couldn't win one.  Does that mean Karl Malone isn't one of the best PFs ever?  Hell no.  Is Robert Horry better than Magic Johnson because he has more rings?  Hell no.  That's a weak argument.

It's not all about the points.  Thats why I included assists, FT%, FG%, and 3PT%.  And Nash stacks up favorably in most categories.  

Would a GM take Nash now as he nears the end of his career over the 2 most talented young PGs in the league?  Of course not.  But when there is a list of best PGs ever based on their entire careers Nash is there and Williams or Paul is not.  Maybe they will be there in the future, maybe not.  Nash is already accomplished.  And I guarantee you Deron Williams will not win one, much less two, league MVP awards in his career.

Quote from Hermann Edwards "you play to win the game " one of the best ever no his numbers weren't all that great until he moved to Phoenix wouldn't be Hall of famer before then .MJ stopped alot of folks from winning.  Take NAsh put him on N.O. Hornets the numbers wouldn't be that good and would get killed def like he does now w/o those offensive number he could start for some team Phoenix has the most talent in the league classic underachiever

Guest DickVitale

That was only an example, but anyway....Nash and Dirk WERE NOT TRUE league MVP's and you know it...They were GIVEN those awards and did not truly earn them, and you all know why. No need to act as if we don't...They WERE NOT the leagues best and it showed in the playoffs...

That was only an example, but anyway....Nash and Dirk WERE NOT TRUE league MVP's and you know it...They were GIVEN those awards and did not truly earn them, and you all know why. No need to act as if we don't...They WERE NOT the leagues best and it showed in the playoffs...

let's see--what do Nash and Dirk have in common????

The Celtics have best starting line up /bench Suns

Pierce                                        Amare

Allen                                          Nash

Garnett                                      Shaq

Perkin                                        Hill

Powe                                         Bell

Davis                                         Barbosa

Diaw

DickV, if you think he got the MVP award becuase of his skin color then say it.  Don't beat around the bush.  If you think all people in Lumberton are racist (and I think you do think like that) then come out and say it.  

Nash got the award based on his regular season merits, just like all the other winners.  David Robinson got the award one year when it clearly should have went to Hakeem.  But hey what you gonna do?  That's life.  There was no conspiracy against Olajuwon.  That's just the way it turned out.  Quit thinking everyone is out to get the black man.  That's not the case.

I personally believe Nash and Dirk won those MVP 's as the NBA ploy to reinvolve certain demagraph of fans because as it was reported they buy the luxury boxes and want to make more money very smart marketing I say also w/college rule and dress code . This has all been reported but most people expect a certain race to sit and digest it all. Hurts when u actually read and listen use their words to choke them with ..

I personally believe Nash and Dirk won those MVP 's as the NBA ploy to reinvolve certain demagraph of fans because as it was reported they buy the luxury boxes and want to make more money very smart marketing I say also w/college rule and dress code . This has all been reported but most people expect a certain race to sit and digest it all

Please post a link where this has been reported from a reputable news source. 

The Celtics have best starting line up /bench Suns

Pierce                                        Amare

Allen                                          Nash

Garnett                                      Shaq

Perkin                                        Hill

Powe                                         Bell

Davis                                         Barbosa

Diaw

And you forgot the undeniable talent of Rajon Rondo.  One of the best PGs in the league according to DickV.  And you forgot the better PG on that team Sam Cassell.

let's see--what do Nash and Dirk have in common????

They're both foreigners.  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami