*PN-G vs. Vidor/4-3 Vidor Wins/Comments*

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, don't ya just love this disctrict???  All the LOVE!

Can you feel it?  I sure can!

well if you go back and read the posts there was mutual respect being given by both towns..then when the umps were blamed,then the news was brought into it,  some of us cant let that go..(and i was actually trying to lay low on here and behave..)

you know what they say, there's always a few bad Indians in the tribe!!

***************BREAKING NEWS*********************BREAKING NEWS*****************BREAKING NEWS*********

PNG WAS JUST ARRIVING BACK AT THE RESERVATION WHEN A LOUD THUMP WAS HEARD ACROSS SOUTHEASTTEXAS.......

AUTHORITIES SAID IT IS BELIEVED TO BE HESTER'S HOMERUN BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is ridiculous!!!  PNG lost to Vidor!!! All the talk of the umps losing the game for us is just not true.  There were bad calls by the umps true but PNG had stranded runners in scoring positions and clutch plays that did not happen.  Robi and Harrington did outstanding jobs on the mound. There were good plays behind both pitchers but when it came down to it the big plays did not happen for PNG.  This was a nail-biter all the way.  These two outstanding teams will meet again.  Both teams have very talented players and this is what makes for games like this.  PNG will be just fine!!!   

After seeing the video on TV, I freezed my TiVo.  To me it looks as if the batter was out.  The first baseman puts his foot back on the bag which makes it look as if he missed the bag the first time.  Not only that but the first base umpire calls the batter out.  Did the home plate umpire reverse the call?   Shouldn't the 1st base umpire be the one that makes the call?  Either way it was a great game!  Good luck to both teams!!!

Guest bleed orange

I was at the game and I am not from either school. I bet you can guess where I am from. I watched the channel six news and it clearly showed that the PNG first baseman did not have his foot on the bag. Correct call by the Ump!  This was a great ball game by two good teams. The Harrington kid from PNG really impressed me and so did the Bunner kid from Vidor. As far as the music goes, it was to loud before the game but during the game it made for a great atmosphere. I like it and wish more schools would do it.  I guess the PNG fans would have rather them play " PUFF THE MAGIC DRAGON". I liked the theme song for the catcher of Vidor, "Think God I am a Country Boy". Classic, how many kids would play that song these days.

Aahh, can you smell that ??? A little' home cookin' covered by some sloppy defense equals a Vidor win. I for one will not blame the umps, (even though the guy at first was clueless), because if we catch a fly ball it's 3-1 and DONE ! Vidor is scrappy and I'm sure that PN-G will be MORE THAN HAPPY to welcome the Pirates back to the Reservation... The guys in the press box need to grow up ! From antagonizing the crowd, to announcing his interpretations of umpire calls, to Coach Green having to signal to turn the music down, those guys are a little over the top. Congrats Pirates!

Guest bleed orange

Aahh, can you smell that ??? A little' home cookin' covered by some sloppy defense equals a Vidor win. I for one will not blame the umps, (even though the guy at first was clueless), because if we catch a fly ball it's 3-1 and DONE ! Vidor is scrappy and I'm sure that PN-G will be MORE THAN HAPPY to welcome the Pirates back to the Reservation... The guys in the press box need to grow up ! From antagonizing the crowd, to announcing his interpretations of umpire calls, to Coach Green having to signal to turn the music down, those guys are a little over the top. Congrats Pirates!

I agree, Someone needs to grow up. But I think both sides do because PNG started it. Remember the two loud mouth fans in the stands? If they had a kid playing, I bet they were embarrassed. Parents amaze me.

Now now now...from all my years that I've watched baseball I've never heard as much bickering in my 84 years of living. My old ears could handle the music fine but it was the obnoxious PNG lady at the bottom I was wishing they would request to lower the volume. The poor lady didn't know that she was representing her whole town. Just like some of you boo hooing about umpires. It's classic it really is. Umps cost you the game huh? Well how about this...you guys can mark a little asterisk next to the Pirates game on yalls personal schedules at home to make yourselves feel slightly more at ease. That's fair enough right? As my grandson says "I'm down with that!"

didnt get to attend this game but i was getting updates from both sets of fans and both said bad call by the umpire and booted ball by the png outfielder cost png the game....little robicheaux is a competitor and harrington is just very very good, well pitched game tonight by both reports, like i said on another blog, if png has no errors they win and what happened, they beat themselves

Guest pirates

Unbelievable!!!

Port Neches class has just went down.  It's like a little league coach, just because you coach little league you know everything there is to know about coaching, well just because your a PNG fan "Krewsky" you know everything about what goes on, on and off the baseball field.  "Krewsky" I really think you your hiding behind the umps, the music and probably behind the fence.  I know the guy who plays the music and operates the sound system.  First of all he umpired for over 25 years, following teams like PNG throughout playoffs and umpiring in the state tournament 3 straight years.  He has forgot more about baseball then most people will every know.  I know for a fact that he and Coach Stone are very good friends and he would never do anything to jeopardize that friendship with Jay.  He told me tonight that the sound system is set at a certain volume level and it never changes, the music that is played sounds louder on certain songs then others, that is just the way the songs are recorded.  He also said tonight, "as long as the players enjoys the music and the coach approves, then he cannot help what the fans think.  Coach Green did not tell him to turn the music down, that is just another misrepresentation on your part Krewsky.

It is a shame that people like you try to discredit and attack good people because you did not get your way.  PNG has a great tradition and a great coach, it's people like Krewsky that gives other PNG people a bad name.

Guest bleed orange

"Krewsky" was probably the loud mouth in the stands from PNG. Its funny because after I heard the two guys from PNG spout out, I continued to watch them. Their wife's or girl friends were semi dancing to the music. How ironic. The music must have not been that bad.

Didn't see the game and not from either Vidor or Port Neches.  Viewed the controversial play on highlights of the game from a link someone posted.  Can't tell if safe or out so have to assume umps got the call right.  One thing seems a little odd though - why did the first base ump ask the home plate ump for help on a routine play at first base? 

Can't comment on the game other than it looks as if it were a good one. I will comment on the umpire asking for help, I wish this would happen more, the first base Ump came to the plate umpire to see if he had a better view on wether he pulled his foot....plain and simple. Like I said this should happen more BUT it don't, I have seen many games where the ump was out of position, made the wrong call and refused to ask for help, in this case the 1st base Ump clearly asked for help immediatly. In my yrs I have ragged the Umps in more than a few occassions BUT I also give praise when its deserved and IMO the Ump asking for help clearly shows he wanted to get the call rite and what more can you ask for. Good job BLUE....

Can't comment on the game other than it looks as if it were a good one. I will comment on the umpire asking for help, I wish this would happen more, the first base Ump came to the plate umpire to see if he had a better view on wether he pulled his foot....plain and simple. Like I said this should happen more BUT it don't, I have seen many games where the ump was out of position, made the wrong call and refused to ask for help, in this case the 1st base Ump clearly asked for help immediatly. In my yrs I have ragged the Umps in more than a few occassions BUT I also give praise when its deserved and IMO the Ump asking for help clearly shows he wanted to get the call rite and what more can you ask for. Good job BLUE....

The first base coach can appeal to the umpire at first base that he pulled his foot. If the field umpire feels like it is justifiable he can then go to the homeplate umpire and ask for help on the call it is standard practice and happens from T-ball to the majors.

It was a very good game that had a few bang-bang plays that could have gone either way and both "Teams" not fans were very classy about it. Parents can also learn from their kids sometimes.

Guest ASISEEIT

I saw the replay...  Looks like a good call... What I don't understand is, a ground ball to short, he throws to 2nd, 2nd to 1st, why wasn't the first baseman already on the bag.....  I guess that's the blue's fault also.. ???

Guest vpirate

One of the best games ever...  Could have been 1-0 either way.  Mistakes cost both teams runs..  Robi didn't seem to have his best stuff but he battled all the way..  Bunner and Bruce made several nice plays in the middle..  Hester came in and closed the game on the hill and finished it at the plate.

As for Harrington, what a player!!  He does it all. Pitch's, swings the stick, steals bases..  He plays with intensity and alot of heart..  All you can ask from any player..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Sure.  You reassign an employee and they leave voluntarily instead of being fired and being open to litigation.  The outcome is the same, but you are making my point.  The superintendent and AD and principal are all empowered to make personnel decisions.  Instead of accepting the decision made, you talk about lawyering up, no one else was reprimanded, railroad job.  I am old enough to remember when high school sports taught life lessons...accountability being chief among them.
    • I know absolutely nothing about the situation, but I do know head coaches of sports other than the AD have actual teaching assignments, and I know from my wife having worked in the sped department of multiple schools that it’s not uncommon at all for coaches to shirk those duties.  It could very well be that this was the case at BC.  Or not, I don’t know.  Just bringing this up to point out the fact that, although many coaches only want to worry about coaching, they generally have several other responsibilities at the school.  some of them neglect or ignore these duties entirely.  If he’s been written up for other issues before, it’s a dumb argument to say “he was punished for this and others were not”.  If he had a pile of write ups in his file and they did not then it makes sense that the punishments were different.  
    • He wasn’t fired, he was reassigned and people get reassigned all the time. If he was actually fired, then you would have a point, but he wasn’t fired. Based on the information presented here no way this would stand if they fired him and he lawyered up. 
    • I heard the assistant was going to get this job and assume it was referring to the old Vidor coach, Nate Smith.  I always thought he did more with less at Vidor and can't help but think he shares some responsibility in Vidor's recent success. 
    • Classic Bridge City.  Always someone else's fault, refs/umpires cheated, AD with an agenda, yada, yada, yada.  As far as I can tell it's damn near impossible to get fired at these schools so when someone does get fired, it's usually something.  Drama at Bridge City is a constant.  The guy did a good job coaching basketball and I'm sure he'll continue that somewhere else.  Time to move on.
  • Topics