Neumann to interview at La Marque

Hound Dog, you make way too much sense buddy, you're not gonna last long around these parts.  People around here think Nederland has tremendous athletes and Neumann should be in the freakin state championship every year.  What they don't see, is what you do see... he does a helluva lot with what he's got and always has.  That goes for his staff as well.

100% agree

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know Neumann's all time record against Suggs ?

Counting Lincoln, 0-4....

My bad.  I was thinking he was only at Lincoln for one year, then Central for 1 or 2.  If you say four (total here in the triangle), then I believe you.  I know better than to question your knowledge of this stuff, '85.   :)

I stand corrected.  1 with Lincoln, 2 with Central.  Combined score 175-15....

....and what did Super Suggs do with those teams that put such bad whippings on Nederland????....Nothing! A couple rounds deep into the playoffs and that's it, which I have been told stinks.

LM is not going to compare Suggs' and Neumann's head-to-head records. They will look at their records of the teams they coached and what they were able to do with the talent at hand. Neumann wins that one hands down.

That last team Suggs had @Central put 20 on y'all @home and went to the 3rd round which is 1 less than Nuemann.  Besides, he's an old LM assistant and I bet he has just as good a record overall as Nuemann plus more district titles, recruits, etc.

And they should compare head to head being that he and St. Nuemann are the finalist.  Suggs has another little nugget under his belt:  He took 3 different teams to the playoffs 3 years in a row.  Nuemann can't match that one

Kinda hard to take three different teams to the playoffs when your head coaching is limited to one team. Neumann coaching Lincoln or Central could have produced the same results or better, so your point is moot. Neumann's record stands for itself. Other coaches and schools have a respect for Neumann that you could never possess.

BTW, Neumann is from the Pasadena area.

Guest Penny

Coulda been Ryan Butler, he was a receiver.  We'll always have a handful of guys who can run.  What we don't have year in and year out are your defensive lineman and linebackers who run faster than most of our skill guys.

Guest 81sDad

Boy I hate to see him leave your school if he does bc seems like that he is part of the town. He really has done alot for Nederland and vice versa so wish both the best.

I do not know why the thought keeps crossing my mind, but it does. If we lose Neumann, I keep envisioning Cornell Thompson as our head man.

In your dreams... :D

Thompson will retire at WO-S, whether it's in his current position or as the next WO-S HC.  It doesn't matter if his name is "floating around" as a successor to Neuman.  That rumor mill is barber shop fodder started by people who do not know Coach T. 

Forget it.  It ain't gonna happen.   

I do not know why the thought keeps crossing my mind, but it does. If we lose Neumann, I keep envisioning Cornell Thompson as our head man.

In your dreams... :D

Thompson will retire at WO-S, whether it's in his current position or as the next WO-S HC.  It doesn't matter if his name is "floating around" as a successor to Neuman.  That rumor mill is barber shop fodder started by people who do not know Coach T. 

Forget it.  It ain't gonna happen.   

Hey the wos people didn't think he would leave the first time....

Correct. Thompson left before for a Retirement deal that Coaches do to help their Retirement plan.

::)

There are a few people here who actually KNOW Coach Thompson.  He has some personal and professional reasons that will keep him rooted in Orange. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124