Another Shocker!!!

This is the exact problem I have with conference tourneys. For the most part, it makes the regular season completely meaningless. In my opinion the regular season champ should represent the conference in the NCAA tourney. I think the Ivy league is the only one that does that. It is not that big of deal in the bigger conferences since they get between 3-7 teams apiece. But, for small conferences like the SLC I think it would be a better idea.

Guest abovetherim

Yep, you are right AggiesAreWe the winner will have the #1 seed in the NCAA tournament to look forward to competing against. SFA is headed to the NIT.

Bad deal for the SLC. Maybe one day they will learn it is better to send the conference champion to the NCAA Tournament than put on a conference tournament that will lose money.

Just another reason I love the SLC.  ::)

Guest coachacola

It just doesn't make much sense for the SLC to have a tourney.  The SLC would probably make more money by sending the best team to the NCAA tourney with a decent seeding and a chance to win at least a game and bring more money in than what ESPN pays for 1 game and barely any fans coming to the games.

I say do it like football.  Have the East champion play the West champion.  Play 1 game at the school with the best record.  So this year LU would have played at SFA for the right to go to the NCAA tourney and the loser goes to the NIT.  It would have a packed house and look good on ESPN2.  Do the same for the women too.

Guest abovetherim

Oh before anyone states it yes I feel the same way about the woman's tournament. Even if Lamar does win the tournament tomorrow and I'll be cheering like heck they win, Texas State should be in the NCAA tournament because of their overall body of work.

Nope, if Lamar wins I don't think they should hand the bid to Texas State. I just think it is ridiculous in a one bid conference to make the champion earn the bid again.

Now, SFA knows how Lamar felt with their 25-4 record back in the 80's. Sucks, I was really hoping the Jacks would win.

The solution is simple. Build a team that no one in the slc can beat. Was Lamar that team? NO  Was SFA that team? NO

No top 8 slc team was far superior to the other. I hope Roc understands this. We need a Kenny Dawkins down low. There has to

be a JUCO C/F with speed, size, and ability to score.  Nabors has the speed and can score, but lacking in size.

Worrel lacks scoring ability.  Brown lacks scoring and size.  Custer lacks toughness. Roc needs to drop Custer off at Roberts park

during the summer to get that toughness.

It just doesn't make much sense for the SLC to have a tourney.  The SLC would probably make more money by sending the best team to the NCAA tourney with a decent seeding and a chance to win at least a game and bring more money in than what ESPN pays for 1 game and barely any fans coming to the games.

I say do it like football.  Have the East champion play the West champion.  Play 1 game at the school with the best record.  So this year LU would have played at SFA for the right to go to the NCAA tourney and the loser goes to the NIT.  It would have a packed house and look good on ESPN2.  Do the same for the women too.

Totally agree coachcola.  What is the purpose of the regular season?  At least the two division winners should get a first round bye.

Totally agree coachcola.  What is the purpose of the regular season?  At least the two division winners should get a first round bye.

Exactly....that way the 2 top teams get a reward for conference effort.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83