22-4a All District Picks....................

Dickie, what happened to those picks, went down today and got the enterprise and...nothing..You think the kids would like to know and by waiting this long , it kind of takes away from the accomplishment if they do make all-district...Who decides when the meeting is and why is the 4a district in our area always the very last to pick...Are they SPECIAL???

Guest DickVitale

The picks ARE done, and are usually in the paper the Sunday following the state tourney..The district meeting is normally held on the Monday right after the district season concludes and it is not released until the season officially ends (usually in Austin  ;))....You may have to get on the Enterprise for this one, because the picks are done..

Guest DickVitale

The picks ARE done. When they will be posted, I do not know..How are they NOT going to be done a WEEK after the season has ended?  It does not work that way...District picks are made at the campus of the district champion, immediately following district play. Why is every thing a debate with you people? $%#&! To be honest, I could give a #$@% less about the dang district picks...They are really un-important in the big scheme of things anyway..Who cares...Some of you folks really make me sick...How do you register on here JUST to say that? ("lucky to be here")..just sickening..

Guest DickVitale

If they picked the all-district team AFTER the state tourney, there is definitely something wrong here...IT IS ALWAYS selected right after district is concluded and it takes place during the school day at OZEN (district champion)normally on the Monday before the playoffs start..If something has been done differently, then, it is news to me...THIS is the procedure...anything else means that something has gone ary...Needless to say....WHO GIVES A $#%@! Really..WHY is it such a big deal for me to be proven wrong? If it is NOT picked already, then, OK..I just know how the procedure has always been done, because I was a part of it..If it has not taken place...I am wrong...Now what?

Guest DickVitale

My guess is, everyone wants to prove you are wrong because you always claim you are right, about everything.   Stop doing that and the silly attacks will end.  i think I am right about this.   ;D

I am always right when it comes to BASKETBALL RELATED issues...all of that other frivilous nonsense is hit or miss. District picks and things of that nature that some people on here seem to care about, is not that important..BUT..If is has to do specifically with the roundball, I am ALL OVER IT!! ;)

My guess is, everyone wants to prove you are wrong because you always claim you are right, about everything.   Stop doing that and the silly attacks will end.  i think I am right about this.   ;D

I am always right when it comes to BASKETBALL RELATED issues...all of that other frivilous nonsense is hit or miss. District picks and things of that nature that some people on here seem to care about, is not that important..BUT..If is has to do specifically with the roundball, I am ALL OVER IT!! ;)

Dickie V as a coach you do know more about how certain situations are handled, and in this particular case the picking of all district selections, which really doesnt mean anything to kids and coaches who are accustom to receiving accolades. What you have to remember is that this is an open forum and just like there are idiots who questions why certain coaches call certain plays and bash a coach who is a proven winner they feel as if they can do a better job.  however as a coach you cant bash them when they mess up your order at burger king or ring up the wrong price at the exxon corner store ;D ;D. all im saying is dont let these guys on the forum upset you b/c it's all for fun and games and hey who likes a person who has confidence in their knowledge of their profession and always thinks their right. many times you are some times you might not be, but remember every time your wrong their gonna ride you it just comes along with the territory

Get off you high horse, Dick. It's comments like these that get you crossways with most folks. This comment is begging for someone to go back over your posts and come up with one that will prove you wrong. The fact is, by using that word " ALWAYS " a person would only have to come up with one post to prove their point.

BTW, the all district picks are basketball related and are important to most folks. If it isn't important to you, then why even bother posting about it.

I will say this though, just like Dick said, the all district picks have always been done the Monday following the regular season's ending or at least before the first playoff game was played. That has always been protocol and it was followed this year in football and volleyball. I am not sure as to why they would wait to do the basketball picks or if that is the case actually. I believe the picks were made right after the regular season ended but for some reason the media has not released it yet.

Not sure about the other districts, but District 21 4a did pick right after the season ended.  If anyone cares, here are the picks from our district:

Co-Coach of the Year

James Norman- Smiley

Justin Reese- Crosby

Co-MVP

Augustine Rubit- Smiley

Jonathan Simmons- Smiley

Co-Offensive Player of the Year

Brooks Ybarra- Barbers Hill

Kendrae Carter- Crosby

Defensive Player of the Year

Bennie Easter- Smiley

Newcomer of the Year

Emonte McMillian- CE King

1st Team

Benny Batiste- CE King

Robert Mayes- Smiley

Michael Guillory- Crosby

BJ Jacobs- Crosby

Jon Daniels- BH

Ian Hamlin- BH

Ryan Rone- Huffman

Ryan Hagan- GP

Danny Fernandez- New Caney

Duane Wade- Smiley

2nd Team

Josh Williams- CE King

Roger West- Smiley

Marvin Perkins- Forest Brook

Aaron Aubrey- Forest Brook

Marcus Compian- Huffman

Jerrel Byrd- GP

Brandon Taylor- GP

Jerrick Hoskins- Smiley

AJ Anderson- Crosby

Kevin Boyd- NC

Academic All-District

Brock Lunardi- Huffman

Jon Daniels- Barbers Hill

Jahron Calhoun- Forest Brook

DeMarco Bourgeois- CE King

Andy Reche- GP

Elijah Chambers- Crosby

Duane Wade- Smiley

Honorable Mention All-District

Jake Miller- BH

Heath Padgett- BH

Lester Debose- Crosby

MJ Mathis- Crosby

Zac Cahee- Crosby

Brock Lunardi- Huffman

Jimmy Martin- Huffman

This is the only district in SE Texas that does it this way.  It has been like this the past few years.  You can say it should be done, but look at who is in charge of organizing it and you will see why it is different.  There is plenty of time right after district to get it done.  If it is such a hassle for the 1st place team to get it organized, then maybe it should be assigned to someone who doesn't make the playoffs.  They have extra time.  By the way, it is scheduled for Wednesday.

Guest DickVitale

Some things are what they are...I know hoops, and there is NO ONE, especially on some message board, that can challenge me on that..No one..No high horse, just stating the facts..People on here cannot stand my confidence and thats their problem, not mine...I dont think that the 22-4A district picks are a big deal...Obviously some of you do, so go ahead and enjoy them... ::)

Don't think they are a big deal.  I just don't understand why they have to be different in this district from every other district in the state.  All Region and All State teams have been selected but this district can't seem to have their all district meeting in the three weeks after the season is over.  It just doesn't make any sense.

Some things are what they are...I know hoops, and there is NO ONE, especially on some message board, that can challenge me on that..No one..No high horse, just stating the facts..People on here cannot stand my confidence and that's their problem, not mine...I dont think that the 22-4A district picks are a big deal...Obviously some of you do, so go ahead and enjoy them... ::)

That is pretty obnoxious statements there, Dick. I beg to differ. I believe there are many people on the face of this earth that could not only challenge but beat you on the subject of hoops. There are many a high school, college, and pro coach that would make your head spin with their knowledge. You can't really believe that you are the world's greatest basketball guru. Yes, you MAY have more knowledge than most here on this messageboard, but that's not what you stated. You said " No one " which encompasses the entire world, doesn't it?  Like I said, it's statements like these that you make that make you look like a big blowhard, quite the fool.

If you are this "so called " world's greatest basketball guru, why is it that you are not coaching anymore? And, why didn't you make it to the highest of levels when you did coach?

Guest DickVitale

I said there is no one ON HERE that can tell me anything...and that is true..second,I have played the game, and I have learned from the best and can STILL learn from the best in the business, because I have access to them. I do not know it all, but I can say that I know more than most, by exposure alone.  Aggie, you have no idea WHAT it is that I do, or where I do it, and to be frank, its none of your business, nor this board, really.  Third, I HAVE coached collegiately, as well as on the high school level, and have had varied amounts of success everywhere that I have been. AND I am still YOUNG, therefore unlike yourself it is not over for me by far...Sometimes you have to pay your dues before moving up. You just dont get promoted because you are able to. Its a process, and sometimes its about timing..I do not expect you to know these things, because you are quite the novice when it comes to the business of basketball coaching, obviously...

To re-interate...NOBODY ON HERE CAN TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT BASKETBALL....You guys are fans, and there is nothing wrong with that...If there are other coaches on here, I can always learn some things from people who are actually in the business, or have been in the business, so those people are not included.  YES, I LOVE to learn more about the business from others who are in it, or have been in it..You have not...and will not...be a fan...stop trying to police me, and be a fan.

Now, I hope there are no hard feelings Aggie, I am just attempting to set the record straight...

I said there is no one ON HERE that can tell me anything...and that is true..second,I have played the game, and I have learned from the best and can STILL learn from the best in the business, because I have access to them. I do not know it all, but I can say that I know more than most, by exposure alone.  Aggie, you have no idea WHAT it is that I do, or where I do it, and to be frank, its none of your business, nor this board, really.  Third, I HAVE coached collegiately, as well as on the high school level, and have had varied amounts of success everywhere that I have been. AND I am still YOUNG, therefore unlike yourself it is not over for me by far...Sometimes you have to pay your dues before moving up. You just dont get promoted because you are able to. Its a process, and sometimes its about timing..I do not expect you to know these things, because you are quite the novice when it comes to the business of basketball coaching, obviously...

To re-interate...NOBODY ON HERE CAN TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT BASKETBALL....You guys are fans, and there is nothing wrong with that...If there are other coaches on here, I can always learn some things from people who are actually in the business, or have been in the business, so those people are not included.  YES, I LOVE to learn more about the business from others who are in it, or have been in it..You have not...and will not...be a fan...stop trying to police me, and be a fan.

Now, I hope there are no hard feelings Aggie, I am just attempting to set the record straight...

Crawfishing a bit now, I rest my case.

BTW, it's not over for me like you stated. I never, ever considered being a coach professionally, I had other opportunities in life and chose them. They have worked out pretty darn well for me. I would rank my success in life above yours, but it's probably apples and oranges.

This is my last post on the subject, back to the subject of the thread.

Guest DickVitale

What? Your success? Rank? You dont really believe that statement do you? How can you gage that, and you have NO IDEA what or who I am, nor about my personal situation?...That was a dumb a$$ statement, man..Really.  You are OLDER than me, thats it...You wanna compare bank statements or something? House size? Cars?  ::) ::)...How juvenile and dumb is that? Man, like I said, keep being a high school sports fan...That was stupid, dude... ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami