*HJ vs. Navasota Playoff Updates/HJ ADVANCES 58-57!!!!!!!!*

KFDM COOP

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Number one, Congratulations to everyone from H-J.  I agree with the posters who commented that Navasota was the most athletic team I have seen in a while. Gotta be proud of ya'lls efforts.  And for those of you who would question who drew the play up, you have to admire a head coach who is number one able to hire a BASKETBALL coach for his assistance, and then give them the opportunity to win the game.  That is why H-J is heads above the other schools in the district in basketball.  Most of the assistant coaches in the district would have went, "hey, where's the fullback go on this play???"

Good point.  I know the assistant at Silsbee is a basketball guy too.  Hey coaches an AAU team during the summer.  Or at least he used to.  I agree. Anytime you have guys that can help basketball not only during basketball season, but during the preseason and offseason, it is beneficial to the team.  Not too many 3A and under schools get that privilege.

I can't speak for the other assistant, but for Coach Davis, not only does he have head coaching experience, but he was very successful when he did it.  Circumstances beyond his control brought him back to HJ as an assistant, but he's more than capable of drawing up last second play.  I'm really hoping that when Sutherland decides it's time to move on that we'll see Coach Davis step up and take his place.

My earlier post was intended to be a knock on Coach Sutherland by any means.  Totally on the contrary, I was trying to say how impressed I was with 1) HJ's staff, who was able to keep things under control when their season was 7 seconds away from being over, and 2) Coach Sutherland's trust in the guys who work with him

I am thoroughly impressed and envious.

Best of luck the rest of the way, Hawks.  I'll be there Friday night to watch you guys again.

This is what HJ fans and players have grown accustomed to and basically spoiled to; the fact our coach's

continue to put our kids in position to win games. You have to be able to recognize what the other team is doing to effect the outcome of a game and all of our coach's are very good at this. If changes need to be made after the start of the game, they are made. If they need to be made at halftime, that's what is done. If it means drawing up a play in the sand with a stick, that's just fine with us!! Who cares who is holding the stick????

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami