*HJ vs. Navasota Playoff Updates/HJ ADVANCES 58-57!!!!!!!!*

KFDM COOP

Guest tigersvoice

I don't know the players very well but I think Burrell drove and missed the shot and a forward stuck it back with no time left.

Hopefully, the forward stuck it back BEFORE there was not time left. :o

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

his name is Jacoby Turner who had the put back he is the sophmore phenom who will wreck teams next year. And yes tigersvoice after the ball went through the net there was still .7 seconds left on the clock. That was the best defensive team we have played all year by far. The refs really let them play

Jacoby Turner. thats all i got to say. 

What a back and forth game. Definitely a game of streaks by both teams. The Hawks got a little sloppy when they were up by 9 with over 5 min left to play. A couple of TO's and missed shots by HJ and Navasota got their second wind and put up some quick basket's. When HJ was down by three with a min left the guard for Navasota decided to drive and missed the shot. That's all HJ needed to get going again. Great defense the last couple of posessions and the clutch put back by Jacoby was thrilling. He always seems to be where you need him most. If anyone wanted to see an NBA type game played with all the tight defense this was it. Most physical High School game I have ever seen. Congrats Hawks--Man ya'll are a tuff bunch of kids!! Hecklers win the MVP award!!!! Awesome turn out by the HJ Fans!! What a great atmosphere!!! Great job by all the HJ coach's

Wow is all I can say!!!!!  Shackbully pretty much hit the nail on the head!!!  This Navasota team was not the same team that played OF on Friday night.  They ahd another gear and then another gear tonight.  Great win for HJ and now looking forward to Friday night in Huntsville.  Navasota will be back stronger than ever next year as they return4 out of their top 5.  I thought that Silsbee was the most athletic and quick team that HJ has played all year.  Navasota makes Silsbee look like a bunch of 40 year olds.  See you in Huntsville!!!  Hopefully HJ/ Silsbee round 4!!!!!!

I heard several of our players say, paraphrasing here, "The way the refs were letting them knock us down, I don't know how we won that game!"  Ryan Weldon said, "They were like Silsbee on steroids."  The way the game started off didn't look to promising for HJ: Navasota bigs "throwed" our first three shot attempts.  Lots of contact, no call, all night long.  The way the game's last 5:41 went didn't look too promising for HJ, either: turnovers took our 12-pt lead down to a 3-pt deficit.  It was perhaps some divine intervention that no one blocked out Jacoby's put-back with 0.8 sec on the clock.  That was a brilliant play HJ ran with 7 sec left, with multiple options, executed perfectly-- even Jarvis's miss was perfect, because Jacoby darted weakside for the put-back with no time left for Navasota to do anything but sigh.

Congratulations to Navasota for a hard-fought game.  I would not be surprised to run into them again next year, same game, same place, for a third year in a row.  Dang, I hope some of our boys put on some weight before we play them again.  This was easily our most physical game of the year, just like it was last year.

Orangefield this one was for you baby it was the most intense game i have ever seen I have never freaked like i did when jacoby made that shot and oh yeah coach davis during the timeout constructed a brilliant play to put the ball in jarvis' hands and had jacoby backdoor just in case and it worked i stood there listening to him construct it BRILLIANCE!! time to go to Huntsville yeah!!!

Wow is all I can say!!!!!  Shackbully pretty much hit the nail on the head!!!  This Navasota team was not the same team that played OF on Friday night.  They ahd another gear and then another gear tonight.  Great win for HJ and now looking forward to Friday night in Huntsville.  Navasota will be back stronger than ever next year as they return4 out of their top 5.  I thought that Silsbee was the most athletic and quick team that HJ has played all year.  Navasota makes Silsbee look like a bunch of 40 year olds.  See you in Huntsville!!!  Hopefully HJ/ Silsbee round 4!!!!!!

Hey Lazeek, whats wrong with a forty year old?.......lol

Guest tigersvoice

Lazeek, that's a very TACKY thing to say about your neighbors. :o

Wow is all I can say!!!!!  Shackbully pretty much hit the nail on the head!!!  This Navasota team was not the same team that played OF on Friday night.  They Had another gear and then another gear tonight.  Great win for HJ and now looking forward to Friday night in Huntsville.  Navasota will be back stronger than ever next year as they return4 out of their top 5.  I thought that Silsbee was the most athletic and quick team that HJ has played all year.  Navasota makes Silsbee look like a bunch of 40 year olds.  See you in Huntsville!!!  Hopefully HJ/ Silsbee round 4!!!!!!

Lazeek, that's a very TACKY thing to say about your neighbors. :o

Why was it TACKY, he just gave his opinion on athleticism. They were the most athletic and physical team that we played all year, by a long shot. It still amazes me that we were able to fight back and win the game. I dont think he was trying to take anything away from Silsbee, just say how good Navasota was. Dont get so defensive. ;D

his name is Jacoby Turner who had the put back he is the sophmore phenom who will wreck teams next year. And yes tigersvoice after the ball went through the net there was still .7 seconds left on the clock. That was the best defensive team we have played all year by far. The refs really let them play

Jacoby Turner. thats all i got to say. 

THATS MY BOYS!!!!

What a game...

Let me say that I'm not affiliated with HJ -- this is the first time I saw them play since last year at the state tournament. 

I did notice during the last timeout that HJ's assistant coach was drawing up the final play.  This really struck me as interesting that a coach with as much of a history of success as Coach Sutherland would allow one of his assistants to be literally holding the fate of the entire season in his hands.  I was sitting on Navasota's side, and you could almost feel the life draining out of their fans as that last timeout was happening.  Great play, great execution, and great win, Hawks.

Bottom line -- great job of coaching by the HJ staff, and great job of maintaining composure by the Hawk players.  Those guys flat-out get it done.

In a game like that, you go back to so many little things, like what if Navasota doesn't miss the front end of a one-and-one on their last possession?  Also, was Navasota's big man on the floor for the final play?  (Someone who was there can maybe correct me, but I don't remember him being out there, and if he wasn't in the game, his shot-blocking presence and rebounding ability could've been big as it came down.)

Guest nostradamus
Lazeek, that's a very TACKY thing to say about your neighbors.

Let me assure you that is not meant as a knock to Silsbee.  HJ has faced some very athletic teams this year such as:  Silsbee, Tyler Chapel Hill, East Chambers, Commerce, Jasper, WO-S.......

NONE of these teams are in the same athletic vicinity as Navasota.....it's a whole other level......doesn't mean they are not better basketball teams.....but just sheer athleticism......ain't even close.

Navasota was the most athletic team HJ played last year......and could possibly be again this year....I guess we'll see.

Also, was Navasota's big man on the floor for the final play?  (Someone who was there can maybe correct me, but I don't remember him being out there, and if he wasn't in the game, his shot-blocking presence and rebounding ability could've been big as it came down.)

I was not there either,but I had 2 people that were there tell me this morning how they couldn't believe he wasn't on the floor for the final play.

I did notice during the last timeout that HJ's assistant coach was drawing up the final play.  This really struck me as interesting that a coach with as much of a history of success as Coach Sutherland would allow one of his assistants to be literally holding the fate of the entire season in his hands.

Someone correct me if I am wrong here but, I believe both of Sutherland's assistants have been head coaches.  In fact, I believe one of them was his assistant at EC and followed him as the head coach there.  Regardless, I believe both assistants have had successful playoff experience as head coaches.  If Sutherland really did pass the board during that timeout then, one would think there is a certain level of trust and respect there that would make him feel comfortable doing that.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami