Football Schedule - Year One

I wouldn't bet on Lamar being FCS long term....

Said it before, Lamar is third in line...I do not think the Regents would let them to move up unless Sam Houston State was moving up.

First, I think SHSU is moving up.

Second, if SHSU didn't move up that has nothing to do with Lamar.

Guest abovetherim

I wouldn't bet on Lamar being FCS long term....

Said it before, Lamar is third in line...I do not think the Regents would let them to move up unless Sam Houston State was moving up.

What factual evidence do you have to make that statement? Lamar isn't third in line to anyone, period. Take Lamar-Beaumont, Lamar State College-Port Arthur, Lamar State College-Orange and LIT out of the TSUS and see how happy the Regents are then. We all went in together and if need be, we'll all leave together.

I hope we can make the annual McNeese/Lamar game the final game of the year.  It's a natural rivalry given our proximity to each other. 

What...not a big fan of the "red beans and rice bowl" are whatever it is you call the UCA-McN game?

Once Lamar joins, every team will have a nice rivalry game to finish the season except UCA...

McN vs Lamar (Sabine River Showdown)

TxSt vs SHSU (K©at Fight)

SFA vs NWST (Chief Caddo)

SELA vs Nich (Cajun Corner Game -- River Bell)

Yea, the UCA fans are nice, but there is nothing natural about that game with us at the end of the season.

McNeese hasn't really had a rivalry since USL moved out of the SLC in the mid 80's.

Once we all stop holding TxSU back and they go to the land of "Big Time" (HA!), I'd like to see the SLC add another Arkansas team or maybe Delta St. if they can improve their facilities.  That will give UCA a natural rival too.

Delta st is in Mississippi... Tarleton is next to get in. Followed by West Texas A&M..Amarillo market.

As I said, earlier.

We really have enough football schools if we hold a spot for TAM-CC which has stated their intention to start up when their enrollment hits 10,000.  That could happen around 2011 or so.

We need to hold  a spot for them.  I doubt it if UTA is serious about it.

Also, I understand that the Louisiana school presidents don't want to see anymore Texas teams join the SLC due to gigger budget issues.  The Louisiana schools will favor Louisiana, Arkansas, and Mississippi schools die to their simular budgets to keep things fair in their eyes.

Guest abovetherim

Well that "could" lead to a split of the SLC? So, I assume the Texas schools don't care about travel budgets? That is why UCA is in the conference now. The Louisiana schools didn't want another Texas school. That "fact" is pretty well known at Lamar.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124