Intentional Walks?

Does anyone see anything wrong with intentional walks? To me it is just part of strategy to set up the force play and has been around for 100 years.

Or are you talking about just issuing the pass instead of making the pitcher actually throw the ball?

I'm surprised at that question.  How about pinch hitters or pinch runners?  How about the infield fly rule?  How about leting everyone on the team play and hit regardless of ability?  Gimme a break!

give me your opinion on all those questions you just posed

I'm surprised at that question.  How about pinch hitters or pinch runners?  How about the infield fly rule?  How about leting everyone on the team play and hit regardless of ability?  Gimme a break!

You play to win games, not to hate on the rules

I'm surprised at that question.  How about pinch hitters or pinch runners?  How about the infield fly rule?  How about letting everyone on the team play and hit regardless of ability?  Gimme a break!

My opinion is that they are rules of the game, regardless of anyone's "opinion".  When I posted my message, I had read another post regarding someone who was intentionally walked in a game and a parent or fan of the guy who was walked was upset about it.  Then along comes this question....The good thing about intentional walks in high school is that the batter still gets pitches and no matter what anyone thinks, it is not easy to throw a ball out of the batter's reach 4 times in a row and not have a wild pitch or passed ball.  I have seen wild pitches on an intentional walk that moves a runner up.  Didn't mean to offend anyone by my sarcastic post previously, just thought it strange that someone complained on an earlier post about an intentional walk and then here's this question. 

You play to win games, not to hate on the rules

sometimes winning requires that u hate on the rules

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami