Lamar basketball pep band?

WOS95

Guest abovetherim

I was told they were at a competition. Yes, there is still a pep band. However, I'm looking forward to the day a full band is in the stands at the Montagne Center and Cardinal Stadium.

Even though it was not the best song choices for a basketball game (I understand it was Valentines night).....I would much rather have the radio play than the band in my opinion.

yeah i liked the radio between timeouts.  i just missed hearing the live versions of the fight song and the school song.

Hey Einsteins---It's a COLLEGE Basketball Game, played by COLLEGE Athletes with COLLEGE Cheerleaders and a COLLEGE Band.  Get in your cars, drive to Houston, check out the Rockets---you can listen to your radio on the way AND hear canned music at their game. 

Maybe if Lamar gets football back, they will install some really big speakers and a jukebox or even better, an [glow=red,2,300]ALL KARAOKE [/glow] halftime!!!  I'm sure your version of "My Uncle Used to Love Me, but She Died" will be a big crowd pleaser.

The NBA would love nothing more than to foster a college basketball environment at their events.  I've got a feelin' that playing canned music wouldn't sit too well with the Cameron Crazies at Duke or any other major college basketball arena, so why should Lamar settle for anything less?

Guest tigersvoice

Just thinking here.  Over the next couple of years, LU should invite some select local HS kids to play with them at the basketball games.  Kind of a school of the week thing - building to a marching band.

This makes SO much sense that there must be a UIL or NCAA rule against it!

Yeah - kinda what I was wondering.  You would be "unfairly" pursuading these select Sr's etc to go to Lamar.  Maybe ok if they didn't play.  It's kind of a kin to a couple of UoH games I went to in late 80s.  They would invite local players to the game, left tickets at will call and brought you down on the field a while during the game.  (That was their old Astrodome days)

Guest coachacola

Hey Einsteins---It's a COLLEGE Basketball Game, played by COLLEGE Athletes with COLLEGE Cheerleaders and a COLLEGE Band.  Get in your cars, drive to Houston, check out the Rockets---you can listen to your radio on the way AND hear canned music at their game. 

Maybe if Lamar gets football back, they will install some really big speakers and a jukebox or even better, an [glow=red,2,300]ALL KARAOKE [/glow] halftime!!!  I'm sure your version of "My Uncle Used to Love Me, but She Died" will be a big crowd pleaser.

The NBA would love nothing more than to foster a college basketball environment at their events.  I've got a feelin' that playing canned music wouldn't sit too well with the Cameron Crazies at Duke or any other major college basketball arena, so why should Lamar settle for anything less?

I go to several UT basketball games a year and they play a lot of canned music before and during the games.  They have a great sound system and with their ribbon lights and big video scoreboard, it really adds to the experience.  They mainly play canned music before the games and during long time outs.  They do have a pep band that plays before and during the game.  For it to work at Lamar they need to upgrade the sound system and scoreboard first.

I'm for the Pep Band all the way or 90% of the time.  Most of the canned stuff has been just garbage.  So I'm showing my age Ha!

What I think is they should celebrate the talent from this area, play a medley of songs from Tracy Bird, Mark Chestnut and others.  This is not during the game, but before the game and after the game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder