Silsbee vs. Jasper Predictions?

Guest tigersvoice

O.K. I get it now. All I needed was for you to spell it out for me. I should have taken your wisdom from the beginning. My fault on that one. Now lets see if I got it! I'm a HJ fan, not Jasper. So your wrong on that!! Now, I saw HJ beat Silsbee at HJ by 18. Then Silsbee beats HJ at Silsbee by 2 and HJ had no Burrell. So, by your standards of predictions if HJ gets Burrell back there is no way a Silsbee fan could predict Silsbee to win against HJ on a neutral court. It would be predicting who you wanted to win and not who should win, Right? It would be considered a upset. And you already know the definition of UPSET.

For Pete's sake!  How old are you guys?  The games are what they are; the records are what they are.  It would appear that the Hawks and the Tigers will meet in a thrid game to determine seeding in the playoffs.  For either team, it doesn't get much better than this.  Bury the friggin' hatchet and put the energy into the upcoming games.  Rather than snipe at each other let's hope the two teams meet in the Regional finals again.  Repeat, it doesn't get much better than this.  Enjoy and quit carving each other up.

O.K. I get it now. All I needed was for you to spell it out for me. I should have taken your wisdom from the beginning. My fault on that one. Now lets see if I got it! I'm a HJ fan, not Jasper. So your wrong on that!! Now, I saw HJ beat Silsbee at HJ by 18. Then Silsbee beats HJ at Silsbee by 2 and HJ had no Burrell. So, by your standards of predictions if HJ gets Burrell back there is no way a Silsbee fan could predict Silsbee to win against HJ on a neutral court. It would be predicting who you wanted to win and not who should win, Right? It would be considered a upset. And you already know the definition of UPSET.

Then my ONLY mistake (YOU are from HJ)........I was speaking of Jasper, if you read back......I put Silsbee and HJ in the same league, I think anyone that views sports unbiasly will agree Silsbee and HJ are fairly evenly matched (yes HJ has the edge, ya'll have proved that, dating back to last year). But on that note.......YOU keep saying with Burrell.......fair enough, I really hope both are healthy on the neutral court. I feel HJ has to be the favorite, however IF Silsbee wins, it would be a slight upset, yes.

Now with all of that said.....This is a SILSBEE -v- JASPER thread........and I stand by everything I've already said.......SILSBEE WINS! (by as much as they want to win by) if not it will be a HUGE upset!

It's not wanting Silsbee to lose (read my early post). It's about giving a prediction on a game without having to read meaningless, long, drawn out response from someone trying to give people a dictionary lesson. Up until that time things were good. Good Luck Silsbee--I'm outta here!!!

I know this is the wrong thread, but I am wondering why HJ's 2 point loss at Silsbee always seems to be preceeded by the comment that Trey Burrell did not play in that contest but also never includes Silsbee was missing their 6'7" starting post and a prominent roll player in that game as well. Fact is at HJ, Silsbee did not finish the game due to cold shooting much of the 4th quarter and the 18 pt deficit is indicative of fouling down the stretch and HJ hitting their freethrows. That game was closer than the final score indicated. That being said, HJ is the better team right now but not by much. Good luck to both clubs down the stretch and into the playoffs. As long as a 21AAA team brings home the gold, I am a happy and proud Southeast Texan.

Guest nostradamus
Fact is at HJ, Silsbee did not finish the game due to cold shooting much of the 4th quarter and the 18 pt deficit is indicative of fouling down the stretch and HJ hitting their freethrows. That game was closer than the final score indicated.

That's funny.  Silsbee lead HJ 41-32 with a little over 5 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter.  From that point on HJ outscored Silsbee 47-18.  I guess that was all free throws?  Did Silsbee start fouling in the 3rd quarter?  I guess Silsbee just missed shots?  It had nothing to do with HJ's defense, right? 

Bottom line is, HJ and Silsbee have played each other one time with both squads at full strength and they have played each other one time with both teams missing players.  Both are great teams and hopefully will get to meet again.  It would be great for local basketball.

IM FROM SILSBEE AND I WANT TO KNOW SOMETHING....WHY DOES EVERYBODY WANT SILSBEE TO LOSE? NOBODY IN THIS DISTRICT HAS AN ANSWER FOR SILSBEE'S GUARDS ENOUGH SAID..THEY ARE TO FAST AND THEY CAN SHOOT THE BASKETBALL

They are fast amd shoot well but what separates them from the others is that they also distribute the ball and get the rest of the team involved and still average around 20 and play defense.

Yes I am from Silsbee......but, the thread states PREDICTIONS......not your favorite team, or who you want to win......all the back and forth over the Silsbee -v- HJ game was legit, either was capable of beating the other (as far as talent goes) if any team in this district were to beat Silsbee OR HJ.....it would simply be a fluke, and a 1 in who knows what odds.......

Silsbee wins this game going away, even after watching Silsbee beat Kville last night 110 - 50, it was obvious they weren't playing with the same intensity that they played with against HJ......a better example of this was Silsbee -v- Oragngefield at Silsbee, and I'm sure it is the same when HJ plays others......FACT is......Silsbee an HJ allow other games to be as close as they are, the credit goes to their lackidasical (sp) play rather than the ability of anyone else in this district......PERIOD!

Silsbee by as many or few as they want it to be! Yes.......even in YOUR house! IF jasper does win, it will be because Silsbee didn't take the game seriously......which I doubt will happen!

Not to cause a big argument, but some people bet on the long shot horse simply because it is far more glorious to win when you are the only one who picked right (and the pay off is better). And you are absolutely right this is a "PREDICTIONS" thread where people can predict whatever they want. It doesn't say anything about who SHOULD win. If that was the question you would probably have more people vote for the Tigers, but a prediction thread gives people a chance to show their spirit while also giving them a chance to bet on the long shot. So let them have their fun and don't get upset when they do. Besides try to tell the Patriots who should have won the Super Bowl  ;)

Then my ONLY mistake (YOU are from HJ)........I was speaking of Jasper, if you read back......I put Silsbee and HJ in the same league, I think anyone that views sports unbiasly will agree Silsbee and HJ are fairly evenly matched (yes HJ has the edge, ya'll have proved that, dating back to last year). But on that note.......YOU keep saying with Burrell.......fair enough, I really hope both are healthy on the neutral court. I feel HJ has to be the favorite, however IF Silsbee wins, it would be a slight upset, yes.

Now with all of that said.....This is a SILSBEE -v- JASPER thread........and I stand by everything I've already said.......SILSBEE WINS! (by as much as they want to win by) if not it will be a HUGE upset!

I REPEAT!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami