Okay, I gave the alumni, fan's and student's from UH a pass before

Guest abovetherim

Guest abovetherim

but what in the heck is wrong with the Cougar fan support?

Marshall 58, Houston 71

Recap Box Score Conversation  1 2 T

MAR (10-8)  27 31 58

HOU (15-3) 40 31 71

Final8:00 PM ET, January 26, 2008

Hofheinz Pavilion

Houston, TX

Attendance: 4,526

UH is a very good team with a 15-3 record, very likely either an NCAA or NIT birth and only 4,500 show up to support this team. This is terrible!!! We're talking about arguably the school with the best men's basketball history in the state of Texas. 5 Final Four's and they can't even fill Hofheinz. Unreal!

Guest abovetherim

That is exactly what I don't get. I remember the days of Phi Slama Jama, Luv Ya Blue and some of the better Astros teams. If the teams are winning normally Houston supports their teams.

This is a very good UH team and they deserve more support!!!!

That is exactly what I don't get. I remember the days of Phi Slama Jama, Luv Ya Blue and some of the better Astros teams. If the teams are winning normally Houston supports their teams.

This is a very good UH team and they deserve more support!!!!

No way of getting around it, it's still Cougar High. ;D

Guest coachacola

Houston has way too many things to do, and it's such a big city with most people there from somewhere else, they just don't care that much about UH or Rice.  It's the same way in Dallas-Fort Worth, they don't care that much about TCU, SMU or UNT.

To be getting sellouts at UH, they would need to be ranked in the top 10 and be a national powerhouse.  Otherwise most people aren't going to bother to drive to that part of town of watch them play.

Guest abovetherim

Coachacola do you realize UH has about 30,000 students? So if only 10% attend the games that is 3,000 students. Add alumni, friends and supporters of this fine university and at 15-3, I would think it would be possible to have 6,000 in attendance in a city of over 2 million.

I lived in Fort Worth and my wife grew up there. TCU is a football school and really comparing the basketball history of TCU, UNT or SMU to that of UH is like comparing a Lexus to a Saturn. There is no comparison.

Now, I'm moving on because I like UH and have for several years. I don't want anyone to think I'm talking bad about the school because I'm not. It's the support I'm talking about. I loved to watch Guy Lewis' teams play and consider myself a fan of the Cougars. I've said many times my top three schools are Lamar, UT and UH.

I'm just disappointed at the support they are getting at 15-3.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder