Kountze 78 Hardin 20

sdeaver

Kountze girls played hard tonight.  They had a great assist game with some beautiful teamwork.  They played very well defensively not giving up any points until 2nd Qtr. 

Johnson 22 Hargraves 18 Stanford 9 Young 10 Deaver only had 6, the threes would not fall tonight!

Way to go Lionettes making a perfect 10-0 district record!

gee...you are patting yourselves about a 58 point win over an injury depleted Hardin team (they have lost like 4- 5 players to injury).  I'd like to think that I would do it differently if I was in that situation.  I only really have this to say, "What goes around comes around"...maybe not next year but sometime in the future, it will.  I was really impressed when the Kountze girls came to Hardin, but it is hard to be supportive of a local SETex team when they feel they have to improve on their previous game and blow a team out even worse (in the first game Ktz beat Hardin by 30, now this game by 58).

This is not sour grapes on my part...I am getting kind of tired of the press generated by teams across the state or nation that win 100-2 or beat a team by 70/80 points, etc etc etc....I only feel sorry for the losing team b/c it is embarrasing to have yourselves held to ridicule by making the state/national news for something you would rather forget. 

w

gee...you are patting yourselves about a 58 point win over an injury depleted Hardin team (they have lost like 4- 5 players to injury).  I'd like to think that I would do it differently if I was in that situation.  I only really have this to say, "What goes around comes around"...maybe not next year but sometime in the future, it will.  I was really impressed when the Kountze girls came to Hardin, but it is hard to be supportive of a local SETex team when they feel they have to improve on their previous game and blow a team out even worse (in the first game Ktz beat Hardin by 30, now this game by 58).

This is not sour grapes on my part...I am getting kind of tired of the press generated by teams across the state or nation that win 100-2 or beat a team by 70/80 points, etc etc etc....I only feel sorry for the losing team b/c it is embarrasing to have yourselves held to ridicule by making the state/national news for something you would rather forget. 

if you wanna talk about injury.. in the first meeting kountze had a player go down in the first quarter and another one out.. and they won by 30. this wouldnt have been a close game with or without your players.. and hardin only had one player on the bench injured. i guess the other ones just dont wanna be there anymore??

w

if you wanna talk about injury.. in the first meeting kountze had a player go down in the first quarter and another one out.. and they won by 30. this wouldnt have been a close game with or without your players.. and hardin only had one player on the bench injured. i guess the other ones just dont wanna be there anymore??

As far as I can remember, you only had one player hurt in the first meeting (Johnson) and yes Kountze won by 30 but they kept fast breaking all night.  Not once did Ktz slow down in the first meeting...I did say I was impressed by your team and I did think that they would do well in the playoffs.  However, even though I wasn't there for last night's game, the score leads me to believe that there was more of the same.  Fast breaking all night, and I bet Ktz pressed a lot during the game.  Don't get me wrong...Ktz has some good ones, especially Hargraves and the coach is a good one, but I was just calling for a little mercy on a team that is more than obviously having a down year.  I agree that it wouldn't have been close if we had all of our players, but gee, if you know you can control the game, then control it...not let it get out of hand so bad.  If you do that, I guarantee that anyone with a modicum of basketball knowledge would have said, "golly, that team is really good, they had their way with the other team, they controlled the game from start to finish...they could have blown them out, but they didn't.  What a team!!!"  Unfortunately, that wasn't the case last night.  You do know that this Hardin team has won only 1 or 2 games in district.  I can understand having the killer mentality when you play a team that you know is good as your boys did last night against the then district leader Hardin (you won by 21).

hardin put some pretty good whippings on people last year this may have been a little welcome back

that may be true, but they never put 58 point deficit up on anyone...they may have won by 20 or 30 but never 58.  If you look at my post on the first game in which Ktz won by 30, I didn't complain...that is the nature of the game, but winning by 58 is not the same as winning by 30.  That is just rubbing salt in the wound.

Since you wasn't there I really don't understand your complaint. Your support of the girls by not showing up might be the reasons for their struggles. On the other hand what about the kountze

girls who prepared for a game and had to ride the bench because the score was out of hand and then someone still complains. The only reason you could possibly complain about is if Kountze pressed the whole game. Since you wasn't there you can't let us know if the did. A game like that hurts both teams because kountze is preparing for the playoffs and a blow-out hurts them as well. No-one wants to see scores like that but it happens in boys also. All you can do continue to work and get better because you need to compete with that kind of talent if you want your girls to experience a playoff run that could stick with them for life.

w

As far as I can remember, you only had one player hurt in the first meeting (Johnson) and yes Kountze won by 30 but they kept fast breaking all night.  Not once did Ktz slow down in the first meeting...I did say I was impressed by your team and I did think that they would do well in the playoffs.  However, even though I wasn't there for last night's game, the score leads me to believe that there was more of the same.  Fast breaking all night, and I bet Ktz pressed a lot during the game.  Don't get me wrong...Ktz has some good ones, especially Hargraves and the coach is a good one, but I was just calling for a little mercy on a team that is more than obviously having a down year.  I agree that it wouldn't have been close if we had all of our players, but gee, if you know you can control the game, then control it...not let it get out of hand so bad.  If you do that, I guarantee that anyone with a modicum of basketball knowledge would have said, "golly, that team is really good, they had their way with the other team, they controlled the game from start to finish...they could have blown them out, but they didn't.  What a team!!!"  Unfortunately, that wasn't the case last night.  You do know that this Hardin team has won only 1 or 2 games in district.  I can understand having the killer mentality when you play a team that you know is good as your boys did last night against the then district leader Hardin (you won by 21).

on a more realistic note.. if the coach doesnt play his starters and get them in game shape, how will they be able to play a full game as they will have to in the playoffs.. The first part of district coach had the subs in basically the entire second half. now he has to play his starters to get them ready to actually play an entire game. It wasnt necessarily him trying to run the score up but condition his team for the future.

ok...now i'm going to say this...and then leave it alone...I have the utmost respect for Hardin players, fans, and especially their coaches.  I have always said they were a class act.  Last year...when they were loaded with senior talent like Balch and the gang...they won in volleyball, basketball, and softball.  Its just a new year-and their talent pool isnt quite what it useed to be.  On the other hand-Kountze is finally loaded again...as for the score...there was nothing more the coach could do...without jepordising the way he coaches his team.  He playued his starters for only 2-3 minutes of the 3rd...and almost NO time in the fourth.  for my money...that was mercy.  dont remember Buna fans raising such a fuss after that game!!!!

ease up on the girls-they deserve their success!

Guest bleed orange

Also you can't tell a player who does not play as much not to try. They want to show what they can do also. If the score gets out of hand than it does. You can't tell kids to lay down. If they have any competitive nature at all, they won't. Samething in the business world. Everything happens for a reason. It may not be fair but its life.

Also you can't tell a player who does not play as much not to try. They want to show what they can do also. If the score gets out of hand than it does. You can't tell kids to lay down. If they have any competitive nature at all, they won't. Samething in the business world. Everything happens for a reason. It may not be fair but its life.

very well put thats exactly how ive said it before glad someone else agrees with me.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124