jan. 29 vote for football whos in

lets see how the jan 29 vote will go  

33 members have voted

1. 1. lets see how the jan 29 vote will go

• for it
    • against

Guest coachacola

It'll pass easily.  I also predict that a lot of students will attend the football games and that will in turn get a lot more students at the basketball games.

I'm nervous about the vote - Not sure it will go across so easily.  There are plenty of people out there that are not excited about the extra $130.00 on their tuition, and they complain about the parking and the condition of some of the buildings on campus. 

I'm not a student, so I can't vote, but I hope that 51% of the students that do vote, vote yes!

I'm not a student either and have not been on campus except for the Montagne Center, but is the school promoting this?  Do they have any banners or anything like that up around campus?

I'm in the same shape, but I have had a chance to talk to several students, even those who aren't interested in sports.  Everyone knows about the vote.  It is the biggest news on campus.  If anyone doesn't vote, it will be because they didn't want to, not because they didn't know.

Guest abovetherim

We need at least 1,500 people to vote so it will be at least 15% of the student population. So everyone needs to get your friends and family members out to the Setzer Students Center on the 29th and 30th. This way the administration can go to the TSUS will some strong figures showing the students really want football to return to the Lamar University campus.

Guest abovetherim

Just a little update. I spoke with the SGA president today and got a few things cleared up. The $8.75 is for the fall and spring semesters. During the summer sessions the fee will be about $4.00. Just thought I'd pass this information on to everyone.

BTW, the SGA president seems very polite, approachable, friendly, professional and really cares about Lamar University. We got a good guy for our SGA president! He really seems to love Lamar and isn't just using the position as a good resume' builder.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami