Lumberton's new Head Coach!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably as many as can say their program has never made the playoffs. Good JV teams don't always translate to good varsity teams. This is a program that lost to Gulf Shores Academy last year. That is a major deal. A new head coach and a winning JV are two big steps, but overcoming the stigma of a perennial "losing program" will take time. Good luck to 'em, but I don't see them in the playoff race this year. Maybe they'll shock me!

[b]Probably as many as can say their program has never made the playoffs

I liked to laugh my A** off when i read that.. I am still laughing..that was a classic!!Hats off to you WOS92..

All you guys from Lumberton are ready to give this guy "coach of the year", and yet he has not been a head coach at the varsity level EVER!!!

And for you guys betting the farm on not losing a game in 4 years ..I might would rethink that.

My 8th grade year we lost 1 district game..my freshman we won the championship..my J.V year we won the championship..My Junior year we went 0-10 ..and my senior year we went 2-8.(needless to say we were in 22-5a back). But the whole town of Lumberton is already getting there fingers sized for there state ring ,and yet yall haven't down anything..Your coach hasn't done anything..I know yall are excited ,but Lord..atleast win your first one before extending this guys contract for another 10 years.

Well genious.. if you would read the threads they keep talking about how they only lost 1 game all the way from jr.high.We did the same..That doesn't mean anything until you get to Varsity..That was my point..Aren't we the smart one..WOW I see that was your first post on here..a quick tip for you presso258 is to read all the threads and then make your comment...It works alot better like that...

well piratefan he has been to a state championship game quite a few times, also the thing you said about us trying our state championship rings on nobody said anything about that we just say be ready for a good tought Lumberton team that may shock some people oh and trust me i have read all the threads

piratefan, Coach Alvin Creduer is a great coach. Just becuase you played are a loser, doesn't mean anything concerning the current Lumberton situation. Don't bad mouth our coach and maybe you will not get your feelings hurt. AND I READ ALL THE POST and yours was the most stupid of the lot. L

Actually I think what BigRed said is correct. He was just providing evidence that Freshman and JV wins dont always translate into wins on Friday night in the future. Also I dont think you realize how assenine your calling him a loser is.......... it is actually quite hypocritical, since he just telling YOU that he had the same SUCCESS at the same level of play......

Thankyou Jsmity..

First of all I dont believe you read all the threads,because NOT one time have I badmouthed anyone,specially a Coach or any Kids..I would never bad mouth a Kid..

I was just using my experience as an example of how Varsity is a wholelot different then J.V or some Junior high team.Yall are the ones that keep bragging about these kids that never have lost agame.In which you should be proud of that..But on the other hand you need to be realistic in what you are going to accomplish this year..I am a huge fan Of Vidor football but You wont see me on here bragging about us winnning anything this year or talking noise..because I am realistic..

And the last couple times I been to Lumberton maybe yall can atleast have more then 100 people show up..Yalls crowd support is borderline pathetic.

Quite simply, it comes down to this. For the area to look at LC-M, Vidor or Lumberton as a potential playoff team in this district, one of them are going to first have to make the playoffs. And yes it will probably have to do in a "shock the world" kind of season.

There is nothing wrong with optimism, especially since all teams are 0-0. However, those teams who are not perennial playoffs teams should expect to have their talk of high hopes dismissed, especially given that such talk of high hopes has not translated into success on the field.

I agree wosgrad.

The past records tell alot..The caliber of teams in this district is awesome.I am optimistic every friday night ..But by the end of the night I am a little dissapointed.But I am realistic.getting on here and really not everyone, but on some other threads they are ready to give the district championship to Lumberton .and all I am saying just dont get your hopes up too much.I root for teams like Lumberton,but you just have to be realistic..I know its not everyone from Lumberton but I am hearing alot of people get on here and just talk noise that they have nothing to back it up except some Junior high record..well congrats to your JV team and your Junior high teams ..But Yall better get ready to be let down at the Varsity level.

because Ozen, Dayton, Png, and Nederland don't really care how your JV team did last year..

Ok, lets see if we can clear this up a little. All of us involved with Lumberton football for the record dont expect to win any championships this year, nor do we expect to go undefeated. We are all so dad gum glad to see the old coach go packing and a Lumberton graduate with a lot of coaching experience get a chance to use what talent he has to begin to build our program. That's It. I would hope that all you other sports fans will give him a chance to begin the long process. He doesnt need any more pressure that he already has. A few wins and some good close games this year would be a big boost and a tremendous building block for the next few years.

I would hope that all you other sports fans will give him a chance to begin the long process. He doesnt need any more pressure that he already has. A few wins and some good close games this year would be a big boost and a tremendous building block for the next few years.

Coach Mike, I agree that this would considered major progress for Lumberton this coming year. Let's hope that those in Lumberton that are annointing them district champs (and there are some) will agree and not consider Coach Credeur a "bum" if the DC does not end up in Lumberton.

Coach Mike I agree.. You have to give this guy a chance and get HIS program started.He has to get his coaches in there and weed out all the ones that don't fit in his style of play and coaching.

There has to be support from the community and administration.

When I go to the games It doesn't look like football is taken real serious there.There is just not a huge turnout for the games as there are in other towns around here..(But maybe that is because of the old coach,I don't know)..I wish you guys luck and hope you have the right guy for your program..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siiyyaa
    Newest Member
    siiyyaa