Nederland RB to move to Memorial

Guest 87CRU79

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought athletics was "extracurricular" activity. This one player isn't anything without the rest of the TEAM. If this is true, his parents are teaching him a valuable lesson, that they think he is better than everyone else. I wonder if they are as concerned with his academics  ??? I am just as competitive as the next person, however, the chances of going pro and making millions are very slim. Why not teach him the real lesson of the sport, "TEAMWORK", that when everyone works together towards a common goal, success will follow. I hope this is not true.

From the UIL website:

Eligibility for Athletic Contests
meet all the requirements above,

are less than 19 years old on September 1 preceding the contest or have been granted eligibility based on a disability that delayed their education by at least one year,

live with their parents inside the school district attendance zone their first year of attendance (see your school administrator for exceptions),

[color=red]have not moved or changed schools for athletic purposes[/color],
have not violated the athletic amateur rule, and

were eligible according to the fifteen day rule and the residence rule prior to district certification.

There is no mention of districts.  The sit out period is a year.

Here is the direct quote from the rule book:

Section 440: ELIGIBILITY - ATHLETICS
Subject to the other sections of this subchapter, an individual is eligible to participate in a League varsity athletic
contest as a representative of a participant school if that individual:
(a) meets all the requirements of Section 400;
(b) is a resident of the member school district (see Section 442), and a resident of the attendance zone in which
the participant school being attended is situated,
[color=blue](1) Or has been continuously enrolled in and regularly attending the school for at least the previous
calendar year if his or her parents do not reside within the school district’s attendance zone; see (5)
(B) below for exception. Note: a student who has changed schools for athletic purposes may be
declared ineligible for more than one calendar year. See §443 (f) (3).[/color]

Last year, no pass defense.  Next year, no run defense.  Yep, those 'weaklings' in red, white, and blue will get torched by Memorial's running game!   ;D ;)

CRAZY!!!! you need to lay off that pipe! ;D

You heard it right.  I'll know something if yall have some more 6'5 or 6'6" players out there. 

Last year, no pass defense.  Next year, no run defense.  Yep, those 'weaklings' in red, white, and blue will get torched by Memorial's running game!   ;D ;)

CRAZY!!!! you need to lay off that pipe! ;D

You heard it right.  I'll know something if yall have some more 6'5 or 6'6" players out there. 

Well guess what....you're the winner! 'Cause you're gonna see some more of them out there next year! :'( Of the three main HS's in Beaumont, we got em! They know where the winning tradition is at!

Sometimes a kid and his family must do what they believe to be in their own self interest

Thast right go and get that great education at PA any parent would move there kid from Nederland to PA for their great academics.

If you could earn a degree in arse kissing well MC schools could start their own university.  I would with Nederland grads and I'm far from impressed with their so-called great academics.  Now brown-nosing they have that down to a sience....

Having said that, I've always had a low opinion of Nuemann of what happens to most NHS ball players post graduation so Roy and his fam are looking past HS.  Good move, and besides, he'll graduate from a shiny new building....

Sometimes a kid and his family must do what they believe to be in their own self interest

Thast right go and get that great education at PA any parent would move there kid from Nederland to PA for their great academics.

If you could earn a degree in arse kissing well MC schools could start their own university.  I would with Nederland grads and I'm far from impressed with their so-called great academics.  Now brown-nosing they have that down to a sience....

Having said that, I've always had a low opinion of Nuemann of what happens to most NHS ball players post graduation so Roy and his fam are looking past HS.  Good move, and besides, he'll graduate from a shiny new building....

Yeah, Pa has much higher graduation rates, test scores, and lower dropout rates than Ned, lol.  The way pa does bonds, Ned's brand new shiny high school and stadium will be done before one person moves into the pa(we want to move to Ned) high school.  Back on topic, if he moves to pa, he sits for a year.

That's what gets me about you snobbs from the Middle Kingdom.  You act as if PA graduates no one.  You act as if kids are retired from high school rather than graduating.  First off, Roy is a A student so no matter where he goes, he'll excell.  2ndly, since Nuemann does a  piss poor job in getting the bulk of his players looks(120 D1 schools) then I don't blame him for going to PA.  Every weekend, some ex PA student/athlete is excelling in his or her choosen sport.  Can't say the same for MC.  As far as bonds go, PA passed theirs and the new school is going up on schedule.  You should crawl out of MC sometimes down 9th Ave and look for your sorry self.  My opinion of MC/Ned posters drops like the Dow daily......

Yeah, Pa has much higher graduation rates, test scores, and lower dropout rates than Ned, lol.   The way pa does bonds, Ned's brand new shiny high school and stadium will be done before one person moves into the pa(we want to move to Ned) high school.  Back on topic, if he moves to pa, he sits for a year.

Where is the district line between PA and Nederland ISD at in the area of Central Mall?

All his family has to do is maybe move down the street if they live in this area.

I thought Central Mall was in Nederland ISD?

If that is the case would the division line be Turtle Creek Drive or maybe even 75th street?

It is kind of weird how the district lines are laid down between Port Neches, Nederland, and PA.

They sometimes DON'T follow the city limits.

When they started building all the apartments around Babe Zaharias I was told you had a choice of going to PA or Nederland, but I am sure that has changed.

If the kid leaves in this neighborhood and his family lives in an apartment, he could physically move down the street and be in PAISD with NO PENALTY of having to wait out a year.

Any one with knowledge of where the school district lines are in the area between Twin City and HWY 69 I would appreciate the sharing of this.  It would seem like there are several quality athletes in this area that are within blocks of being in NISD, PAISD, or even PNISD.

Where is the district line between PA and Nederland ISD at in the area of Central Mall?

All his family has to do is maybe move down the street if they live in this area.

I thought Central Mall was in Nederland ISD?

If that is the case would the division line be Turtle Creek Drive or maybe even 75th street?

It is kind of weird how the district lines are laid down between Port Neches, Nederland, and PA.

They sometimes DON'T follow the city limits.

When they started building all the apartments around Babe Zaharias I was told you had a choice of going to PA or Nederland, but I am sure that has changed.

If the kid leaves in this neighborhood and his family lives in an apartment, he could physically move down the street and be in PAISD with NO PENALTY of having to wait out a year.

Any one with knowledge of where the school district lines are in the area between Twin City and HWY 69 I would appreciate the sharing of this.  It would seem like there are several quality athletes in this area that are within blocks of being in NISD, PAISD, or even PNISD.

To answer your qestion, the line runs 'south' of the mall on that street that runs between the banks and the mall.  Then it goes through Stonegate which Blackberry is the divider.  PA/PNG meanders between Lake Arthur appartments and the actual subdivision and your right, he could simply go down 9th Ave and attend PAM w/o penalty....

If you're not allowed to transfer for athletic purposes, or you must sit out, what happened to the kid that transfered from PNG to Ned a couple years back (can't remember his name. Black running back that got mad at MB and started for Ned the following year)?

Ben Davis and I don't remember him sitting out.  Matter of fact, he played against Ozen the next year after leaving PN-G(older brother graduated from PN-G)

This case may be different since PAM is 5A and Neumann didn't seem to have a problem with him leaving.  He's already playing varsity baseball for the Titans....

That's what gets me about you snobbs from the Middle Kingdom.  You act as if PA graduates no one.  You act as if kids are retired from high school rather than graduating.  First off, Roy is a A student so no matter where he goes, he'll excell.  2ndly, since Nuemann does a  piss poor job in getting the bulk of his players looks(120 D1 schools) then I don't blame him for going to PA.  Every weekend, some ex PA student/athlete is excelling in his or her choosen sport.  Can't say the same for MC.  As far as bonds go, PA passed theirs and the new school is going up on schedule.  You should crawl out of MC sometimes down 9th Ave and look for your sorry self.  My opinion of MC/Ned posters drops like the Dow daily......

Yeah, Pa has much higher graduation rates, test scores, and lower dropout rates than Ned, lol.   The way pa does bonds, Ned's brand new shiny high school and stadium will be done before one person moves into the pa(we want to move to Ned) high school.  Back on topic, if he moves to pa, he sits for a year.

On time? lol.  When was that bond passed? three, four years ago?  After moving the location at least twice and  squabbling about it and then having to pass a second bond, they finally started a high school that is miles away from 85% of the students that will go to it. Bravo.  I never said no one graduates from pa, you made the "less than stellar academics" comment, so I made a comparison.  As far as D1 atheletes, what percentage of athletes make it out of pa vs the dropout rate?  So where are the priorities?

If you're not allowed to transfer for athletic purposes, or you must sit out, what happened to the kid that transfered from PNG to Ned a couple years back (can't remember his name. Black running back that got mad at MB and started for Ned the following year)?

I believe it the family physically moves to the new school district there is no penalty.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder