*Deweyville vs. Kountze/75-53 Kountze Wins/Comments*

Umm....what happened! Wow, we outscored them 45-21 in the second half.

Very good competitive High School Basketball Game between two good Teams, Congrats to Kountze, they showed the drive to overcome the Halftime deficet and claim the victory, it got out of hand late in the 4th due to some questionable calls by some very bad officials, who were bad for both sides.

Deweyville 53 Kountze 75

Score by Quarter

DV  17  32  46  53

KZ  10  28  50  75

Deweyville Stats

Kevin Bland      20pts, 3 blocks, 1 steal, 1 assist, 10 rebounds

Colby Caswell    16pts, 2 blocks, 1 steal, 4 rebounds

Caleb Jackson    7pts, 3 steals, 10 assists, 10 rebounds

Matt Manning      6pts, 1 assist, 10 rebounds

Dalton Estes      4 pts, 1 assist, 10 rebounds

Ronnie Anglin              2 blocks, 2 steals, 2 assists, 2 rebounds

Seth Williams              1 rebound

Keeton Addison          1 rebound

Both teams played extremely hard

We are proud of our young men from Deweyville

Hats off for Kountze

Congrats Lions

i thought it was 1 of the better officiated games i have saw this year if that tells how bad the officals have been both teams played hard kountze was just too much in the second half they really pounded the offenseive glass

You have got to be kidding, the officiating was horrible, for both teams.  And yes, Kountze is the real deal, every bit as good as advertised.

That was the best officiating job i have EVER seen.  In such an intense game they did very good.  They were very even the entire game, calls were missed on both sides but that happens its basketball.  If u want to know why the game got out of hand in the last 4 minutes its the lack of blocking out, rebounding, contesting of shots, CONDITIONING, and time out calling ability, I will never question or try to give advice to a coach for ANYTHING they do (they have a very hard job especially when there are so many people in the stands who think they know everything, and I might sound like one of those in my next sentence but I don't really mean to),  but when someone is gaining as much momentum as kountze was at the end you need to stop that run,  not wait till your in 13 deep with 3:30 left.  Deweyville played their hearts out and I know they hated to lose that game.  I would say it was the most exciting game I have watched of the season.  (especially for a team who wasn't supposed to be able to break the press lol)  Good luck next time pirates.  Get focused and go get the Bucs. woo woo

I see the stats someone has for the Dville boys anyone have the stats for the Ktown boys I missed the game and really wish I could have went.  sounds like a good game but the score ended like I figured it would by at least 20.  Good luck Dville when you come to KTOWN. 

Cant wait till Hardin comes to KTOWN if they can pull off the win in KTOWN ill say they are for real.

Great job Kountze boys keep it up

don't know the exact stats but Kountze leading scorers were

Devin bray 22pts and Roman Walker 16pts

Thanks dowg for the update missed it the other day.  Missed tonights game against anahuac cause my son had a game in Beaumont in a Junior high tournament they won too over Lumberton 38-37 on a last second shot.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siiyyaa
    Newest Member
    siiyyaa