* Lamar vs. Utah Valley State/LU WINS 74-69/COMMENTS*

Post updates here.

WE ARE GETTING OUTPLAYED BY A 6-10 TEAM AT HOME.  THIS AGAIN GOES BACK TO MY PESSIMISM ABOUT OUR TEAM.  HOWEVER, I WON'T TOTALLY 'GO OFF' UNTIL THIS GAME IS OVER.  HOPEFULLY WE WILL PULL OUR HEADS OUT OF OUR REAR AND COME BACK AND WIN THIS.

QUESTION:  HOW IN THE WORLD CAN YOU ALLOW ONE PLAYER TO BEAT YOU?  HOW IN THE WORLD CAN YOU NOT KNOW TO COVER SOMEONE?  I'M LISTENING TO THE GAME AND THIS TEWELSON OR WHATEVER HIS NAME IS IS GOING OFF.  I CANNOT IMAGINE ALLOWING ONE PLAYER TO DO THAT TO YOU.  WHAT IN THE WORLD IS OUR DEFENSE DOING???  NOTHING??????

WAIT..IT'S NOW 60-46 UTAH VALLEY STATE.  UTAH VALLEY STATE IS SHOOTING OVER 68%.  THIS IS ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC.  OF COURSE, THEIR COACH HAS ALMOST 200 WINS AND OUR COACH HAS 20.  WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT??? 

COACHACOLA:  YOU STILL PREDICTING 19 WINS????  WE ALL GOT EXCITED WITH WINS OVER PATHETIC SCHOOLS, A VERY POOR RICE TEAM, AND A CLOSE GAME WITH TECH.  THE FACT IS, WE STILL HAVEN'T BEATEN ANYONE THAT IS EVEN DECENT.

64-58...IT SOUNDS LIKE WE'VE FINALLY DECIDED TO PLAY A LITTLE DEFENSE.  IS IT TOO LATE????

>:(

WE ARE ON A 20-4 RUN NOW..UP 66-64.  IT SOUNDS LIKE WE'VE ALSO DECIDED THAT IT MAY BE A GOOD IDEA TO COVER SOME KID NAMED RYAN TOOLSON (I JUST LOOKED HIS NAME UP ON THE INTERNET).  HE'S BEEN STUCK ON A MERE 29 POINTS FOR A WHILE NOW.  HE'S THE KID THAT GOT THEM UP BY 14. 

I'M JUST AMAZED AT THE DIFFERENCE IN THIS GAME.  UVS HAS GONE FROM SCORING AT WILL TO NOT SCORING AT ALL.   IT SOUNDED LIKE WE WERE LETTING THEM DO ANYTHING THEY WANTED.

I'M ALL OVER THE PLACE HERE...I WAS READY TO TAKE DOWN MY LU DEGREE OFF MY OFFICE WALL.  I WAS SELLING EVERYTHING THAT I HAD THAT WAS RED.  NOW, IN TRUE LU FASHION, THEY ARE GIVING ME HOPE AGAIN....

WAIT..UH OH...TOOLSON JUST HIT ANOTHER 3..WE ARE ONLY UP 2.

Toolson is Danny Ainge's nephew.  He has the purest shot I have ever seen.  He may not be the best player to ever play in the Montagne, but he is the best pure shooter to ever set foot in that building.

47% 3's on the year

96% FT on the year

53% FG on the year

Guest coachacola

I was watching the ticker on ESPN and saw LU down by 10 early in the 2nd half and I was a little worried at that point.  It's good to see the team come roaring back and win this game.  I guess since earlier in the season they weren't doing that good holding a big lead in the first half, now they've decided to give the other team a big lead then come back in the 2nd half and win.  Lamar was only favored to win by a few points so I'm happy with a 5 point win.  Utah Valley is not that bad of a team, probably better than half the teams in the SLC.  Congrats LU!!!

I was watching the ticker on ESPN and saw LU down by 10 early in the 2nd half and I was a little worried at that point.  It's good to see the team come roaring back and win this game.  I guess since earlier in the season they weren't doing that good holding a big lead in the first half, now they've decided to give the other team a big lead then come back in the 2nd half and win.  Lamar was only favored to win by a few points so I'm happy with a 5 point win.  Utah Valley is not that bad of a team, probably better than half the teams in the SLC.  Congrats LU!!!

LU missed a lot of freethrows.

UVS was just hotttt. I  mean there was no stopping shots. We contested probably half of them. We just picked up the intensity and won it.

Good win by coming back down 14.

Guest abovetherim

Great question I'd like to know the answer to but I think they feel Barrow will give them some match-up advantages in conference. Just a wild guess on my part! Way to go Lamar. That is the way to start getting more fan's in the stands! Win!!!!

Why did Barrow start in McThay's place?  Isn't McThay our best defensive guard?

I think it is because talent-wise Barrow is probably our best player. He has not had a great start to this season, but he may be turning the corner now. He was hurt last season and still showed some effects early this season, but let's not forget that this guy was originally recruited by LSU but was a prop 48. If he gets his mind right and is 100% healthy, then I think he can be our MVP this season.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder